OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IX - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Easy to downplay peoples economic and civil liberty fears on the internet too but I think if anyone met a struggling family from Michigan theyd be a bit more empathetic
?
You really are ok with people protesting under these conditions? Its life and death right now. People are dying from this virus. I get it millions are hurting, but for the love of god this protesting against a virus keeping you home won't end it, but will actually prolong your suffering.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
?
You really are ok with people protesting under these conditions? Its life and death right now. People are dying from this virus. I get it millions are hurting, but for the love of god this protesting against a virus keeping you home won't end it, but will actually prolong your suffering.

I don't think protesting is good right now bc of the risk but the conditions and stress people are under made them feel they should, so they are risking it. It's not shocking it's happening as it's a symptom of the last 1 month of shut down. These are unprecedented times

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is exactly what someone on the other side would say about you hence the problem with today's society. Neither side is willing to be diplomatic because the other side are morons in their opinon.

neither "side" is the solution here and its the people on both sides unwilling to be diplomatic with the morons on the other side who are the problem.

you can’t be diplomatic with morons, I’m not willing to concede human lives so the git r dones can lick church windows and dick around in public for a couple hours

And this is why I keep saying we are too stupid for a democracy. Science and facts don’t mean anything anymore

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
you can’t be diplomatic with morons, I’m not willing to concede human lives so the git r dones can lick church windows and dick around in public for a couple hours

And this is why I keep saying we are too stupid for a democracy. Science and facts don’t mean anything anymore

good thing we are not a democracy then since we are a democratic republic. But you know minor details.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Don't forget, calling out this kind of rhetoric creates an 'us vs them' environment, not the actual rhetoric itself.

Decorum for thee, but not for me.
So if I was governor of any state and he said that I call him privately and say that was real stupid what you said.

If anybody went into this liberate a state like we liberated Kuwait or what happened in Los Angeles with Rodney King and yes those cops are wrong and I’m sorry about that. But if anybody tried that with a U.S. State you wouldn’t like the outcome. I don’t care how long you lived here. What war you fought in. Who you voted for . If you rioted or vandalize anything especially when we are getting some kind of light at the end of the tunnel those people wouldn’t like the consequences. I understand the frustration I do . But doing something like that would put everything behind again. That is something nobody wants or can afford.

We are getting there. Be civilized and smart. Don’t do nothing stupid.

Don’t test me out. LOL

BADBOY-

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't think protesting is good right now bc of the risk but the conditions and stress people are under made them feel they should, so they are risking it. It's not shocking it's happening as it's a symptom of the last 1 month of shut down. These are unprecedented times

The people in MI that were protesting weren't really mad about the state shut down, that was just their excuse. It wasreally about their guns and their hatred. Hence why they broke out the Confederate flag. You're in Michigan FFS. You're far closer to a Canada than you are with the South. You had zero affiliation with the Confederacy. So why would you ever bring that symbol of hate out? Oh yeah, it's who they are. It's not about freedom or liberty. It's about trying to piss people off and hate speech.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The people in MI that were protesting weren't really mad about the state shut down, that was just their excuse. It wasreally about their guns and their hatred. Hence why they broke out the Confederate flag. You're in Michigan FFS. You're far closer to a Canada than you are with the South. You had zero affiliation with the Confederacy. So why would you ever bring that symbol of hate out? Oh yeah, it's who they are. It's not about freedom or liberty. It's about trying to piss people off and hate speech.

So the 150,000 people who showed up to protest in their cars are now for the confederacy. I'm not doubting they have a few nuts like that, but this protest was aimed at the Governor over the lock down restrictions. I doubt its some movement to revive the confederacy

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
These 2 friends ( one lives near Hamilton, ON and the other near Buffalo) have done many videos comparing the US and Canada.

Crossing the border not a big deal until 9/11 and now

This was a fun entertaining video, thanks for sharing that positive message. When I seen the title I knew exactly where they were going. I am about 15 minutes from the spot and have been there a lot of times as an hiker and amateur photographer. You can throw a ball back and forth, just avoid the class 6 rapids.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
So the 150,000 people who showed up to protest in their cars are now for the confederacy. I'm not doubting they have a few nuts like that, but this protest was aimed at the Governor over the lock down restrictions. I doubt its some movement to revive the confederacy
When they block streets in a pandemic like this you block police and essential personnel getting through like ambulances, fire trucks , emergency personnel other stuff. IMO

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
??

"Lt. Brian Oleksyk with the Michigan State Police told NBC News that between 3,000 and 4,000 people attended the event"

"We can get this rally done and stay within the social distancing guidelines,” Marian Sheridan, a Michigan Conservative Coalition co-founder, said in a statement ahead of the rally. "Citizens are frankly tired of being treated like babies. As adults, we now know what needs to be done to stay safe."
"Speaking to NBC affiliate WOOD of Grand Rapids, one woman attending suggested she didn't entirely trust the social distancing recommendations being made by "the so-called scientists" like Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that she believes "very strongly in herd immunity.""

'Lock her up!': Anti-Whitmer coronavirus lockdown protestors swarm Michigan Capitol

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
??

"Lt. Brian Oleksyk with the Michigan State Police told NBC News that between 3,000 and 4,000 people attended the event"

"We can get this rally done and stay within the social distancing guidelines,” Marian Sheridan, a Michigan Conservative Coalition co-founder, said in a statement ahead of the rally. "Citizens are frankly tired of being treated like babies. As adults, we now know what needs to be done to stay safe."
"Speaking to NBC affiliate WOOD of Grand Rapids, one woman attending suggested she didn't entirely trust the social distancing recommendations being made by "the so-called scientists" like Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that she believes "very strongly in herd immunity.""

'Lock her up!': Anti-Whitmer coronavirus lockdown protestors swarm Michigan Capitol

Of course, lost on them is the fact that the tightened regulations are a direct result of people NOT acting like adults and respecting how dangerous this virus is.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://nypost.com/2020/04/17/wild-animals-are-reclaiming-cities-during-coronavirus-lockdown/

kruger-lions-park-01-copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad