OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Still, the president has resisted portraying the virus as the kind of threat described by Dr. Fauci and other public health experts. In his effort to create a positive vision of a future where the virus is less of a danger, critics have accused Mr. Trump of giving false hope.

Dr. Fauci and the president have publicly disagreed on how long it will take for a coronavirus vaccine to become available and whether an anti-malaria drug, chloroquine, could help those with an acute form of the virus. Dr. Fauci has made clear that he does not think the drug necessarily holds the potential that Mr. Trump says it does.

In an interview with Science Magazine, Dr. Fauci responded to a question about how he had managed to not get fired by saying that, to Mr. Trump’s “credit, even though we disagree on some things, he listens. He goes his own way. He has his own style. But on substantive issues, he does listen to what I say.”

But Dr. Fauci also said there was a limit to what he could do when Mr. Trump made false statements, as he often does during the briefings.

“I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down,” Dr. Fauci said. “OK, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.”

Trump Has Given Unusual Leeway to Fauci, but Aides Say He’s Losing His Patience

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Left or Right, Red or Blue, North or South, Catsup or Ketchup, Plain or Peanut M&M, there is so much upon we must agree to disagree. But I hope to be in unison on this. WE HAVE THE BEST GOVERNMENT MONEY CAN BUY!
HlSFjl1.gif

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
There are an awful lot of assumptions in this. And if there ARE disagreements, isn't that what we want? disagreements leads to discussion and informed decisions. Much better than an echo chamber.
Agree with some disagreements are healthy as long as it’s no stubbornness and I’m right and your wrong type of disagreements. I hear what your saying and your not wrong but I’m more comfortable going with the experts over the POTUS in this case. I’ll side with the Doctors and Scientists on this COVID -19. That’s me some might agree or disagree which is also fine. I made my decision on it from my point of view. Trump should open up the conference for about two minutes and letting them take questions and Trump should close it on the economy but not answer virus questions. That’s all

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Agree with some disagreements are healthy as long as it’s no stubbornness and I’m right and your wrong type of disagreements. I hear what your saying and your not wrong but I’m more comfortable going with the experts over the POTUS in this case. I’ll side with the Doctors and Scientists on this COVID -19. That’s me some might agree or disagree which is also fine. I made my decision on it from my point of view. Trump should open up the conference for about two minutes and letting them take questions and Trump should close it on the economy but not answer virus questions. That’s all
Read the post spooner st just posted, where Dr. Fauci expressly says that on substantive issues [Trump} does listen to what he says.

Probably not a bad idea to let the experts be the only ones who talk about the virus.

Reactions: BAD BOY

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You would think this wouldn't need to be mandated.

TV/Cable and Car Insurance should be next.

My car insurance is ridiculous because of predatory policing for them to self fund outrageously dumb speeding tickets I forgot to fight due to work and appeal (estimated I wasn't on radar) and a flat lie about running a red by a dishonest cop I also didn't appeal.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Plenty of .5 liter waters at Costco in Everett with a limit of 5. the Poland Spring cases are on sale too.

They also have paper towels, but no TP.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
the same medical experts that over-perscribed opioids for years for nothing but the money. This time we should put 100% faith in them that it will be all about what is best for us and money will not play a factor?

as the saying goes fool me once shame on me fool me twice....

I didn't realize epidemiologists and virologists wrote
opioid prescriptions.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Comcast is taking steps to implement the following new policies for the next 60 days, and other important initiatives:
  • Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.

• Pausing Our Data Plan: With so many people working and educating from home, we want our customers to access the internet without thinking about data plans. While the vast majority of our customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, we are pausing our data plans for 60 days giving all customers Unlimited data for no additional charge.

• No Disconnects or Late Fees: We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad