OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IX - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston

I keep seeing reports like this but they aren't ever sure if it's testing issues or if that patient ever 'truly' recovered from their original infection (is that the right term here?). Very strange virus, and we have seen reports of people taking a long time to truly recover from this virus (one guy was like 25 days before being released, posted a few days ago here I believe).

As @Gee Wally has said before, this virus is apparently one tough SOB...

Reactions: Spooner st

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I keep seeing reports like this but they aren't ever sure if it's testing issues or if that patient ever 'truly' recovered from their original infection (is that the right term here?). Very strange virus, and we have seen reports of people taking a long time to truly recover from this virus (one guy was like 25 days before being released, posted a few days ago here I believe).

As @Gee Wally has said before, this virus is apparently one tough SOB...

My daughter's friend tested positive and quarantined 14 days, had no more symptoms so thought she was over it. Got tested again, still positive.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
??

"Lt. Brian Oleksyk with the Michigan State Police told NBC News that between 3,000 and 4,000 people attended the event"

"We can get this rally done and stay within the social distancing guidelines,” Marian Sheridan, a Michigan Conservative Coalition co-founder, said in a statement ahead of the rally. "Citizens are frankly tired of being treated like babies. As adults, we now know what needs to be done to stay safe."
"Speaking to NBC affiliate WOOD of Grand Rapids, one woman attending suggested she didn't entirely trust the social distancing recommendations being made by "the so-called scientists" like Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that she believes "very strongly in herd immunity.""

'Lock her up!': Anti-Whitmer coronavirus lockdown protestors swarm Michigan Capitol
We said or most of us on here said let the governors make the decisions on their states. If Gov. Gretchen Whitmer thinks it what’s best for the state it’s her call. She was voted in by the majority. We got on this board and said Trump can’t open or close a state down. They are what three in the country in cases I thought but I’m not sure. I love a good protest but that wasn’t the time for it. I’m not changing my position on it. I don’t have a problem with what she did. If people don’t agree with it when the time comes they can vote her out.

I noticed in clips at that rally I didn’t see a lot of social distancing or I didn’t see a lot of people bring their kids. Why Didn’t they . I don’t think they are in school. It’s safe bring everybody lol

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
My daughter's friend tested positive and quarantined 14 days, had no more symptoms so thought she was over it. Got tested again, still positive.
I liked this, but don't like it, you know what I mean.

Hopefully we'll learn if this is testing problems or if people really still have it/if it lies dormant.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
so you're saying something that is not factually accurate while trying to get a point across? Interesting concept.

yes if you are congregating in public right now I do in fact believe you are much too stupid to be voting

People are trying to play this off as a “both sides” thing. No, it is not. The people staying inside are in the right, the people congregating in public are in the wrong. If you think otherwise then you do not believe in science or the general well being of the community. This isn’t rocket science. Stick up for them if you’d like....I know which side is doing the right thing. And it’s not an opinion, it’s a scientific fact

People like them are going to be the sole reason this thing sticks around and turmoil continues

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Could old vaccines for other germs protect against COVID-19?

Can an Oral Polio Vaccine Stop COVID-19?

@Gee Wally Dr Gallo just mentioned on CNN that your company is one of the ones who has the oral polio vaccine in storage.

He said he expects trials should be getting fast track approval shortly

my company is trying everything it has. - worldwide. Sites in Frankfurt & Vitry. Along with US site in Great Valley PA. Add in numerous hospitals and partnerships.

But this thing is not going to be overnight. It will take many months best case. This virus is tough. One thing we are struggling with is reports that some people may have gotten it twice. That needs to be vetted and documented if true.

The best hope for now is to get as many tests out there as fast as possible. That will provide data, hot spots and deployment of medical assets.

The other things treatments and maybe vaccines are a ways off right now.

Trials getting fast tracked does not mean vaccine or drug is fast tracked. Trials means you can use human guinea pigs sooner.
But unless the world has gone crazy you need a year of safety.
Because imagine injected 100s of millions with something that could very well change us forever.
Us being the human race.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
93378158_10220641510480400_3994269029219958784_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events