OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IX - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Holy shit

“In a series of all-caps tweets, Mr. Trump declared “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” and “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” — two states whose Democratic governors have imposed social distancing restrictions that have shut down businesses and schools and forced people to remain at home. He also tweeted “LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!”

Coronavirus Live Updates: As Governors Look to Reopen, Trump Foments Anti-Restriction Protests

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“In a series of all-caps tweets, Mr. Trump declared “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” and “LIBERATE MINNESOTA!” — two states whose Democratic governors have imposed social distancing restrictions that have shut down businesses and schools and forced people to remain at home. He also tweeted “LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!”

Coronavirus Live Updates: As Governors Look to Reopen, Trump Foments Anti-Restriction Protests

Yeah.....he’s not f***ing nuts.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

What the f*** is wrong with him?

I mean, I appreciate trolling as much as anyone, but this is just stupid.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Holy shit

Yup...it's so stupid.

I'm a pretty liberal guy, but I admit these stay at home orders do make me feel...uneasy. I think it's obvious that the orders are in good faith with a clear benefit to society as a whole. But not everyone believes that, and just because it may seem clear in this circumstance, doesn't mean a similar order couldn't be used maliciously in the future.

The big issue here is that it's not just a person's individual life at stake. Their "right" to leave their house as they please can directly kill other citizens, even if they themselves are fine.

Similarly, it's why I'm generally against DUI checkpoints and citizenship checks that aren't done at the borders. But that's not on topic here, so I won't get into it.

Long story short...I get people's frustration even if I don't fully agree with them. I think we have to be real careful as a society to not go too far.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What the f*** is wrong with him?

I mean, I appreciate trolling as much as anyone, but this is just stupid.
Only three states he’s stoking civil unrest and encouraging further spread of the virus are swing states lead by Democratic governors. But that’s just the spectacle of the day...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That first article makes so much sense.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is what I had back in late February. If that was the mild version, holy hell I do not wish it on anyone. It was the sickest I have been in my adult life.
I usually go to GahdenRinkRat's for Thanksgiving but was too ill this year. My daughter and her BF were at my home from Calif. They stayed home with me even though all I wanted was to be left alone so I could cough alone.

I was sick for 2 weeks and finally went to the doctor. I was told I had a virus. They didn't say it was the flu. It sounds like a mild case of the CORVID-19 but I will never know.

Reactions: lopey

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It seems like a call for violence. People will probably walk around in public with guns on them. And someone will likely shoot one.

Reactions: lopey

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I was down for a week as well and couldn’t move my head from the pillow. I had a cough that I could suppress with these prescription cough pearls especially at night. Ended up on a cocktail of antibiotics and steroids that lasted 15 days. It took me a good 2 weeks for my lungs to feel 100% and for the fatigue to go away.
i had that same thing but pretty sure it was the flu. my fever only got up to 100 and i was sick right around superbowl time.
main reason i think it was flu was because i dont think anyone near me got sick.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
There are plenty of states practicing social distancing without angering their citizens. Perhaps a few concessions for the over the top restrictions could calm the peaceful protesters clearly shaken by this whole experience.

Reactions: Scruffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad