OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IX - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Minnesota is reopening golf courses and other outdoor areas this weekend.

I go back and forth on this. On one hand, if my dad and I go out golfing it shouldn't make a lick of difference if we don't interact with other people. On the other hand, people are stupid.
I'm kind of in the same boat on some of this stuff. I want outdoor parks to remain open because I try to take my dog for a 4 mile walk everyday when the weather cooperates (it's help to keep us both sane). The main park I go to has about 12 miles of crisscrossing paths that are very open and easy to keep your distance from others, I find it much better than having to step out far into the street to pass someone on a sidewalk (especially with a pup that thinks everyone we pass is a potential new best friend). In short, it's a perfect place to walk in this environment & while respecting social distancing, as long as people aren't stupid.

Yet today I ran into idiots right at the entrance. Literally the only choke point in the entire place is right at the main entrance since there is a gate for maintenance trucks there. The parking lot is huge & massive since the park was a (very old) military base. Once inside, there is a big open grass area along the right-hand side of the entrance pathway. However, as I went to get in at lunch today, I was treated to two young families standing around talking to one another RIGHT AT THE GATE. Literally the only place they could be that much in the way, and that's where they decided to have their catch up chat. 4 adults, 5 kids, 2 dogs, standing 2 feet from the choke point laughing it up.

I would have said some choice words but the kids were probably 3 to 7 so I held my tongue, just (basically) yelled "Excuse me!" and blew past them. These morons are going to ruin it for the rest of us.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
There are plenty of states practicing social distancing without angering their citizens. Perhaps a few concessions for the over the top restrictions could calm the peaceful protesters clearly shaken by this whole experience.
Maybe a president who didn’t intentionally incite them would help too.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
What the f*** is wrong with him?

I mean, I appreciate trolling as much as anyone, but this is just stupid.
Hence why I posted what I did about federal law enforcement warning about the uptick in anti government rhetoric.

That 2nd amendment tweet made my skin crawl given what anniversary was yesterday and the 4 upcoming anniversaries (3 Sunday, 1 Monday).

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There are plenty of states practicing social distancing without angering their citizens. Perhaps a few concessions for the over the top restrictions could calm the peaceful protesters clearly shaken by this whole experience.

These people have an inability to think critically, they’re the dumbest of our society. What we are seeing in real time is natural selection. The unfortunate thing is these morons are also going to get other people killed because they are morons. And thats pretty unfair for the person getting killed that wasn’t there in a crowd, being a pumpkin headed dipshit

So not only are they ugly on the outside, they’re hideous on the inside

Reactions: sooshii and lopey

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Or you know, people can just stay home for a little while.

And the president could say something like "Yeah, this sucks but if we work together we can get through this and save as many lives as possible".

I'm not buying the 'peaceful protesters' bit. The sorts of people that are involved here are just looking for reasons to be outraged. And rather than calming people down, the president is stoking the flames. It's absurd.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
These people have an inability to think critically, they’re the dumbest of our society. What we are seeing in real time is natural selection. The unfortunate thing is these morons are also going to get other people killed because they are morons. And thats pretty unfair for the person getting killed that wasn’t there in a crowd, being a pumpkin headed dipshit

what would be your message be to calm protestors who are on the ropes financially and whose way of life for many has been destroyed?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
For three years now, I've believed that it's completely irresponsible for any President - much less the one who's in office - to have open access Twitter account that's not at least vetted to ensure clarity. It makes us less secure. Yeah, I know people like the "he's like us, he's transparent" aspect, but he's NOT like us, he's the President.

Yes, it's all fun and games when he tweets about "covfefe", a silly kind of typo we've all made. What happens when the tweet is "I have instructed our generals to launch our big beautiful nucular (sic) arsenal at North Korea" - and he leaves out the word "not" before "to launch"?

Similarly, these "LIBERATE" tweets are vaguely worded, easy to interpret in multiple ways, and ultimately potentially dangerous. From what or from whom do the citizens of these states need to be liberated? Who should do the liberating? By what means? Communication is a two-way street, and if your audience can interpret what you say in multiple ways, some of which you mean and some of which you don't mean, you've failed.

Man or woman up, say what you don't like about the situation, and suggest a solution. If you think a certain state's restrictions are too tight given their current status, say so directly, and with clarity, outline which restrictions need to be eased, and why. Bet black or red, but put your chips on the table and see where the roulette ball lands.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
i had that same thing but pretty sure it was the flu. my fever only got up to 100 and i was sick right around superbowl time.
main reason i think it was flu was because i dont think anyone near me got sick.
My friend had Coronavirus and lives with his parents and they never caught it. This virus seems to hit everyone differently.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Or you know, people can just stay home for a little while.

And the president could say something like "Yeah, this sucks but if we work together we can get through this and save as many lives as possible".

I'm not buying the 'peaceful protesters' bit. The sorts of people that are involved here are just looking for reasons to be outraged. And rather than calming people down, the president is stoking the flames. It's absurd.
Peaceful protests with guns. Oxymoron! It will take one of these hicks to get pissed off enough to start shooting.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Yeah I don’t feel the need to be diplomatic with morons endangering humanity.

This is exactly what someone on the other side would say about you hence the problem with today's society. Neither side is willing to be diplomatic because the other side are morons in their opinon.

neither "side" is the solution here and its the people on both sides unwilling to be diplomatic with the morons on the other side who are the problem.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Boo f***ing hoo

Exactly. Those people can shut the f*** up any time they want now. Everyone is going through this not just them, but most people are decent enough to follow the rules and not act like complete slap dicks. You want out, you want freedom to go where ever you want? Go volunteer at a hospital or nursing home and do some good. Plus you can go out.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This is exactly what someone on the other side would say about you hence the problem with today's society. Neither side is willing to be diplomatic because the other side are morons in their opinon.

neither "side" is the solution here and its the people on both sides unwilling to be diplomatic with the morons on the other side who are the problem.
But the other side has the King of Morons on their side. That would be the President....

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Easy to downplay peoples economic and civil liberty fears on the internet too but I think if anyone met a struggling family from Michigan theyd be a bit more empathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad