OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm not gonna argue your point with you Alicat, because I like you.

But, if someone DID want to argue with you, they might ask "Are people on the tee really going to be standing within 6 feet from your mother? And if truly so, wouldn't it make more sense for your mother to move 2-3 feet within her backyard so the residents of the city could have an activity that resembles normal? This person might ask whether people who are at particularly high risk ought to take extra precautions themselves rather than extending the restrictive social rules we already have in place just to make an incredibly unlikely event become a sliver of a hair more incredibly unlikely.

Personally, I think of my deceased grandmother who used to take me driving in her Titanic-sized car when she was 85 years old. She drove 15-20 mph below the speed limit, put everyone around her at risk with poor eyesight and glacier-slow reaction times, and was rattled by people passing her at the speed limit. Now, should those people slow down to match her pace so as to not run the risk of alarming her and increasing her chance to make a mistake that could hurt her, or people around her, or should she maybe consider whether it's still safe for her to be driving? Maybe take the bus, or get a ride from her son (my Dad, lol).

But again, I like you Alicat, so I would never try to fashion that argument.
Rolls eyes.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Trump's puppet at work.

Does the guy even want to get re-elected?

They’ve sure got their base all worked up, but they lose more and more swing votes by the day. They’re already up against a Democratic base that almost inevitably is going to be far more active at the polls this time around.

Not that I’m complaining. I sure wish people didn’t have to die to seal Trump’s political fate.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I'm not gonna argue your point with you Alicat, because I like you.

But, if someone DID want to argue with you, they might ask "Are people on the tee really going to be standing within 6 feet from your mother? And if truly so, wouldn't it make more sense for your mother to move 2-3 feet within her backyard so the residents of the city could have an activity that resembles normal? This person might ask whether people who are at particularly high risk ought to take extra precautions themselves rather than extending the restrictive social rules we already have in place just to make an incredibly unlikely event become a sliver of a hair more incredibly unlikely.

Personally, I think of my deceased grandmother who used to take me driving in her Titanic-sized car when she was 85 years old. She drove 15-20 mph below the speed limit, put everyone around her at risk with poor eyesight and glacier-slow reaction times, and was rattled by people passing her at the speed limit. Now, should those people slow down to match her pace so as to not run the risk of alarming her and increasing her chance to make a mistake that could hurt her, or people around her, or should she maybe consider whether it's still safe for her to be driving? Maybe take the bus, or get a ride from her son (my Dad, lol).

But again, I like you Alicat, so I would never try to fashion that argument.
It’s always easy to say that others need to sacrifice things.

Reactions: bp13

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
Regarding golf, I live near the Tri-State area of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. RI courses are closed to everyone that is not a state resident, Connecticut courses are open with restrictions and are getting a lot of business from people crossing the border. No congregating in parking lots, 1 person to a cart unless you live in the same household, flag is always in no matter what to prevent everyone from touching it and spreading germs to one another.

The 2 Connecticut courses that are 10 minutes away from my house are jammed packed with players at the moment. If Massachusetts implements the same standards as Conn. I don't see any reason not to open the courses.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Isn’t it bananas?

I wasn’t around and admittedly haven’t done my reading but was AIDS and other outbreaks so political?

Real Americans are dying and people want to check the voter registration card and their favorite cable news channel before they judge if they should care or not.
I did not intent to refer neither to november election nor to registration card. Sorry if i hurt you. Didn’t meant to. Did not want to disrespect real americains dying nor any human lost anywhere on the planet.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Does the guy even want to get re-elected?

They’ve sure got their base all worked up, but they lose more and more swing votes by the day. They’re already up against a Democratic base that almost inevitably is going to be far more active at the polls this time around.

Not that I’m complaining. I sure wish people didn’t have to die to seal Trump’s political fate.
He certainly doesn't want to be fired. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Regarding golf, I live near the Tri-State area of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. RI courses are closed to everyone that is not a state resident, Connecticut courses are open with restrictions and are getting a lot of business from people crossing the border. No congregating in parking lots, 1 person to a cart unless you live in the same household, flag is always in no matter what to prevent everyone from touching it and spreading germs to one another.

The 2 Connecticut courses that are 10 minutes away from my house are jammed packed with players at the moment. If Massachusetts implements the same standards as Conn. I don't see any reason not to open the courses.
I support opening the courses with the exception of those in the city.

For me to feel comfortable with the city courses to open I would need to see stringent guidelines in place: limited daily slots, no carts, no alcohol and they would also need to have patrols at night to curb the drinking that goes on at night.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
If the average person saw how meat is processed we would be a nation of vegetarians. In 6th Grade we went to the old Colonial plant in Dorchester and saw how hot dogs were made.................. it wasn't pretty.

Just got my Shipt delivery with about 3 weeks of food this afternoon. Sufficient meat, luckily enough - I always have my fingers crossed, hoping that they get the important items, and that I don't have just 2 boxes of Lorna Doones and a bag of Tostitos. So far, they've been very godo.

As far as how meat is made, we have Sir Paul to thank for this classic clip:

EDIT: I would like to publicly apologize for not finding a clip that has the classic line "When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University". I will not be taking questions at this time.

Last edited:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Watching a goose chase a golfer is absolutely hilarious
Seen them described as cobra chickens before. Sounded about right lol.

Had to putt around a wild turkey here once. Also had a bit of an attitude problem that fellow

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I did not intent to refer neither to november election nor to registration card. Sorry if i hurt you. Didn’t meant to. Did not want to disrespect real americains dying nor any human lost anywhere on the planet.
You're missing the point...he's agreeing with you.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Just got my Shipt delivery with about 3 weeks of food this afternoon. Sufficient meat, luckily enough - I always have my fingers crossed, hoping that they get the important items, and that I don't have just 2 boxes of Lorna Doones and a bag of Tostitos. So far, they've been very godo.

As far as how meat is made, we have Sir Paul to thank for this classic clip:

When I grow up I'm going to Bovine University

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Seen them described as cobra chickens before. Sounded about right lol.

Had to putt around a wild turkey here once. Also had a bit of an attitude problem that fellow
Cobra chicken is an accurate description. My dad used to walk from each tee with his 9 iron in his hand just in case one attacked.

Turkey's around here have quite the attitude but on the course they aren't really around because of the coyotes.

Reactions: easton117

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Cobra chicken is an accurate description. My dad used to walk from each tee with his 9 iron in his hand just in case one attacked.

Turkey's around here have quite the attitude but on the course they aren't really around because of the coyotes.
In fairness, if someone was whistling golf balls around my kids head I might have a bit of an attitude myself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad