All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
New thread, I think the rules from the main covid board are sufficient:

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.

Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:
Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"
Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"
Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Be careful what you link to, treat it like the trade forum we don't want to spread bad information.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I'm sure it was intentional. And going forward we'll start hearing how only 10% of the overall coronavirus deaths were in the US. And his legion of faithful followers who've been flooding social media for weeks saying they're over reporting Covid19 deaths will instantly reverse course and now say they're under reporting those same deaths to make Trump look bad. It's what they do.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Problem with doing this is that it sets a bad precedent and how many more Targets will end up getting looted and pillaged because people in different areas want their fair share of the free goods?
I know I thought about that too. But if we bail them out of jail might as well keep the stuff with it. I know they are not the rioters in the Target but still. No doubt it can and predict will escalate all over the U.S . I have zero doubt about that.

I feel like I’m seeing Rodney King episode all over again.

See this is when leadership comes in. I’ll leave it at that

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I'm sure it was intentional. And going forward we'll start hearing how only 10% of the overall coronavirus deaths were in the US. And his legion of faithless followers who've been flooding social media for weeks saying they're over reporting Covid19 deaths will instantly reverse course and now say they're under reporting those same deaths to make Trump look bad. It's what they do.
Good point.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I know I thought about that too. But if we bail them out of jail might as well keep the stuff with it. I know they are not the rioters in the Target but still. No doubt it can and predict will escalate all over the U.S . I have zero doubt about that.

I feel like I’m seeing Rodney King episode all over again.

See this is when leadership comes in. I’ll leave it at that

I was telling my 11 year old about that this morning because I had said the same thing to my wife earlier and my daughter overheard it and asked what I was talking about.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I was telling my 11 year old about that this morning because I had said the same thing to my wife earlier and my daughter overheard it and asked what I was talking about.
I agree with you. I hear you loud and clear

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Marty’s just as pissed but his hands are tied. Even as mayor, he doesn’t have as much power as people think.

The Suffolk County DA is one and done. She ran on criminal justice reform and all she’s done is put repeat and violent offenders back on the street to commit more crime.

I love Commissioner Gross. He truly cares about every resident in Boston and will not accept anything half assed.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I know this sounds crazy and I will say it anyway because I say what I mean. A lot of people will disagree with me and that’s cool. But if I was the billionaire owner of Target I let everybody keep the stuff that was stolen and keep it and sort of move on. Trust me I’m not drinking and the heat hasn’t got me yet. If I’m out of my mind believe me I understand. Trust me lol I’m sober saying this.

Everything else that was taken is the owners of that property that was destroyed. I get the riots. I don’t condemn any of it but I completely understand it.

What!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad