OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins' started by Fenway, Mar 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glove Malfunction Ference is my binky

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    EMR Consultant
    I think it's a real stretch to say that doctors intentionally addicted patients. Overprescribe? Certainly. Intentionally get them addicted? Nah.

Totally fair to draw that distinction among those different cadres of the "medical community", as long as you can acknowledge that there are good and bad in all those different groups as well.

2. Ladyfan Miss Savvy , Looch and Quaider Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
  3. Spooner st HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    None of the drugs have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for that use. Some of them — including chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine — are commonly used to treat malaria, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other conditions.

Pharmacists around the country have been swapping stories on social media about the spike in prescriptions written by doctors for themselves or their families.

“I have multiple prescribers calling in prescriptions for Plaquenil for themselves and their family members as a precaution. Is this ethical?” one person wrote on Sunday in a Facebook group for pharmacists, referring to a brand name of hydroxychloroquine. Others weighed in — some noting similar experiences — and expressed their hesitancy to dispense such prescriptions.

“I got called a communist for telling a prescriber, who was trying to call it in for themselves, no,” someone posted on Friday in another Facebook group for pharmacists.

Carmen Catizone, executive director of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy, said state boards across the country were “trying to stop the hoarding and inappropriate prescribing, but balancing what patients need.” Mr. Campbell, of the North Carolina board, said medical boards and associations had to get involved as well to curb the behavior of prescribers.

4. samsdad Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Radon mitigation
    My totally uneducated guess is that since it's still fairly new here, people haven't had the time to advance to that stage yet where they can't recover
    I expect, and I hope I am totally wrong, is that the death rate will likely increase

5. CharasLazyWrister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Yes. But my original point is that we need to listen to scientists on a topic involving strictly science. Not politicians.

Somehow trying to equate the validity (or lack of it) of advice of both scientists and politics by reminding me that within the medical community there are crooked doctors is nuts. We all are aware (or should be) at this point that there is serious greed within factions of the medical community. That doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that I’m going to go to the actual experts in the field on an issue over a politician who has to get elected to remain in office.

6. CharasLazyWrister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Welp. Looks like the emotional reality of panic is certainly universal.

7. Kate08 HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I saw a meme that I won't share due to some well-placed profanity, but the essential idea is...

The thing "only" has a 1 - 3% kill rate.

If I gave you 100 skittles and any one of them could kill you, you're probably not eating any of my skittles.

8. Glove Malfunction Ference is my binky

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    EMR Consultant
    I don't think anyone tried to equate the validity, just point out that all sides were incentivized in different ways to hype (also in different ways), the potential effect of the virus. I think pretty much all of us agree that the scientists have best advice (stemming from the better data and analysis).

9. CharasLazyWrister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I tell you one thing. My (very conservative) grandparents are very scared and are disgusted by a certain someone they have been supporting unconditionally for the past 3 years.

Chestus and rfournier103 like this.
  10. hrdpuk Carlo Just keeps getting better

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Compared to the common flu the mortality rate for covid-19 is at least 10 times higher

11. CharasLazyWrister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Okay. So I don’t understand how medical experts telling people to stay at home so they don’t end up sick at the hospital (with a bill), or get other people sick at the hospital, is something we should be skeptical about.

And how is Dr. Fauci at all in this group? He’s been fighting infectious diseases for decades. And gives advice based on that experience.

Basically, I’m trying to get down to the actual logic in this specific scenario, not some general argument about how doctors and politicians are both pigs.

12. BAD BOY Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I was watching one of the news networks they interviewed one senator and he said they are inches close of getting the virus bill done .He’s very optimistic some things may have been added in. A deal could go down tonight or in the morning. We shall see.

13. Ladyfan Miss Savvy , Looch and Quaider Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    and he does HORRIBLE things. He is not a professional anything. I hate him

14. BAD BOY Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    See the other problem is Fauci is overshadowing Trump which he don’t like. If he’s not out there today something is wrong with the message. What I mean is that their is a disagreement in the group .

CharasLazyWrister likes this.
  15. BAD BOY Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Ok. I don’t hate him but I don’t agree with the sarcastic remarks about Romney and other stuff. That’s not the point now it’s getting things done by listening with your group you assembled.

16. Spooner st HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Dollar signs above vital signs.

CharasLazyWrister and hrdpuk like this.
  17. BAD BOY Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Lol right now I agree. Lol your correct.

18. CharasLazyWrister Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    That much seems obvious.

BAD BOY likes this.
  19. Bruinaura Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000

Alicat likes this.
  20. Glove Malfunction Ference is my binky

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    EMR Consultant
    Did anyone include Fauci in this comparison? I don't remember seeing it.

21. Glove Malfunction Ference is my binky

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    EMR Consultant
    There are an awful lot of assumptions in this. And if there ARE disagreements, isn't that what we want? disagreements leads to discussion and informed decisions. Much better than an echo chamber.

22. Spooner st HFBoards Sponsor Sponsor

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    The president has become increasingly concerned as Dr. Anthony S. Fauci has grown bolder in correcting his falsehoods about the spread of the coronavirus.

President Trump has praised Dr. Anthony S. Fauci as a “major television star.” He has tried to demonstrate that the administration is giving him free rein to speak. And he has deferred to Dr. Fauci’s opinion several times at the coronavirus task force’s televised briefings.

But Dr. Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, has grown bolder in correcting the president’s falsehoods and overly rosy statements about the spread of the coronavirus in the past two weeks — and he has become a hero to the president’s critics because of it. And now, Mr. Trump’s patience has started to wear thin.

So has the patience of some White House advisers, who see Dr. Fauci as taking shots at the president in some of his interviews with print reporters while offering extensive praise for Mr. Trump in television interviews with conservative hosts.

Mr. Trump knows that Dr. Fauci, who has advised every president since Ronald Reagan, is seen as credible with a large section of the public and with journalists, and so he has given the doctor more leeway to contradict him than he has other officials, according to multiple advisers to the president.

When Mr. Trump knows that he has more to gain than to lose by keeping an adviser, he has resisted impulses to fight back against apparent criticism, sometimes for monthslong interludes. One example was when he wanted to fire the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II, in 2017 and early 2018. Another was Jeff Sessions, the former attorney general. Mr. Trump eventually fired both when he felt the danger in doing so had passed.

So far, the president appears to be making the same calculation with Dr. Fauci, who was not on the briefing room podium on Monday evening. When asked why, Mr. Trump said he had just been with Dr. Fauci for “a long time” at a task force meeting. Officials, asked about the doctor’s absence, repeated that they were rotating officials who appear at the briefings.
    “He’s a good man,” Mr. Trump said. Dr. Fauci was scheduled to be on Fox News with Sean Hannity a short time later.

CharasLazyWrister and Bocephus86 like this.
  23. BrainOfJ Pay Torey

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    :laugh:

Also I love the focus on mortality rate as a "it's not that bad"

The symptoms and effects sound pretty f***ing miserable and I'm a huge wimp.

24. Bruinfanatic Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
  25. aguineapig Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Left or Right, Red or Blue, North or South, Catsup or Ketchup, Plain or Peanut M&M, there is so much upon we must agree to disagree. But I hope to be in unison on this. WE HAVE THE BEST GOVERNMENT MONEY CAN BUY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.