OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Have they started it yet? (I'm not reading much in here because I haven't watched Wanda yet.)

WandaVision is actually the first part of the new phase of the MCU. This Phase is a mix of movies and series'.

Next up is the Falcon and Winter Soldier series in March followed by the Black Widow movie in May (if not Covid delayed) and the Loki series in June.

WandaVision will tie in directly to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and Spiderman 3, both coming out later this year.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
WandaVision is actually the first part of the new phase of the MCU. This Phase is a mix of movies and series'.

Next up is the Falcon and Winter Soldier series in March followed by the Black Widow movie in May (if not Covid delayed) and the Loki series in June.

WandaVision will tie in directly to Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and Spiderman 3, both coming out later this year.

Thank you. I will probably ask you to repeat this at some point lol.

Reactions: Rebels57

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

looking forward to Loki..a lil less excited about Falcon..though it gets a bump up because of US Agent

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
once more..stay through the entire credits

Wanda's Scarlet Witch outfit is amazing and amazingly hot

Reactions: Flybynite

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I was a bit disappointed with the finale. A lot of the storylines felt rushed to conclusion. Still a solid series overall but this episode was a step down from previous weeks.

Reactions: trostol

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I was a bit disappointed with the finale. A lot of the storylines felt rushed to conclusion. Still a solid series overall but this episode was a step down from previous weeks.

When Elizabeth Olsen teases a Luke Skywalker type cameo... And Paul Bettany trolls with some of his comments

It does feel like that wasn't delivered on.

I will assume the Luke Skywalker moment was Evan Peters... But

It feels diminished because it wasn't really Fox universe Quicksilver. Just a stunt casting to have fans think it was.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
When Elizabeth Olsen teases a Luke Skywalker type cameo... And Paul Bettany trolls with some of his comments

It feels diminished because it wasn't really Fox universe Quicksilver. Just a stunt casting to have fans think it was.

There were two things I hated about the episode. The one in your spoiler tag was one of those.
The other was White Vision kind of just disappearing after talking to Hex Vision. No real conclusion on where he went. That felt rushed to me. The Agatha storyline conclusion was great though. They really could’ve added a few extra minutes to the last few episodes because this episode felt very rushedX

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
It's ironic they choose this show, because I've been reading Marvel since 69 and Thor and Viz have always been my 2 favorite Marvel characters.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

Or...it is the Fox universe quicksilver. He was in witness protection under the alias "ralph bohner" (a name that character would totally choose). This would also make him Woo's missing person that brought him to westview.

Im grasping at straws...i just cant accept it was a troll job. Especially when the character looked (silver hair) and acted just like the xmen character.

Reactions: Hawkman

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Or...it is the Fox universe quicksilver. He was in witness protection under the alias "ralph bohner" (a name that character would totally choose). This would also make him Woo's missing person that brought him to westview.

Im grasping at straws...i just cant accept it was a troll job. Especially when the character looked (silver hair) and acted just like the xmen character.

I hope that's the case. To play devil's advocate a bit. Perhaps there's some mutant gene inhibitor in the MCU Earth that is why there's been no Mutants and when Quicksilver crossed over he lost his powers. That loss of speed made him a more 'timid' type so that could explain how he reacted so frightened when Monica ripped off the necklace and he reverted to his own willpower, but also back to powerless... I kinda think he would have responded differently there, but that's just my opinion.

A de-powered Quicksilver was actually one of the ramifications of Wanda's "No More Mutants" from the House of M comic storyline actually.

The Ralph Bohner thing as an alias definitely would be a Quicksilver(fox) humor type thing... The acting headshots for a witness protection person doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless of course he's not actually being protected from anyone on THIS UNIVERSE from hunting him. Jimmy's comment about his relatives having no idea who he was when he called outside the bubble might not have been the indication that Wanda's powers affected people OUTSIDE the bubble, but Jimmy accidentally finding out the facts/identity of the person in witness protection were actually false and Pietro/Ralph Bohner has no relatives because he isn't from this universe.

I really would hope it's not a troll and stunt-casting... I think it was, but I hope I'm wrong.

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath

Great user name. They should have used him instead of Marvell.

Reactions: Adam Warlock

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The entire thing with Quicksilver ended up being a f***ing stupid red herring. Awful decision by Marvel.

A lot of the Finale I liked, but this should dropped a ton of bread crumbs that bad NO pay-off.

Missed opportunities.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Ok reading actually makes sense...

But if it was the case wouldnt they have revealed it in a post-credit scene or something? If we arent getting a 2nd season than how doed the events of Dr. Strange connect to Evan Peters' Quicksilver.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
The entire thing with Quicksilver ended up being a f***ing stupid red herring. Awful decision by Marvel.

A lot of the Finale I liked, but this should dropped a ton of bread crumbs that bad NO pay-off.

Missed opportunities.

I agree. Having him in it greatly raised expectations for a crazy payoff. I liked the finale too but was also let down. I wouldve enjoyed it more if he wasnt in it at all if they werent gonna do anything with him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I agree. Having him in it greatly raised expectations for a crazy payoff. I liked the finale too but was also let down. I wouldve enjoyed it more if he wasnt in it at all if they werent gonna do anything with him.

Exactly. Its a complete joke if he was only used as a gag. Something doesnt add up.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Good show, but ultimately didn't deliver in the end. The last episode was rushed and underwhelming. Also, Olsen with the ''Luke Skywalker Mando type cameo'' comment that ended up being nothing created a massive disappointment. It's not like MCU to not deliver in the end but I really thought they peaked with episode 7 and the last two were pretty disappointing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good show, but ultimately didn't deliver in the end. The last episode was rushed and underwhelming. Also, Olsen with the ''Luke Skywalker Mando type cameo'' comment that ended up being nothing created a massive disappointment. It's not like MCU to not deliver in the end but I really thought they peaked with episode 7 and the last two were pretty disappointing.

Olsen never said that.

It was made up by one online site then every other site ran with it.

All she said was she was "excited for a big reveal."

As for the episode, I agree that it didnt stick the landing. Too many set-ups not delivered on.

Reactions: The Madrigal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad