OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IX - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
With the recent anti-government protests plus the guy in Missouri a few weeks back who wanted to bomb a healthcare facility treating Coronavirus, I’m not shocked that the Feds issued this warning. I pray nothing happens .

Reactions: Spooner st

17of26

Sep 9, 2008
Anyone else having trouble getting a status on their stimulus payment from the IRS?

I keep getting:

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.
For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

We filed 2018 taxes last year but have not filed our 2019 taxes yet.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Just a couple of things I would like to share:

1) Sweden didn't do social distancing because they had a plan. It turns out that the "not doing social distancing plan" was wrong. Today they have a major number of new cases and an extremely high death count greater than any other country.

So please observe distancing, masks and gloves.

2) there are signs of a second wave already bubbling up in parts of Asia. Japan has recently declared another state of emergency after seeing an uptick of cases less then a month after removing the social distancing order. China just now is getting hit with it's largest spike in cases in more a month. US doctors are now talking about a second wave. They don't know when the boomerang effect might hit NJ.

Best possible solution is to test everyone.

Don't support the President and his plans for this virus. Believe in the Governors.

Practice distancing, wear a mask and gloves and don't go back to work until the Governors say so, not Trump.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
That first article makes so much sense.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is what I had back in late February. If that was the mild version, holy hell I do not wish it on anyone. It was the sickest I have been in my adult life.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That first article makes so much sense.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is what I had back in late February. If that was the mild version, holy hell I do not wish it on anyone. It was the sickest I have been in my adult life.
I suspect I may have had the same. I had a coworker too who I’ve worked with for years and had never even taken a sick day... and he was out of commission for a week (and bad for way more than that). Had an Absolutely terrible dry cough to the point of throwing up and shallow breath. We weren’t doing tests at that time here, but I wish we were.

member 96824

sad part is there are so many who care more about seeing Trump fail than seeing us recover because they don't want to see his approval rating go up and its very obvious who those people are. They will say they care about the recovery and everyone's health but all they care about is seeing their party come out of this looking better than the opposing party. It's sickening and people like that should be ashamed and are the ones causing the division in our country. In my entire life I have never seen it to this degree and it makes me fear for what my children have to deal with when people can't even come together in a time like this and put political differences aside and just want what is best for us all as humans.

totally

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyone else having trouble getting a status on their stimulus payment from the IRS?

I keep getting:

We filed 2018 taxes last year but have not filed our 2019 taxes yet.

I filed 2018 and 2019, and get that same message. I've heard it's quite common. From their FAQ:

In certain cases, the Get My Payment app will be unable to tell you the status of your payment. You may receive this message for one of the following reasons:
  • If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.
You can check the app again to see whether there has been an update to your information. Get My Payment data is updated once per day, so there’s no need to check back more frequently.

None of those apply to me, unless I'm not eligible for some reason that I don't know about. Anyone else in this boat?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I suspect I may have had the same. I had a coworker too who I’ve worked with for years and had never even taken a sick day... and he was out of commission for a week (and bad for way more than that). Had an Absolutely terrible dry cough to the point of throwing up and shallow breath. We weren’t doing tests at that time here, but I wish we were.
I was down for a week as well and couldn’t move my head from the pillow. I had a cough that I could suppress with these prescription cough pearls especially at night. Ended up on a cocktail of antibiotics and steroids that lasted 15 days. It took me a good 2 weeks for my lungs to feel 100% and for the fatigue to go away.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Minnesota is reopening golf courses and other outdoor areas this weekend.

I go back and forth on this. On one hand, if my dad and I go out golfing it shouldn't make a lick of difference if we don't interact with other people. On the other hand, people are stupid.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Blame the poor, blame immigrants, blame Obama and has damn Obamaphones, blame the media, cut regulations and funding, and go golfing. ****ing rinse and ****ing repeat.
He’s on twitter right now going after Cuomo and encouraging citizens to protect their 2nd amendment rights and liberate Virginia, Michigan and Minnesota.

Beaches in Jacksonville open tonight.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
He’s on twitter right now going after Cuomo and encouraging citizens to protect their 2nd amendment rights and liberate Virginia, Michigan and Minnesota.

:(

I’ll check that later, thanks for letting me know. I gotta go for a walk or something.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Same goes for my wife and I, my wife had it 3 times.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

tenor.gif

Reactions: Scruffy and Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad