OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
dignity isn’t something this guy possesses. I just understand why he did it, doesn’t make it right but these aren’t normal times were living in right now.

I love Canada, spent my honeymoon in Quebec City, been to Montreal 5 Or 6 times, been to PEI, Nova Scotia...hoping we don’t hurt our relationship with them.

just hoping this ends soon...
To make those masks they need raw materials fromCANADA. DOES HE UNDERSTAND THST

member 96824

I don’t see anything wrong with 3M providing masks to those who need it. No problem with them not turning their business into a charity either. They’re a business.

If you think the MyPillow guy is manufacturing and getting on his knees at the White House for free, life’s going to be very tough for you.

It’s not a strawman that a stoppage could end up with a worldwide shortage. It literally happened...TO 3M! China took over manufacturing and halted all exports in Feb..see how we ended up scrambling? Imports of medical supplies plummet as demand in US soars

Call me when someone stands up to Lockheed...

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
dignity isn’t something this guy possesses. I just understand why he did it, doesn’t make it right but these aren’t normal times were living in right now.

I love Canada, spent my honeymoon in Quebec City, been to Montreal 5 Or 6 times, been to PEI, Nova Scotia...hoping we don’t hurt our relationship with them.

To make those masks they need raw materials fromCANADA. DOES HE UNDERSTAND THAt

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I get the reasoning behind it too- it’s America first and that’s basically what he ran on. And it’s a platform I can get behind for any leader of this country....but it’s also important to realize that we aren’t independent from the rest of the world and doing something like restricting some PPE from going to an ally (who helps supply materials for said equipment) could end up hurting us more than helping us.

it’s like he thinks its as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 when in reality we are dealing with advanced calculus

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I cannot stand the current admin nor did I vote for them, but a lot of people are acting shocked about how politics work. This is it. Cut throat. Ruthless. Disgusting. Been this way for 244 years now. We notice it now because we have a front row seat. It’s affecting us in a tangible way now and can see it clear as day. Sadly it’s business as usual, so hopefully people will pay more attention politically from their hometown elections on up and try to do our best to put the least horrible person in office the next time

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I cannot stand the current admin nor did I vote for them, but a lot of people are acting shocked about how politics work. This is it. Cut throat. Ruthless. Disgusting. Been this way for 244 years now. We notice it now because we have a front row seat. It’s affecting us in a tangible way now and can see it clear as day. Sadly it’s business as usual, so hopefully people will pay more attention politically from their hometown elections on up and try to do our best to put the least horrible person in office the next time

the difference IMO is Trump just tells it to you the way he see’s it with no filters as opposed to seasoned politicians who make it sound nice even if it’s bullshit..

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I get the reasoning behind it too- it’s America first and that’s basically what he ran on. And it’s a platform I can get behind for any leader of this country....but it’s also important to realize that we aren’t independent from the rest of the world and doing something like restricting some PPE from going to an ally (who helps supply materials for said equipment) could end up hurting us more than helping us.

it’s like he thinks its as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 when in reality we are dealing with advanced calculus

I agree, but this current situation is something most seasoned politicians would have a hard time dealing with, let alone a guy who isn’t.

once this is over, you’ll see states, cities and towns do things a lot different, because hoping the federal government is going to save you isn’t a good plan.

Reactions: CDJ and lopey

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
the difference IMO is Trump just tells it to you the way he see’s it with no filters as opposed to seasoned politicians who make it sound nice even if it’s bullshit..

Trump does filter though. He plays the same, if not more, political games to get votes than anyone else. If he was being honest, he would let everyone know that he’s as much in any corporation’s pockets as anyone who came before him.

Still trying to figure out how electing a rich, narcissistic, power driven private sector individual is the way to drain the “swamp” made up of bought out politicians. He’s the personification of everything he said he was trying to get rid of.

Getting manufacturing jobs back to the United States would pinch the bottom lines of nearly every corporation and weigh heavily on the stock market. Given how much Donald Trump touts the stock market as a sign of his great economy, how in the world do you think he actually has any interest in doing what he claims to be doing?

He creates these sideshows by being in constant attack mode against the others so his base just stays mad at them and doesn’t bother fact checking him.

It’s anything but honest.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I agree, but this current situation is something most seasoned politicians would have a hard time dealing with, let alone a guy who isn’t.

once this is over, you’ll see states, cities and towns do things a lot different, because hoping the federal government is going to save you isn’t a good plan.

totally agree, I think lessons have been learned. Sucks it had to be done the hard way but I can guarantee we’re gonna be more prepped next time this happens

Or at least one would hope lol

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Trump and the government actually did Boston a favor

Boston’s Logan Airport not receiving flights from mainland China - The Boston Globe

Boston’s Logan International Airport is not currently receiving flights from mainland China, and the risk of contracting the new coronavirus in Massachusetts remains “extremely low," Governor Charlie Baker said Monday.

Baker said the airport stopped receiving the flights on Sunday. Federal authorities are diverting the flights to 11 other US airports.

Logan is still receiving flights from Hong Kong, Baker said. If a passenger is thought to have symptoms of coronavirus, they will be screened, he said.
“Mainland China is where most of the concern is coming from,” Baker said.

That was February 3rd

The direct flights from China to Boston were diverted to New York and Detroit which are currently in far worse shape than we are....for now

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
correct, it does suck. Tough spot. Too bad we can’t act like we are an independent nation but that’s the reality of the situation. We are fully dependent on other nations. Not sending some masks to Canada could result in both American AND Canadian lives being lost, plus you piss off an ally. In my opinion that’s worse than helping out an ally who helps us out.

I mean they basically told states that they should be on their own and then started seizing states shipments while sending rotted masks from the federal stock down south. It’s a complete debacle on their end. Botch job after botch job and it started months ago. I’m kinda fed up tbh.

That's a world problem: China alone is responsible by over 90% of all medical insume (low cost manufacturing). This week, health minister of my country said "it's a problem we need to solve when this pandemic is over".

I was reading earlier this morning that France, Germany and Brazil were complaining the way USA is acting. We learned earlier this week, Brazil will send air force cargo planes to guarantee we get 12 thousand ventilators. So will every single country send their cargo planes to China from now on? That's absurdity.

So, yeah, this 3M mask situation is just the tip of the iceberg.

Reactions: CDJ

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Every Republican gets 56 pct of the Christian vote normally. Problem was the trash that ran against him. If only there weren’t two of the most unworthy presidential candidates ever running in the same election things may have been different.

Its much higher down south where he aggregates his
EC base.

Remember the EC is the only reason we have Trump
as President.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad