Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

MASSACHUSETTS DASHBOARD

This is a trying time for all of us no matter where you live.

Right now politics should be set aside. We all have government leaders at the Federal and State/Provincial levels telling us what we must do to get through this.

Adhere to the rules below regarding discussion that is political in nature or you will be warned and permanently removed from this series of threads.

Considering we are relaxing forum rules regarding political discussion, what steps "over the line" is completely at the discretion of the moderation team. Examples of what constitutes appropriate discourse are listed below. When in doubt, don't post it.

UPDATED 4/30 - Compounding this is the Boston area and Massachusetts have been hit harder than most areas and local media and local officials have been blunt over the mixed signals coming from Washington.

One thing is clear - Boston and Massachusetts will be among the last areas to even attempt a reopening.

Do not wish harm or infection on members of the public, including the press, be it an individual or network/outlet/newspaper, etc.

It is becoming apparent that threadbans/infractions aren't enough for some people. The next step is a forum ban until hockey season starts.
We are going to follow similar rules for this thread that exist in the COVID-19 forum.

You may critique the response of government but don't make it political.

Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Examples:

Allowed: "Trump doesn't know what he's doing, the response was too little too late"

Not Allowed: "The only reason the response was so slow was to keep the stock prices high so he can get reelected"

Allowed: "The media is over-reporting this and it's going to make things worse"

Not Allowed: "The liberal media is over-reporting this because they're trying to bring down Trump"

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Please add a link to any news story

Continued from

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/all-things-coronavirus-covid-19-part-xi-mod-advisory-post-1.2758007/page-29#post-171975785

Coronavirus Dashboard

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

STAT Coronavirus Coverage — STAT

89623758_10220250846634048_664307170107457536_n-jpg.338111

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Lightfoot can see baseball returning to Chicago this summer, but without fans

Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Monday she can envision the Cubs and her beloved White Sox playing baseball at Wrigley and Guaranteed Rate Fields sometime this summer. But, it’s likely to be an eerie, lonely, made-for-television affair.

A Sox season ticket holder, Lightfoot said a decision on when and how baseball will return will be made “at the league level” — not by individual team owners nor by the governors and mayors of individual states and cities.

But she acknowledged having “ongoing conversations” with the owners of both teams about “what that might look like.”

“We’re obviously a ways away from that because we haven’t seen the level of cases decline on a consistent basis. We’re still seeing them rise,” the mayor said.

“But can I envision a world where baseball might return to Chicago this summer? Yes. Is it likely to be without fans? Probably.”

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So his not coronavirus briefing is just a coronavirus briefing, but with nobody there to reign him in or contradict him in any way? Makes sense...

Reactions: Ladyfan

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
So his not coronavirus briefing is just a coronavirus briefing, but with nobody there to reign him in or contradict him in any way? Makes sense...

If he can keep his yap shut from here in it was informative and well presented.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

The guest speakers? Maybe so. Him reiterating his claims that have already been proven false is not informative though. It's dogmatic marketing that he hopes if he says often enough, people will believe. It doesn't make it true at all though.

Reactions: Ladyfan and hrdpuk

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
The guest speakers? Maybe so. Him reiterating his claims that have already been proven false is not informative though. It's dogmatic marketing that he hopes if he says often enough, people will believe. It doesn't make it true at all though.

I must have my filters on, I just heard a bunch of positive thoughts and some accolades for others?

Oh no, here he is again!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Nope. He just read off a name of large corporations like Labcorp, Rite aid and others.

Said there is no problem with testing.

Brix is up now reading off the core elements of testing plans which are great but you need tests that work to implement said plan.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My apartment complex sent an email out to all residents this afternoon regarding emergency work orders and this was included.

"It is crucial that residents disclose to us if there has been a person in the unit who has tested positive for Covid-19 anytime in the two weeks leading up to our entering. This disclosure must take place PRIOR to us entering the unit, as we have had instances where residents have waited until after we entered the home to disclose a positive result, which puts the maintenance workers, any residents that those workers came in contact with, their coworkers and their families at ris
k"

People like this really suck.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
My apartment complex sent an email out to all residents this afternoon regarding emergency work orders and this was included.

"It is crucial that residents disclose to us if there has been a person in the unit who has tested positive for Covid-19 anytime in the two weeks leading up to our entering. This disclosure must take place PRIOR to us entering the unit, as we have had instances where residents have waited until after we entered the home to disclose a positive result, which puts the maintenance workers, any residents that those workers came in contact with, their coworkers and their families at ris
k"

People like this really suck.

Holy crap that's irresponsible! Just goes to show why you have to assume EVERYONE has it - because inconsiderate jerks won't tell you if they've had it.

My furnace boofed on Thursday, and I finally got a second person who fixed it today. Didn't like having two people over at separate times after being hermetically sealed off from the world, but with the weather this week, it had to be done...which is strange to say in late April. He had a mask and gloves - he was as afraid of me as I was of him, which actually is a good thing. Fortunately, my furnace can be entered directly through the garage, so as long as he didn't feel the urge to lick my car, it should all be good. I don't really enter the furnace room anyway.

But honestly, if I'd had COVID, I'd just suck it up and get bundled under the covers in my 55 degree house. Or at the very least tell them, and supply them with any Purell/soap/wipes I had. I'm just thankful for the folks who are out there still working the critical jobs - it can't be fun. For 90% of them, risking life and health is NOT what they signed up for.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I must have my filters on, I just heard a bunch of positive thoughts and some accolades for others?

Oh no, here he is again!

Again, not talking about his guest speakers. Was talking about him misusing the total number of tests done instead of looking at the percentage of people tested overall. It's misleading and providing the idiots of this country a false sense of security. In reality, the percentage of people tested here versus in South Korea, Italy, Germany, etc is all well below what those countries have done. It's statistics 101. Take a number that you can spin favorably and ignore the actual truth.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Holy crap that's irresponsible! Just goes to show why you have to assume EVERYONE has it - because inconsiderate jerks won't tell you if they've had it.

My furnace boofed on Thursday, and I finally got a second person who fixed it today. Didn't like having two people over at separate times after being hermetically sealed off from the world, but with the weather this week, it had to be done...which is strange to say in late April. He had a mask and gloves - he was as afraid of me as I was of him, which actually is a good thing. Fortunately, my furnace can be entered directly through the garage, so as long as he didn't feel the urge to lick my car, it should all be good. I don't really enter the furnace room anyway.

But honestly, if I'd had COVID, I'd just suck it up and get bundled under the covers in my 55 degree house. Or at the very least tell them, and supply them with any Purell/soap/wipes I had. I'm just thankful for the folks who are out there still working the critical jobs - it can't be fun. For 90% of them, risking life and health is NOT what they signed up for.
The only thing I'll call these guys for is if there is no hot water or a flood of some kind. I can add extra layers if the heat goes out. If the power goes out, I can go to my mom's if need be.

After all these weeks you would think that people would get how important it is to tell someone if you've got the virus or been around someone who has. I wouldn't be shocked if the complex decides to go after the tenant if the worker gets sick.

I feel so bad for the guys because many have young families.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Again, not talking about his guest speakers. Was talking about him misusing the total number of tests done instead of looking at the percentage of people tested overall. It's misleading and providing the idiots of this country a false sense of security. In reality, the percentage of people tested here versus in South Korea, Italy, Germany, etc is all well below what those countries have done. It's statistics 101. Take a number that you can spin favorably and ignore the actual truth.

And he ended with Pence talking about exactly those numbers and how we are preparing to eclipse them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad