OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I've been pretty down all day and the cancellation of the 4th of July made me cry. I don't dare go to the concert but watching it on tv is a tradition.

I do hope by 4th of July it will be safe enough to have a few friends over to have a small bbq to celebrate.

Understood, these are challenging times we live in. Uncharted waters from now and forever. There is more than one strain of the virus. Who knows if it is in the air? We don't!

Stat Safe you have lots of friends here.

member 96824

So when the WHO the CDC and everyone in the country thought the virus was no big deal AND we had virtually no cases what were you expecting him to say or do? NOBODY thought it was going to be like this in NOV/DEC/half of JAN. And as soon as it became apparent what was happening he acted quickly. It was a very fast situation that trying to imagine some political savior even had the ability to control this or save you is just an advanced coping mechanism.

Just looking for a yes or no to my question

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

White House officials described the veterans as "choosing nation over self" by joining Mr. Trump at the World War II Memorial ceremony.

"These heroes are living testaments to the American spirit of perseverance and victory, especially in the midst of dark days," said White House spokesman Judd Deere.

What could go wrong...they had a beautiful, enormous death.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Will we learn out lessons from others? I think we will not. We are leaderless as a nation. We are all not in the same page at the same time.

South Korea opened its nightlife and BAM new cases started. Did we slow down the opening based on this news, fact and data? NO

South Korea sees new cluster of COVID-19 cases tied to nightclubs

Stay Safe. Don't believe Trump, his agenda is not yours. Take care of your family, save their lives and yours, be smart. Wait.

Trump and Pence's staffs are tested multiple times a day and now they are coming down with COVID -19. Trump and Pence are tested daily. They have a test plan for themselves but not for you and yours. Stay in.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
By saying he failed, sure I can agree with that in a sense. It's a no win situation ultimately. No one is perfect and everyone is human and he faced/is facing a terribly complex and dire situation.One can argue if someone else would have done slightly better or slightly worse. I'm not sure how much one man can be held responsible for such an uncontrollable/unprecedented situation. I simply think he is genuinely trying to do his best by the American people. I just get really fed up with the he can never do anything right crowd because of how obviously false it is.
I'll conceed to you the point that maybe he did try his best. I mean, the man is woefully incompetent and has surrounded himself with nearly as incompetent sycophants, so maybe they really did try and fail this miserably.

So I'll ask you this: In a time of crisis, shouldn't the President of the United States be rising above the noise and unifying the nation? And isn't that just so incredibly easy to do? All he has to do is stick to some blanket messaging about pulling together and helping your neighbor, we're all in this together, etc. Are you upset that he not only refuses to do that, he actually engages in & encourages division?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I've been assuming at least through the end of 2020, and probably more accurately, well into 2021. Sucks.

I don't why but I saw from the start that this wasn't gonna be a short term thing.

I had arguments with people at work when I told then they were to close way before any of them caught on. We stopped work on the 14th of March, none of them had still caught on , yes, I said NONE. They laughed at me. 2 weeks after we closed a co-worker called me asking if I thought we'd be opening up in two weeks. I just had to laugh and tell him I'd be surprised if we ever opened up again. \

I don't know how long this is gonna take, I live in the most highly effected Province in Canada, I'm not in hurry to get back to anything.

My wife , who is a health care worker is also at home , she can't be exposed to all this as she has a compromised immune system do to losing her spleen several years ago. I'm not , nor is she , in a hurry for her to get back to work either. If people want to roll the dice , have at it, not me.

This is gonna take a long time , the fallout, both economically and heath wise is going to be large, the only way this comes to and end is either a cure or a vaccine, this will take time. I'll sit back and wait. As you age you lose patience in some areas (people who are to stupid to see) and you gain it in others (the patience to wait this out).

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Trying to talk sense to Trump supporters is useless. They are all brainwashed into believing he is doing a good job as President. Reminds me of the Nazi party in the 1930’s.

There is no hope for those who still think he is doing a good job. Zero. I will never understand it. Drink the Kool-Aid should be his slogan. Covid19 was a chance to show some humanity but he can't even do that.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Sadly NJ is reporting today, 13 cases of kids with Kawasaki-like disease, from Coronavirus.

I hope Governor Murphy stays on course with his plan to slowly open and keep us in lockdown until June. With the data from South Korea that shows that after they opened there nightlife, they now have cases increasing and data from our own country where knucklehead Governors listen to Trump and now the data shows increased cases with some places real bad, we should stop and gather these facts and proceed much slower than Trump wants.

NJ hospitals report 13 cases of children's inflammatory disease linked to coronavirus

Don't listen to Trump. IMO, He doesnt care about people's lives; he cares about himself.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

member 96824

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...id-19-pandemic-heres-why-our-approach-worked/

mission_accomplish_1112950c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad