OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConcordGrapes

Nov 14, 2006
You can argue whether or not the travel bans were effective or not. It's clear that they weren't. However it completely undermines and exposes the "Trump did nothing" narrative. We can literally look at calendars and timelines and see how quickly he acted and what he did. Your agendas become so apparent when whatever he actually did do isn't good enough/late but then is still accused of doing nothing. Not only that a lot of people around here are giving full passes to the WHO saying they were fully transparent and didn't do anything wrong. You simply can't have that line of reasoning while holding Trump to the standard a lot of people are.

Cat is out of the bag and 5 blocks down with this virus. It's simply a matter of how much permanent damage and suffering and other mass losses of life we want to contribute before admitting it. Unavoidably 370k-550k will die because of how easy it spreads and that no vaccine will be coming anytime soon enough for it to be taken into the equation. They just don't want to tell you yet. These are the hard truths. Nothing you can do is saving anyone else. There is no imagined moral high ground. If someone wants to quarantine let them. Give them all the government support you can. Especially the vulnerable, sick, old so they have the support system to not be pressured into going to work or exposing themselves. Screw this 2k for everyone nonsense. Put it where it's actually needed. However for a vast majority of the population this disease is no threat and we could be well on our way to herd immunity right now. And if your argument is there is no herd immunity for this (which science says you;re wrong again) then it only reiforces the idea of exposure because then we actually have no choice.
Outstanding post

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
You know as much as I hate Nancy Pelosi I would never wish Covid on her on anyone from the left, well maybe Hillary only because she would have it knocked off before it could get to her.

Things like this and the scorn I take for trying to support the most undermined president in history.

Check your compasses, you know this isn't who you are.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Outstanding post

Why is that? He merely argued semantics. When people say trump did nothing, they're saying trump was slow to react, even slower to acknowledge it was a real problem, and at best his decisions have been largely ineffective and at worst they've been flat out irresponsible, costing countless lives.

But yeah, outstanding...

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-5-8_21-51-12.png

Sweet Tomatoes to stay closed for good, report says

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
You know as much as I hate Nancy Pelosi I would never wish Covid on her on anyone from the left, well maybe Hillary only because she would have it knocked off before it could get to her.

Things like this and the scorn I take for trying to support the most undermined president in history.

You can’t be serious

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

When the idol you bend to actually has a compass then maybe you lecture others.

otherwise what a load of horseshit.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Absolutely, he's been under fire and undermined even during his campaign.

He's come straight from a fruitless attempt at his seat that we are finding out was all a sham.

The documents are there, it's not good, process crimes, just the tip.

I could drop probably 20 quotes right from Donalds lips that would get me fired from a paper delivery route, but he holds the highest public office in the US.

There's some very solid reasons why he was/is "under fire".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad