All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
New thread, I think the rules from the main covid board are sufficient:

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.

Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Be careful what you link to, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Patrick Ewing is out of the hospital and recovering at home. A nice piece of good news today

Reactions: sooshii

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site
I think what infuriates me is that this has shown that a lot of people, when push comes to shove, are selfish, petulant children. When showing support for their country or community only involves doing something like adding a hashtag, or buying a t-shirt (#bostonstrong, #neverforget, etc) they're willing to do that. But when they have to take some minor action that would inconvenience them in a tiny way to actually save lives, they're not capable. No doubt it doesn't help when leaders aren't providing a good example, but still the onus is on the individual.

Are some protestors concerned about their livelihood and want to get back to work to support their families? Sure. But that shouldn't mean them not wearing masks while they're protesting, or people being responsible and not going to crowded bars as soon as places start to reopen.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A year ago at this time, all we cared about was the Bruins’ shot at the Stanley Cup - The Boston Globe

The only men in Boston wearing facemasks in May of 2019 were Tuukka Rask and Blues goalie Jordan Binnington.

The Bruins won Game 1, 4-2, overcoming a 2-0 deficit in the second period.

Outside the Garden, a Globe stringer reported, "Thousands crowded Boston City Hall Plaza Monday for the Bruins Stanley Cup Final party hosted by the National Hockey League — an event that featured performances by country music artist Chase Rice and rapper Lil Nas X. Sunny weather drew huge numbers — the plaza reached its 12,000 capacity by the end of the first performance, and an estimated 8,000 more stood outside the gated area to watch from afar.''

Hmmmm. That's 20,000 crowded into the City Hall area and 17,565 at the Garden.

Game 1′s big story line focused on Bruins defenseman Torey Krug, who had his helmet dislodged in a third-period scrum with David Perron, then got up and rushed Robert Thomas — Dave Cowens-style — blasting the Blues center out of his skates. It was a moment.

The sad sidebar of the night was the announcement that former Red Sox first baseman Bill Buckner had died at the age of 69. Tributes flowed. Nobody checked the obit to see if Buckner had succumbed to COVID-19.

The coronavirus did not exist in our minds in those fun-filled, carefree days. A Corona was nothing more than an overpriced beer sold in the crowded saloons around the Garden. Hydroxychloroquine, contract tracing, distance learning, Dr. Anthony Fauci, herd immunity, and Zoom were not part of our everyday language. Bruce Cassidy's line rotations were more important than any form of mitigation.

Social distancing? I would have guessed that meant proper spacing on the power play.

It was the world before COVID-19. We didn't know how good we had it. And who among us wouldn't give anything to go back to it?

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Some Vegas newspaper wrote some article about how people are mad about Costcos mask policies and people arent coming or whatever

I commented that good I am happy because I am tired of morons coming in with no masks and arguing or pulling down there masks while getting uncomfortable close to me

A woman replied that state law doesnt require masks. When I explained that its store policy and she can shop somewhere else she said she doesnt shop there anyways and supposedly called corporate on me for being "vulgar" Another woman commented that she was going to call my building and commend me.

SMH why are people so stupid but not just stupid so confident in their stupidity. Wonder if I get pulled aside and talked to tomorrow.

Reactions: lopey

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He was probably never taking it to begin with
This is what I was talking about.

The US doctors taking Trump’s lead on hydroxychloroquine – despite mixed results

The American Association of Physicians and Surgeons, a fringe group, offers advice that isn’t ‘consistent with evidence-based medicine’, experts say.

There is an alternate universe of Covid-19 misinformation masquerading as science, which with the encouragement of Donald Trump, is proliferating among his supporters.

Among the most ardent proponents of these claims is the American Association of Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), a fringe group of less than 5,000 doctors. The group was recently cited by Trump’s campaign manager, Brad Parscale, to explain the president’s stunning announcement that he is taking the drug hydroxychloroquine in an attempt to protect himself against Covid-19 despite a lack of evidence of its effectiveness.

Yet Dr Jane Orient, executive director of AAPS, told the Guardian she believed the drug “should be prescribed more often”, and in a statement based on a flawed database claimed the drug offered “about 90% chance of helping Covid-19 patients”.

“They seem frequently to offer advice and opinions about medical practice that are not consistent with evidence-based medicine,” said Dr Michael Carome, an expert on drug and medical device safety at Public Citizen, a public advocacy group.

“They’re aligned with the Trump administration, that doesn’t believe in science, doesn’t believe in fact. They’re completely compatible with the Trump White House.”

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

The common denominator on every protesters,rallies...
The violence comes from Republicans towards Democrats Governors.

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad