All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Well...its the Republicans convention...find the biggest stadium and fill it up 2 times over...I'm all for it. Give the man what he deserves.

So let me get this straight, Arenas filled to capacity for sports events = bad idea

Arenas filled to capacity for a Trump rally = good idea

Makes sense doesn't it?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Some of the replies to my posts in the last thread scare/sadden me. I didn’t insult any of you directly.

Shouldn’t you be relieved this isn’t as deadly as feared initially? No one knows the totality of the pandemic but each of us has a pretty good idea of their own risk and can act accordingly. Yikes. I hope June is different.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Some of the replies to my posts in the last thread scare/sadden me. I didn’t insult any of you directly.

Shouldn’t you be relieved this isn’t as deadly as feared initially? No one knows the totality of the pandemic but each of us has a pretty good idea of their own risk and can act accordingly. Yikes. I hope June is different.

People get very uncomfortable when they are confronted with facts that go against their rigid world view. Just have to be patient with them. Best you can do.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
the person holding that sign may be one of the dumbest motherf***ers on the planet.

using that logic murder is A-Ok

There's an irony in that boat flying the yellow Gadsden Flag. Ben Franklin first began to use the rattlesnake motif because he said that the snake is small and looks fairly harmless, and even when its weapons are displayed they still appear weak. But they pack a deadly, poisonous punch, and as a result the animal usually gives fair warning before striking and doing its most serious damage. He felt this was an excellent analogy for the 13 colonies, but you know it also works very well for a certain, more contemporary virus....

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There's an irony in that boat flying the yellow Gadsden Flag. Ben Franklin first began to use the rattlesnake motif because he said that the snake is small and looks fairly harmless, and even when its weapons are displayed they still appear weak. But they pack a deadly, poisonous punch, and as a result the animal usually gives fair warning before striking and doing its most serious damage. He felt this was an excellent analogy for the 13 colonies, but you know it also works very well for a certain, more contemporary virus....

*like*

it’s a great point

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

It’s not as deadly as feared initially because of the extreme social distancing measures that were put in place. Not because the virus is less deadly than originally thought.

Do you honestly not understand that?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/Hydroxychloroquine.pdf

According to the CDC, this drug is safe to use for any length of time for adults, children, and pregnant women. It’s been around for 80 years and has 50 million prescriptions and its now suddenly to dangerous to take? You can still take it for rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus no problem, but if you have Covid it’s a problem.

Don't forget that some of the issues that arise with Covid are heart related- blood clots, etc. They are seeing strokes in younger people (30s, 40s) so maybe this makes those symptoms worse. Not every drug should be used for every condition. The side effects are listed for a reason.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/Hydroxychloroquine.pdf

According to the CDC, this drug is safe to use for any length of time for adults, children, and pregnant women. It’s been around for 80 years and has 50 million prescriptions and its now suddenly to dangerous to take? You can still take it for rheumatoid arthritis or Lupus no problem, but if you have Covid it’s a problem.

There are thousands, probably 10's of thousands or hundreds of thousands of drugs. Just because they exist doesn't mean it's a good idea to randomly take them when they are not treating a problem you have, or won't prevent you catching something.

This whole thing is so goofy. All Trump had to do was behave like an intelligent human being, and say "it was something worth exploring, as there was some anecdotal information that it might help. However studies have determined that it is not helpful. In this time of crisis, we should look at all avenues to rid ourselves of this menace, in a safe and studied way. My administration will leave no stone unturned to protect the American people".

Instead he is the ridicule of the 99% of the world who aren't anchored in voting Republican.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
People get very uncomfortable when they are confronted with facts that go against their rigid world view. Just have to be patient with them. Best you can do.

His previous argument was “I don’t want to wear a mask and won’t.”

Please feel free to post something scientific to back up his argument and I’ll be more than comfortable joining the anti-mask crowd.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad