Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Emergency Alert for Ontario.

Everyone but essential workers need to stay home.
Go out only if absolutely necessary to pick up groceries, prescriptions or to go to medical appointment.

The government cracked down on Home Depot, Lowes type stores because people are so stupid they are flocking to get solar lights and lawn fertilizer. Now they have curbside pick-up only starting today. Honestly, people are so stupid.

In good news, Waterloo Region had only one new case yesterday. The bar graph definitely shows a flattening here in the last few days. It works, if only idiots would just STFU, stay in their houses or on their properties, it would get better much quicker.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This article in today's Washington Post is a brutal read

The U.S. was beset by denial and dysfunction as the coronavirus raged | Boston.com

Other officials have emerged during the crisis to help right the United States’ course, and at times the statements of the president. But even as Fauci, Azar and others sought to assert themselves, Trump was behind the scenes turning to others with no credentials, experience or discernible insight in navigating a pandemic.

Foremost among them was his adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner. A team reporting to Kushner commandeered space on the seventh floor of the HHS building to pursue a series of inchoate initiatives.

One plan involved having Google create a website to direct those with symptoms to testing facilities that were supposed to spring up in Walmart parking lots across the country, but which never materialized. Another centered an idea advanced by Oracle Chairman Larry Ellison to use software to monitor the unproven use of anti-malaria drugs against the coronavirus pathogen.

So far, the plans have failed to come close to delivering on the promises made when they were touted in White House news conferences. The Kushner initiatives have, however, often interrupted the work of those under immense pressure to manage the U.S. response.

Current and former officials said that Kadlec, Fauci, Redfield and others have repeatedly had to divert their attentions from core operations to contend with ill-conceived requests from the White House they don’t believe they can ignore. And Azar, who once ran the response, has since been sidelined, with his agency disempowered in decision-making and his performance pilloried by a range of White House officials, including Kushner.

“Right now Fauci is trying to roll out the most ambitious clinical trial ever implemented” to hasten the development of a vaccine, said a former senior administration official in frequent touch with former colleagues. And yet, the nation’s top health officials “are getting calls from the White House or Jared’s team asking, ‘Wouldn’t it be nice to do this with Oracle?’ ”

It’s amazing that so many average people continue to stay convinced that this guy is working for the average American.

They buy completely into the image and branding and don’t read between the lines at all.

If you haven’t caught onto the sham by now, you never will.

Last edited:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Went to a couple of places looking for gloves.. They were all donated. That's great, but the rest of us are gloveless.

when I get the f***ing virus, they can use said gloves to test me.

sorry, hate to rant but f***

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I agree completely. I always thought ours meant just mine or specific in general but the President and Jared said it means everyone. Total Fail.
what the trumps mean is they will control who gets the necessary help and equipment. If your state doesn't support him then nothing for you . The USA is no longer united

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Trump putting 3M in their place. Taking on the big corporations for the American people.
Corporations aren’t the answer or the enemy, the federal government under this administration proves daily that it wasn’t and isn’t prepared or capable of addressing this crisis. They could produce whatever they wanted whenever they wanted - but instead they’ve been rolling our corporate heads to heap bullshit praise and put lipstick on the pig leading the daily press conferences.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
the stanley cup was created for the champion of Canada... it was intended to be a challange cup awarded to the top amateur team

eventually as things became more organized/professional... the NHL somehow 'stole' the cup

it's up to them now at this point who they give the championship too

playoffs are a huge money maker to the owners... and they control the nhl… I don't see them cheapening the cup in the eyes of the fans by awarding the cup to a team that didn't go through the playoff process.

bruins deserve the president's trophy if the season were to stop now... its the award that goes to the league's top regular season team.

honestly, coming back and 'finishing' this season after a 2-3 month layoff seams a little silly to me. it isnt going to 'feel' like we are playing the 'same' season. I hate being denied my favorite sport and its a real bummer that my favorite team looked like a strong possibility for playoff success... but if they can't resume the season and get the playoffs finished by the end of July at the latest, I think the smart move is to just cancel the cup award for this year.

playing in front of empty arenas... and just dealing with the idea that a few players on each team might be too sick to play is fine with me though. give us people trapped at home some entertainment. the tv ratings will be through the roof and could definitely off-set some of the lost ticket revenues. the players get 1/2 of that tv revenues as part of their HRR so it might suck a little for them to risk exposure but they are the healthiest people on the planet. Its very likely they would just get some very normal flu-like symptons.

my suggestion... intentionally expose the players now... get their quarantine time/recovery time dealt with during april… plan to come back with the playoffs starting in may... just accept that there wont be a huge audience in the arena's {or maybe any audience at all}

I know some people will be horrified at the idea of the players being intentionally exposed/inoculated now but all this self-isolation crap simply postpones the inevitable. at some point we will all have to go through exposure. theres no 'cure' coming for over a year at the earliest and honestly how many cures have ever been created for any of these viruses in the past??? Virus exposure runs its natural course... people get sick to various degrees when they get exposed. Some people just never really get sick at all... and theres always been cases of some people getting super sick/even dying.

this current virus kills/spreads at an alarming rate and scares the shit out of us... I get that... but we are just going to have to suck it up and realize theres nothing we can do about it. All this behavior modification they tell us to do on the news just prolongs the inevitable dealing with the devil that will eventually come.

{I do get that its easier for the health care system to deal with those sick if we spread out when those people get sick... limit some this month... accept there will be more next month... more next month... but keep it from being too many in a single month}

We really need a better solution for dealing with this world shut down though... going beyond the NHL, there is a world economy to worry about.

I see only 1 possible solution and its going to piss a lot of people off when I say this...

the goverment needs to establish 'expose camps'
think of this like... huge army base type setups... temporary tent cities isolated from the main public

then... all 'safe healthy types' need to go to one of these camps for a suitable period of time to get exposed and made inoculated.

the whole world will basically be shut down for the few weeks that is necessary to do this process... or break it down into 2-3 waves... but get the process done in a month if at all possible.

once we have a group of several million people in each country that have gone through this process, there will be workers enough to keep the world working as we wait for the 'cure' supposedly coming a year from now {or whenever}

sadly I see absolutely nothing in the news that anyone is even remotely considering this option... and it would take some time to setup and enforce. they should have been working on this weeks ago.

for the cup though... I wish it had never been stolen from what it was intended for. Its too bad that the NHL didnt create it's own trophy when they organized at the start.

Put this here because the response to the ending belongs here.

Take it as a compliment that I actually took the time to read that. Not because it’s at all offensive, but because I feel 3 or 4 days went by from when I started.

The expose camp is off the wall, but even outside of controversy, it doesn’t make sense. You would need to have massive facilities and you’d still lose people left and right. It kills young people at a far lower rate, but kills young people nonetheless. No one would accept that and they really don’t need to.

It’s far more efficient to push the first wave down, continue to make tests available, and keep the virus contained with said test and strict contact tracing.

If we actually can always be on top of this (tracing all contacts for every single patient that comes in), we should be able to make it through any sort of minimal second wave while getting to a vaccine.

The key is testing that’s readily accessible and able to be given to anyone.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
This would be funny if it weren’t so wrong and that hundreds of thousands were going to die because of it. Corporations aren’t the answer or the enemy, the federal government under this administration proves daily that it wasn’t and isn’t prepared or capable of addressing this crisis. They could produce whatever they wanted whenever they wanted.

Today's briefing may have been Trump's most embarrassing yet.

And that's saying something.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
we beat this to death earlier. Its shortsighted and in a vacuum.
If other nations follow and go tit for tat the US will lose.

Everyone crying about lack of supplies. Everyone crying about no DPA enaction. Then we address these issues and suddenly its backwards thinking. Please. If you want to convince yourself that exporting these supplies in vast quantities gets us more over time so be it, but it won't, especially in the short term when it matters most. No one is going to care about tit for tats effects months down the road. Countries should be following this model and addressing their own needs first. Just like the states. Federal government distributing ventilators as needed like they said. It's the same thing.

Reactions: smithformeragent

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
NY_NYP.jpg
Amazing that in 2020 Kushner and Kraft are running shadow pandemic response leadership behind and alongside official government channels. What a bat shit crazy ass country we’re living in

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Trump putting 3M in their place. Taking on the big corporations for the American people.
What would of really help the American people, would be Trump keeping all the medical supplies the US produced untill the last week of February, instead of exporting it to China.

Not trying to piss off their allies, which can stop exporting their meds that the US needs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Taking on big corporations???

seriously

Twice as many companies paying zero taxes under Trump tax bill

One consequence is that the federal government may collect hundreds of billions of dollars less over the coming decade than previously projected. The budget deficit has jumped more than 50 percent since Mr. Trump took office and is expected to top $1 trillion in 2020, partly as a result of the tax law.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Everyone crying about lack of supplies. Everyone crying about no DPA enaction. Then we address these issues and suddenly its backwards thinking. Please. If you want to convince yourself that exporting these supplies in vast quantities gets us more over time so be it, but it won't, especially in the short term when it matters most. No one is going to care about tit for tats effects months down the road. Countries should be following this model and addressing their own needs first. Just like the states. Federal government distributing ventilators as needed like they said. It's the same thing.
You are disqualified everything going forward after that insane Trump is taking on corporations

embarrassing

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

We..
Everyone..

ok.

go back and was stated earlier . How business is actually done.
Fact - US imports more life savings drugs than any other country.
No one will care if France or Germany decides to return the favor?

Yo know anyone of the 7.5 million Americans that need insulin daily?
You know of anyone with stage4 cancer that needs chemo?

The world isnt a vacuum.

But you believe what non factual fantasy you want to believe.
But what f*** do I know. My job is to direct logistics for big pharma for this stuff worldwide.

Just chartered a FedEx flight Boston to Dublin this morning to send 7 batches of Plaquenil Drug substance to start clinical there, Frankfurt and in Le Trait .
The same as we got in Brigham & Womans to treat our own that I got from Canada.
Canada! Where the stockpile is. Fact. My job was to get it here.

In the mean time the good old USA barely produces any drugs that it needs to keep its citizens alive.

So sure. Stick to those countries and millions of Americans sure as shit better pray they arent the vengeful type.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
One word: Globalization.

Reactions: sooshii
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad