OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If there was a huge pandemic of deaths from diabetes and Canada was perilously low on insulin would they be cool with a Canadian company shipping it to America instead of their own citizens? Trudeau would be down w dat?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The disturbing pattern emerging is the POTUS listens to Jared over far more qualified experts in the medical field.

Jared Kushner got his start as Somerville landlord - The Boston Globe

View attachment 340477

The POTUS said “doctors would shut down everything if they could” while being advised of the grave danger of this virus by medical experts.

If the people who actually know what they’re doing don’t serve his monetary priorities, he doesn’t care.

I can feel us coming out of that swamp any day now...

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
If there was a huge pandemic of deaths diabetes and Canada was perilously low on insulin would they be cool with a Canadian company shipping it to America instead of their own citizens? Trudeau would be down w dat?
I would hope he would work with the US to find a solution not just cut them off. Like you know grown men

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Taking on big corporations???

seriously

Twice as many companies paying zero taxes under Trump tax bill

One consequence is that the federal government may collect hundreds of billions of dollars less over the coming decade than previously projected. The budget deficit has jumped more than 50 percent since Mr. Trump took office and is expected to top $1 trillion in 2020, partly as a result of the tax law.

I can’t believe somebody made that argument

I do not understand what they could possibly be watching.

goes back to my point about society being too stupid for democracy these days.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So I thought the right side of the aisle was all about yielding to the lower-level officials (i.e. local before state, state before federal) over these kinds of decisions.

So far, the federal government has been seizing supplies ordered by state governments. And now we have state governments telling local governments what they can and can’t do.

only when it’s convenient for them, they've had no problem telling people they can’t get married (for religious reasons at that, who cares about the separation of church and state)

At the end of the day it comes down to money and god for a lot of them. And those are or can be important things- just not at the expense of treating humans like dirt

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I can’t believe somebody made that argument

I do not understand what they could possibly be watching.

goes back to my point about society being too stupid for democracy these days. That’s how you end up with a cartoon president presiding over a pandemic.

All you have to do is say you’re a “Christian”, wave a flag, and call the other guys “commies” and you instantly win ~40% of the population. Doesn’t actually matter what you do because you just get your base relentlessly fearful of the other side, and have no checks and balances on yourself.

The guy literally said, word for word: “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

He’s got a bunch of sheep and he knows it.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Canadian leadership Justin Trudeau is not that petty or vindictive as trump

True, but if Trump pulls this stunt again, Trudeau will be all but forced to retaliate or lose what little credibility he has left.

Reactions: lopey

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
All you have to do is say you’re a “Christian”, wave a flag, and call the other guys “commies” and you instantly win ~40% of the population. Doesn’t actually matter what you do because you just get your base relentlessly fearful of the other side, and have no checks and balances on yourself.

The guy literally said, word for word: “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

He’s got a bunch of sheep and he knows it.

Every Republican gets 56 pct of the Christian vote normally. Problem was the trash that ran against him. If only there weren’t two of the most unworthy presidential candidates ever running in the same election things may have been different.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Agreed.
as well as a Federal dept that supposed to be that backstop for all states.
(even though they wordsmithed their scope yesterday after Kushner/Trump were called out on it)

That can be googled to.

https://www.phe.gov/about/sns/Pages/default.aspx

Kushner called out governors for lack of planning, especially ventilator. Back in February how could
FEMA not have contacted all governors and asked them
to inventory respirators seeing how they maintained a
National stockpile?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
“I don’t blame them, they can push back if they want”

Basically daring Canada to do something. Well if they do the lives lost are on Donald, not Canada. I want that to be very clear.

he keeps the masks here, lives are lost. He send them to Canada, lives are lost, he sends some to China, lives are lost...

this is just a nightmare, no matter what anyone does..

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
he keeps the masks here, lives are lost. He send them to Canada, lives are lost, he sends some to China, lives are lost...

this is just a nightmare, no matter what anyone does..

correct, it does suck. Tough spot. Too bad we can’t act like we are an independent nation but that’s the reality of the situation. We are fully dependent on other nations. Not sending some masks to Canada could result in both American AND Canadian lives being lost, plus you piss off an ally. In my opinion that’s worse than helping out an ally who helps us out.

I mean they basically told states that they should be on their own and then started seizing states shipments while sending rotted masks from the federal stock down south. It’s a complete debacle on their end. Botch job after botch job and it started months ago. I’m kinda fed up tbh.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
When this is said and done any politician or part of any staff regardless of party that capitalizes via inside info should be locked up.

For years. And stripped of their ill gotten gains.
I still say they should have to use their money to buy a giant rubber chicken. That’s tied to their ankles. Forever.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The passive aggressiveness is lame after dealing with our bully the past 3.5 years. He needed to lay him out

If Trudeau was a hockey team he would be the Toronto Maple Leafs. Looks really good but is very soft.

Reactions: lopey

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
correct, it does suck. Tough spot. Too bad we can’t act like we are an independent nation but that’s the reality of the situation. We are fully dependent on other nations. Not sending some masks to Canada could result in both American AND Canadian lives being lost, plus you piss off an ally. In my opinion that’s worse than helping out an ally

dignity isn’t something this guy possesses. I just understand why he did it, doesn’t make it right but these aren’t normal times were living in right now.

I love Canada, spent my honeymoon in Quebec City, been to Montreal 5 Or 6 times, been to PEI, Nova Scotia...hoping we don’t hurt our relationship with them.

just hoping this ends soon...

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad