OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah, which is a change for the better. Falcon having telepathic abilities with Redwing and other birds would be silly.

If they'd had time to properly flesh it out as being a product of a Tesseract experiment it'd work. That would be in line with Captain Marvel and other Infinity Stone stuffs.

Racking my brain (and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone), the MCU seems to have tried hard to avoid naturally evolved superheroes/supervillains coming from humans. All of them are created via technology or space magic rather than evolution or natural processes. Which does make sense because if you're not gonna have the X-Men, it's probably best to entirely avoid that whole aspect.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If they'd had time to properly flesh it out as being a product of a Tesseract experiment it'd work. That would be in line with Captain Marvel and other Infinity Stone stuffs.

Racking my brain (and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone), the MCU seems to have tried hard to avoid naturally evolved superheroes/supervillains coming from humans. All of them are created via technology or space magic rather than evolution or natural processes. Which does make sense because if you're not gonna have the X-Men, it's probably best to entirely avoid that whole aspect.

Exactly.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

And for my money, "Dude has a tech suit/incomprehensible space magic" work way better as explanations than "Gamma radiation" and "radioactive spider bite." The former two are believable enough, or can be accepted as being beyond normal understanding. The latter two these days are just famous for causing cancer or horrible death; they may have been plausible enough in the early 60s when the realities of radiation were still pretty widely unknown.

The movies do a good job of avoiding the Star Trek Trap of falling too deeply into justifying your own tech on that radiation front though, and the characters are so damned good that you don't want to bother asking the hard questions about why or how they exist. So it doesn't matter when they occasionally briefly mention their origins in passing and just as quickly dismiss them.

Reactions: Rebels57

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Haven’t watched it yet but that’s what I was expecting based on what we’ve seen from the two of them in the films.
I think I watched like every interview where they were together from some of the movie junkets. They play off each other great in real life lol

Reactions: Jack Straw

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Episode 2: I really don't like the plot, but I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Edit: There's a new superhero series on Amazon called Invincible.

Last edited:
Reactions: trostol

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I watched both episodes of faws. So far so good. It’s like a buddy cop super hero movie.
I just started watching WV. It’s ok so far. I haven’t seen the marvel movies in a bit though; and still haven’t see a few random ones so I hope I’m not missing out on anything tied to it. (Black panther and captain marvel being the two biggest movies that I haven’t seen)

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Just watched ep. 2, definitely enjoyed the chemistry between the two leads. Looks like last week was back story and now they're getting right into the plot. Liking it so far.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Enjoyed the 2nd episode as well.

Another awesome action set piece followed by more well executed character development and plot set-up.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I’m not done yet, but I feel like the names of the products in the fake commercials should be a big clue to what’s going on and for the life of me I don’t remember the product names so far. I’m pretty sure I know who the guy in the commercials is though but isn’t he dead?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Finished it. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it. I feel like I may be missing some things though since it’s been a while since I watched any of the movies.
anyone have any info that I probably missed?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Falcon and Winter Soldier is so much better than Wandavision. WV was like watching a good TV show, F and WS is like watching a marvel movie in installments.

I agree. Honesty...the internet ruined WV for me. It just became a speculation game that overshadowed the show. I love Wanda, and i was excited for her to finally be the focus...but in the end it just felt like a set up series.

FWS on the other hand has been spectacular. I am on the edge of my seat the whole time. Its nice watching an intense show and getting to enjoy whats infront of you instead of worrying about whats coming next.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I agree. Honesty...the internet ruined WV for me. It just became a speculation game that overshadowed the show. I love Wanda, and i was excited for her to finally be the focus...but in the end it just felt like a set up series.

FWS on the other hand has been spectacular. I am on the edge of my seat the whole time. Its nice watching an intense show and getting to enjoy whats infront of you instead of worrying about whats coming next.
Well said Adam

Reactions: Rebels57

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I like Wandavision better so far because of the theories I got to craft with other fans, but Falcon and the Winter Soldier is really fun.

They're doing a great job of making us hate John Walker while very much making him a sympathetic character...a guy with exceptional ability, good intention...but unfortunately has been thrust into this IMPOSSIBLE task of replacing Steve Rogers.

Can't wait to see Walker (not a spoiler - I don't know what they'll do on the show) gives up the shield after this past episode and becomes a more likable character when he doesn't have to be Cap anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad