OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part VII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
True, but if Trump pulls this stunt again, Trudeau will be all but forced to retaliate or lose what little credibility he has left.

I hope not. Canada needs to be in emotion control and negociate. I hope they will keep their cold head and find solution instead of retaliating witch would divide and create more problem then anything else.

This covid 19 needs concerted international actions to defend and overcome it, and we all need to help ourselves... no border, army and weapons were strong enough for this shit. Science, added with citizenship, rules respect, love and helping each other will help us pass thru this and overcome. This is not a US, Canadian, Spanish or Chinese thing.. it is worldwide, and everyone is concern.

Let’s stay strong, and cela va bien aller...

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Could it be that what Trump puts out for the public to hear and what he actually does are different things?
He can't be that ignorant can he?

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Could it be that what Trump puts out for the public to hear and what he actually does are different things?
Trump is a compulsive liar with zero ability to think strategically. He only reacts; he does not plan. He is a malignant narcissist whose primary desire is to make himself look good. Thus, what he says and what he does are rarely the same thing.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Come from Away? It was conceived and written by Canadians and began its life in Canada before becoming a Broadway hit. It’s a great musical—I’ve seen it twice.
The book that was written about Gander and 9/11 was fantastic. This play is on my bucket list to see.

Reactions: lopey and Estlin

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Trump is a compulsive liar with zero ability to think strategically. He only reacts; he does not plan. He is a malignant narcissist whose primary desire is to make himself look good. Thus, what he says and what he does are rarely the same thing.

Trump is a SALESMAN. Always has been and always will be.

Case in point

Some of your highest-earning salesmen make outrageous claims to sell the product and then the poor tech staff has to figure out if they can do it.

Reactions: Runner77

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Trump and the government actually did Boston a favor

Boston’s Logan Airport not receiving flights from mainland China - The Boston Globe

Boston’s Logan International Airport is not currently receiving flights from mainland China, and the risk of contracting the new coronavirus in Massachusetts remains “extremely low," Governor Charlie Baker said Monday.

Baker said the airport stopped receiving the flights on Sunday. Federal authorities are diverting the flights to 11 other US airports.

Logan is still receiving flights from Hong Kong, Baker said. If a passenger is thought to have symptoms of coronavirus, they will be screened, he said.
“Mainland China is where most of the concern is coming from,” Baker said.

That was February 3rd

The direct flights from China to Boston were diverted to New York and Detroit which are currently in far worse shape than we are....for now

Consolidating the flights into a few airports was indeed a good move...

...Not properly screening people that came in was not.

430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced

And his "ban" wasn't even really a ban.

US Citizens were exempt (as they should be), but they should've been tested/monitored and put into quarantine.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Consolidating the flights into a few airports was indeed a good move...

...Not properly screening people that came in was not.

430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced

And his "ban" wasn't even really a ban.

US Citizens were exempt (as they should be), but they should've been tested/monitored and put into quarantine.

@GabeTravels I have some good friends in Detroit and the thinking there is DTW became an incubator for this virus.

Reactions: Estlin

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Taking on big corporations???

seriously

Twice as many companies paying zero taxes under Trump tax bill

One consequence is that the federal government may collect hundreds of billions of dollars less over the coming decade than previously projected. The budget deficit has jumped more than 50 percent since Mr. Trump took office and is expected to top $1 trillion in 2020, partly as a result of the tax law.
This is a big truth that trump fans turn a blind eye to. He will cripple our kids and grandkids with debt.
for years.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You have to even ask ? In my 67 years I have NEVER seen a more ignorant person in the White House. I never liked trump but can't believe how terrible he is. Also Mitch M. and many others. They are SUPPOSED to be doing what is right for the people in the USA but are instead filling their pockets with OUR $$$ and being horrible.

trump is a spiteful, ignorant small minded man. He isn't even a good human. I am so sad at what he has done to my country. I hope we can repair this but not sure that it isn't already too late.

Swamp ??? no it is a sewer...a really vile smelly one. When we get a real president the White House will have to be bleached and fumigated to get out the stench .

This seriously depresses me.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
he keeps the masks here, lives are lost. He send them to Canada, lives are lost, he sends some to China, lives are lost...

this is just a nightmare, no matter what anyone does..
China is out of the equation, they are producing at full force and taking advantage of the demands by hijacking prices and selling to highest bidder... US and Canada sold them tons and tons of medical supplies at regular prices.

China should return the favor to those that help them with their shitty products.

It doesn't have to be one way or the other for US or Canada. It can be both, Canada doesn't need as much as the US. Pissing on your allies is a bad strategy. It's just common sense. Canada is just another state. It's that simple.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yes he is and more... but in the end someone will explain it in kids language for him to understand. Then he'll do what he does... peddling back to save face and make it seem he's being nice to his fanbase. You know... the usual BS.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Trump Says He Favors Unproven Drug Combination Over Ventilators

Now he's an MD.................but sure my company is doing rapid Clinical Study just for shits and giggles. I dont know how Fauci just doesnt punch him.

:huh:

On Friday, the federal government's top virologist, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci, specifically warned what further studies are needed to determine whether the drugs touted by the president will work against COVID-19

"We still need to do the definitive studies to determine whether any intervention, not just this one, is truly safe and effective," Fauci said during an appearance on Fox News.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
French officials said they were outbid at the last minute by unknown American buyers for a stock of masks on the tarmac of a Chinese airport. A German official said U.S. interests diverted 200,000 masks in Bangkok that the Berlin police had paid for.

“We consider it an act of modern piracy,” the interior minister of Berlin, Andreas Geisel, said in a statement. “That’s no way to deal with trans-Atlantic partners.”

And German officials previously said the Trump administration had attempted to persuade a local firm developing a possible coronavirus vaccine to move its research to the United States, where presumably any inoculation would be available first.

Perhaps in response to the threat of shortages, the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union, announced on March 19 that it was creating its first ever stockpile of medical equipment “to help E.U. countries in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic.”
Several E. U. countries have also passed new legislation banning the export of essential materials.

When the medical device company Mölnlycke Health Care, based in Gothenburg, Sweden, tried to send masks and rubber gloves several weeks ago to desperate hospitals in Italy and Spain from its central storage center in Lyon, France, it was blocked by France’s export ban.

“It’s very disturbing; nothing that is sent into France can be sent out of the country,” Richard Twomey, the chief executive of Mölnlycke Health Care, told the Swedish public broadcaster Sveriges Radio.

One French newspaper described the conflict between the Swedish producer and the French authorities as the “War of masks between Sweden and France.”
On Saturday, however, Sweden’s foreign minister, Ann Linde, said on Twitter that after pressure from Sweden, France had finally relented on the export restrictions on masks from Mölnlycke. It was “very important that the internal market works even in times of crisis!” she said.

Finland, ‘Prepper Nation of the Nordics,’ Isn’t Worried About Masks

Reactions: lopey

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Anybody who is desperate for hand sanitizers: Bathandbodyworks.com restocks a small supply of personal hand sanitizers early every morning. They also have some nice foaming hand soaps to make constant hand washing more bearable. They have a flat $5.99 shipping fee per order.

as a coupon shopper, I normally wouldn’t pay so much, but these are not normal times.

Reactions: Estlin and Ladyfan

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He Went to Jared

Heaven help us, we’re at the mercy of the Slim Suit crowd.

The Los Angeles Times reported that two months before the virus spread through Wuhan, the Trump administration halted a $200 million early-warning program to train scientists in China and elsewhere to deal with a pandemic. The name of the program? “PREDICT.”

It is said that nature abhors a vacuum, but this virus loves it.

At Thursday’s briefing, Rear Adm. John Polowczyk, who barely two weeks ago became the head of the administration’s supply-chain task force, added to the confusion when he defended the government’s decision to send the supplies governors are pleading for to the private sector first.

“I’m not here to disrupt a supply chain,” the admiral said.

Trump was elected to disrupt things. So disrupt.

The president seems oblivious to the fact that his own clown car of an administration bungled the priceless lead time we had to get ready for the pandemic.

With the death toll in this country soaring past 7,000, Trump is focused on the same thing he is always focused on: himself. He proudly told reporters Wednesday, “Did you know I was No. 1 on Facebook? I just found out I was No. 1 on Facebook. I thought that was very nice for whatever it means.” Our doom, perhaps?

Trump’s most defining qualities have been on display in this fight: He has been mercurial, vindictive, deceptive, narcissistic, blame-shifting and nepotistic.

At the Thursday briefing, the president brought out another wealthy, uninformed man-child who loves to play boss: Jared Kushner. Where’s our Mideast peace deal, dude? Surely Trump did not think giving Kushner a lead role would inspire confidence. This is the very same adviser who told his father-in-law early on that the virus was being overplayed by the press and also urged him to tout a Google website guiding people to testing sites that turned out to be, um, still under construction.

Opinion | He Went to Jared

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Trump administration ended pandemic early-warning program to detect coronaviruses

Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

The project, launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development in 2009, identified 1,200 different viruses that had the potential to erupt into pandemics, including more than 160 novel coronaviruses. The initiative, called PREDICT, also trained and supported staff in 60 foreign laboratories — including the Wuhan lab that identified SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad