OT: All things Game of Thrones thread (SPOILERS INSIDE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
The first 20 minutes was terrible. Super close up shaky cam, spastic cut shots, filmed in the fake night, with a blizzard. It was almost impossible to see anything. It got much better once the dam was lit.
A ton of stuff didn’t make any sense. Set loose the Dothraki on their own. Real smart.
Aria ninjas it up with her cool new two piece murder-spear, loses it and my favorite scene in the series. Hide and seek with the dead in the library.
Aria sprints off after that towards who knows, for who knows what reason.
Jon’s dragon air tackles the Night Kong’s dragon rather than roasting it.
Was the knight king Valyrian?
Dany lands her ****ing dragon after saving plot armor Jon. She could have flown him to Bran.
Aria flying in from no where to kill the night king.
Bran warging into the ravens for no apparent purpose and not helping one iota.

Your last point is so spot on. Now, maybe there will be some significance next week, but Bran did nothing against the Night King. Flew right up to him and then ... just sat there. He did come back in time to thank Theon for his whole group's getting slaughtered to save him for no help at all.

That was frustrating.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
So I know you're supposed to suspend belief when watching these shows...but there were just way too many things that don't make sense/are extremely convenient.

8 seasons of TV, 10+ years of book reading...and the final answer to the Night King is that Arya jumps out of no where when surrounded, tries to stab him, gets caught, drops her knife but somehow catches it again, and then stabs him? Just ugh.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Night King >>>>>>>>>>> Cersei.

Just seems so ass backwards that it's going to end that way. The threat of the Night King was, and is, far greater than Cersei.

Night King wins? Everyone dies.
Cersei wins? Cersei stays queen.
Yeah, I mean you beat the f***ing army of the dead. You can beat Cersei. One dragon can wreck the entire army she has, couples with Dorhraki, Unsullied, and whomever else is left (or joins once word spreads of the victory).

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
About half that footage was almost unwatchable. Dark, shaky, overdone snow filter.

Felt like a mediocre medieval movie like eragon or some shit. They started smelling their own shit after everyone lost their minds over hard home.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
So I know you're supposed to suspend belief when watching these shows...but there were just way too many things that don't make sense/are extremely convenient.

8 seasons of TV, 10+ years of book reading...and the final answer to the Night King is that Arya jumps out of no where when surrounded, tries to stab him, gets caught, drops her knife but somehow catches it again, and then stabs him? Just ugh.
You’re turning me against this ep. stop it.

Reactions: Chinatown88

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I was entertained...all that matters despite the fact that more people lived than I thought was possible. Also, would have like the Night King to die in a cooler way....if at all. Arya's bones should be shattered btw.....Night King cracked her like a nut.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Night King >>>>>>>>>>> Cersei.

Just seems so ass backwards that it's going to end that way. The threat of the Night King was, and is, far greater than Cersei.

Night King wins? Everyone dies.
Cersei wins? Cersei stays queen.

Disagree. Night king has no characterization. Night king is a plot device and not an antagonist. That would be an awful ending

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Everything in that scene was set up in the past. She did that move before. Her sneakiness and ability to evade the dead was also established.

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
The weapon Arya used to kill Night king; was that not the special weapon that she asked Gentry to make and showed the schematic for it?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Everything in that scene was set up in the past. She did that move before. Her sneakiness and ability to evade the dead was also established.

Sneakiness and evasion? Sure, but in the scene before Theon's charge at the Night King, you can see a ring of wraiths multiple levels deep with White Walkers standing at the only access point, yet Arya somehow "death from above" attacks him? What did she do, sneak past the entire group, climb the God's Wood and then leap from a branch? Use them as a trampoline to bounce up at him?

Reactions: Ruck Over

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

It's one thing to evade the dead when you're sneaking around some wights in the library - it's another when you're sneaking around a whole bunch of wights, multiple white walkers, and the knight king.

I'm hoping we get more explanation next episode, but if it just ends that she jumps out of no where...that's disappointing.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Longstanding theory is the Night King is a Stark. Fire alone doesn't do **** to the walkers, I think in the book they even freeze it. Arya sprinting off was pretty obvious, wife and I immediately called her sneaking off to kill the NK. A major thing established by the library hunt is just how sneaky she is after all. Pretty sure dragons can't roast dragons.

Calling him "Plot Armor Jon" is goofy. He's the Frodo here. The whole story is about him.
I called him Plot armor Jon due to the way they put him in the middle of the undead army 2.0, where all they had to do was tackle him en masse, but they cut away and then back and he cleared nearly 10 yards around him and they were basically taking turns rushing him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I called him Plot armor Jon due to the way they put him in the middle of the undead army 2.0, where all they had to do was tackle him en masse, but they cut away and then back and he cleared nearly 10 yards around him and they were basically taking turns rushing him.

It's an absurdity to think the person who this is all about is ever at actual risk. It's to the point where I never thought he was dead when he was stabbed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's one thing to evade the dead when you're sneaking around some wights in the library - it's another when you're sneaking around a whole bunch of wights, multiple white walkers, and the knight king.

I'm hoping we get more explanation next episode, but if it just ends that she jumps out of no where...that's disappointing.

It's gonna be easier to sneak around in a forest in the dark than in an enclosed, lit room. It's not like there was a thick ring of the dead either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad