All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
“I am an ally of ALL PEACEFUL PROTESTERS”

you gonna tell me he was violent or something because he kneeled during the anthem?
Jaylen Brown drove 16 hours to peacefully protest in Atlanta (I think), news crews everywhere picked it up and heard his voice. He actually SAID something. Is that the same as kneeling down during a national at a basketball game where he’s being paid millions of dollars to do so? Not sure. I agree with others, I don’t like politics being forced down my throat when I’m trying to enjoy a game I pay thousands a year to watch. I respect everyone’s right to protest, but doing it on your own time is probably a better idea. I’d be fired doing it in my career

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jaylen Brown drove 16 hours to peacefully protest in Atlanta (I think), news crews everywhere picked it up and heard his voice. He actually SAID something. Is that the same as kneeling down during a national at a basketball game where he’s being paid millions of dollars to do so? Not sure. I agree with others, I don’t like politics being forced down my throat when I’m trying to enjoy a game I pay thousands a year to watch. I respect everyone’s right to protest, but doing it on your own time is probably a better idea. I’d be fired doing it in my career

But again, your opinion on kaepernick doesn’t matter (neither does mine). Fact of the matter is he peacefully protested and the president vilified him. He’s a liar and a hypocrite after his statement today. You’re allowed to acknowledge that.

Reactions: LSCII and Braun

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
No offense but who cares what your opinion and others opinions are though? He says he’s in favor of all peaceful protesters. That statement is a lie and blatantly hypocritical.

that's fine and your view is your view. I'm just trying to show where the two things are different. I doubt he would have had an issue if he was on the street marching like the peaceful protestors are now,

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not what I said at all, I'm saying the time and place for Kaeps protest was very questionable to a lot of people, me included.

Well, a big point of a protest is that it isn’t done out of convenience.

The issue was people would rather label a guy like Kap as “ungrateful” due to his economic status and therefore his complaints are invalid and not worth hearing. He is a millionaire so why should he give a shit about these issues.

Literally every comment section on any athlete or celebrity speaking their mind about injustices. People are really good at finding justifications and reasons not to listen when they don’t feel the issue should concern them.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Its funny this weekend on FB I was called a "racist" and a "kike". Im not the first one.............................but I am the second one.............and I'd dare any of these fools to call me a "kike" in person

- I am not my ancestors that were rounded up in Russia during pogroms
- I am not my ancestors who were rounded up and murdered by the Nazis
- I am not my mother who was chased home by racist Irish Bostonians when she was a kid for being Jewish

I dont understand these fools. You cant preach unity but then call someone a "kike" especially when all I asked was how does looting and defacing a synagogue have to do with George Floyd?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Ha ha ha ha ha

Gr8

Friend of mine tagged me in that saying be careful. He also lives in Vegas. Was just at the gun store. 2 lines 1 for accessories and bullets. The other was like 10 people deep the purchase firearms. However there is a backlog in the system and it will take 2 days to even have their firearms in hand to defend themselves if needed tonight or tomorrow.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
If you think the President sending in armed personnel to protect the property, lives, and businesses of law abiding citizens from these “ protesters”makes him a dictator you are an idiot. What would you want him to do if it was, say, the KKK causing all the destruction while local police and politicians sat idly by and did nothing. I thought so. What are you going to do when it comes to,your neighborhood and the local police are overrun like in Minneapolis. Maybe you can show them your post history and they’ll spare your property or business but I doubt it. is Far left radicals have hijacked what was a peaceful protest to start and caused the chaos they’re known for.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Its funny this weekend on FB I was called a "racist" and a "kike". Im not the first one.............................but I am the second one.............and I'd dare any of these fools to call me a "kike" in person

- I am not my mother who was chased home by racist Irish Bostonians when she was a kid for being Jewish

I dont understand these fools. You cant preach unity but then call someone a "kike" especially when all I asked was how does looting and defacing a synagogue have to do with George Floyd?

Yes, that is despicable.

Absolutely no normal person will debate you on this.

Reactions: Alicat

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

you are absolutely correct for that to upset you, no debating that

Reactions: Alicat

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Well, a big point of a protest is that it isn’t done out of convenience.

The issue was people would rather label a guy like Kap as “ungrateful” due to his economic status and therefore his complaints are invalid and not worth hearing. He is a millionaire so why should he give a shit about these issues.

Literally every comment section on any athlete or celebrity speaking their mind about injustices. People are really good at finding justifications and reasons not to listen when they don’t feel the issue should concern them.

Or maybe people want to go to a game for sports, or a concert for music and don't give two ***** what your view is on anything and maybe since the fans are a paying customers you can do it on your own time?

He has every right to his opinion and I agree with plenty he has said and stood for...I even bought his excuse for his pig socks.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t want this to delve into a kaepernick debate because our opinions don’t really matter and imo it’s just annoying at this point after all these years, my only point is that it’s factually not true that the president loves all peaceful protesters and I just wanted to make that known.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
But again, your opinion on kaepernick doesn’t matter (neither does mine). Fact of the matter is he peacefully protested and the president vilified him. He’s a liar and a hypocrite after his statement today. You’re allowed to acknowledge that.
Well by that logic my opinion of Kaepernick matters as much as your opinion of Trump

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well by that logic my opinion of Kaepernick matters as much as your opinion of Trump

yeah, it does!

But here’s the thing- my point is that trump is being a liar and hypocrite when he says he loves ALL PEACEFUL PROTESTERS. The fact that you and others have tried to actually debate the merit of Kaepernicks protest instead of simply admitting the blatant fact I stated to be true says it all about you

You can’t argue Kaepernick wasn’t peaceful. You can’t argue he was vilified by Trump. You can’t argue Trump said what he said today. This isn’t an opinion. This isn’t rocket science Oates.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
yeah, it does!

But here’s the thing- my point is that trump is being a liar and hypocrite when he says he loves ALL PEACEFUL PROTESTERS. The fact that you and others have tried to actually debate the merit of Kaepernicks protest instead of simply admitting the blatant fact I stated to be true says it all about you
Fact is this thread was discussing riots & Mr. Floyd, you were one who brought Trump into it, you’ve now brought Kaepernick into it. Who’s next? Don't derail the thread then get upset people don’t agree with you on your points

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
yeah, it does!

You can’t argue Kaepernick wasn’t peaceful. You can’t argue he was vilified by Trump. You can’t argue Trump said what he said today. This isn’t an opinion

The hilarious thing is you still put any thought or energy into anything Trump says. Trump doesn't love anyone.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Fact is this thread was discussing riots & Mr. Floyd, you were one who brought Trump into it, you’ve now brought Kaepernick into it. Who’s next? Don't derail the thread then get upset people don’t agree with you on your points

lol yes I’m the one who brought trump into it when my initial tweet about it was quoting somebody else

And it’s relevant because it’s a protest and the president just said he loves all peaceful protests. TODAY.

Galaxy brain stuff

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
yeah, it does!

You can’t argue Kaepernick wasn’t peaceful. You can’t argue he was vilified by Trump. You can’t argue Trump said what he said today. This isn’t an opinion. This isn’t rocket science Oates.
I never said Kaepernick wasn’t peaceful.
I also never said Trump wasn’t a complete moron.

I don’t depend on Trump to protect me.
I don’t like athletes forcing politics on me when I’m just trying to sit with my daughter and enjoy the game on the weekend

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I never said Kaepernick wasn’t peaceful.
I also never said Trump wasn’t a complete moron.

I don’t depend on Trump to protect me.
I don’t like athletes forcing politics on me when I’m just trying to sit with my daughter and enjoy the game on the weekend

great nobody gives a f***! That’s not the point. The point is I call out the blatant hypocrisy and multiple of you try and turn it into something it isn’t. If you thought he was a moron then you can just say that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad