OT - NO POLITICS All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part IV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
And that’s fine if you think that, but I’m of the belief their should be stipulations and protections if you’re handed millions and millions of dollars worth of our money

Otherwise you end up like 2008 where the people get screwed and the corporations are all dandy

and that's fine if you think that and more people go bankrupt and hungry every day that goes by.

I am fine with some stipulations and protections to a degree but if you feel that we should stop help in order to slip in things like greenhouse deals and voter same day registrations which you know will never be accepted by the other side while people are losing everything and dying then we have very different priorities in life.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Does anyone have a good place to go to read about what’s happened with this relief bill from the beginning? Both sides are just blaming each other for what held it up and everyone looks like villains.

But I just don’t have a clear understanding of what happened in this fight and news outlets have been useless in helping illuminate as it’s just biased bullshit.

Reactions: lopey

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
and that's fine if you think that and more people go bankrupt and hungry every day that goes by.

I am fine with some stipulations and protections to a degree but if you feel that we should stop help in order to slip in things like greenhouse deals and voter same day registrations which you know will never be accepted by the other side while people are losing everything and dying then we have very different priorities in life.

Yeah and like I said the house bill was a waste of time due to some of those slide-ins (voter registration being a good example). But some of these protections are absolutely necessary. And I don’t mind the stipulations placed on the airline industry if they take hundreds of millions of dollars. Especially since it’s either stuff that they should have already been doing or makes sense for them to do if they take millions and millions of our money.

I for one side with the people trying to get longer unemployment benefits for the American people who are “suffering and going hungry” every day and want to protect them against corporations (unlike what happened in 2008) but that’s just me. To each their own.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I have no words

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests elderly should die to save economy from coronavirus

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick implied late Monday that the senior population should be willing to sacrifice themselves so the United States can “get back to work” amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“Those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” Patrick, who turns 70 next week, said on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Does anyone have a good place to go to read about what’s happened with this relief bill from the beginning? Both sides are just blaming each other for what held it up and everyone looks like villains.

But I just don’t have a clear understanding of what happened in this fight and news outlets have been useless in helping illuminate as it’s just biased bullshit.
NPR seems to have decent stuff about each bill that was proposed. Short of reading it on our own, everything will be spun.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

my post a while back goes right to the latest bill that was submitted. its over 1,400 pages but unfortunately in todays world the only way to see the truth is to read the actual submitted bills.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I have my last face to face sales appointment for the next few months

Sanitizer city, population me

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Yeah and like I said the house bill was a waste of time due to some of those slide-ins (voter registration being a good example). But some of these protections are absolutely necessary. And I don’t mind the stipulations placed on the airline industry if they take hundreds of millions of dollars. Especially since it’s either stuff that they should have already been doing or makes sense for them to do if they take millions and millions of our money.

I for one side with the people trying to get longer unemployment benefits for the American people who are “suffering and going hungry” every day and want to protect them against corporations (unlike what happened in 2008) but that’s just me. To each their own.

as i said different priority's your willing to hang up a bill due to your stance on greenhouse gasses and how they affect the world. While i believe something has to be done on that front i believe this is not the time or place and people need help now. but as you said to each their own..people will just have to wait for help while we fight the never ending climate change battle.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
All I know is the day all this shit went down, March 13, my site had planned a celebration for launching a new cancer drug.

We were going to have a gourmet grilled cheese truck. with variety of tater tots.

So when this ends somebody owes me f***ing gourmet grilled cheese and tater tots!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
All I know is the day all this shit went down, March 13, my site had planned a celebration for launching a new cancer drug.

We were going to have a gourmet grilled cheese truck. with variety of tater tots.

So when this ends somebody owes me f***ing gourmet grilled cheese and tater tots!
I'll buy you any adult beverage to wash it all down

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
as i said different priority's your willing to hang up a bill due to your stance on greenhouse gasses and how they affect the world. While i believe something has to be done on that front i believe this is not the time or place and people need help now. but as you said to each their own..people will just have to wait for help while we fight the never ending climate change battle.

I’m talking about restrictions and stipulations on people that take our money. If they don’t want to meet them fine, just don’t take the bailout. But whatever, just hand it out willy nilly I guess. Didn’t hurt the last time people were suffering and going hungry! Went very well!

less unemployment time the better for those suffering. The Lower the wages the better too! That’s what I say!

Reactions: Bocephus86

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Absolutely reckless.

I'm sorry but lives are more important than the economy right now.

Sorry, but no.

More people will be hurt if the economy goes into a true depression than would be by the virus.

At some point you have to cut your losses, at some point the greater good is getting the country and economy going again.

Yes, people are going to die. They will die regardless. Call me heartless or whatever, I don't care. But more damage is done the longer you have 30%+ of the country sitting at home with no income.

Something along the lines of isolate the elderly and high risk populations from the world until it settles down is a far better choice for everyone than just shutting down everything.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
total refusal to follow doctors and scientists in put.

Its always about the money!
Where does he say these are his actual plans? Just because he'd "love to" have the country back open by Easter, did he say that's the actual plan? I'd "love to" retire in five years, but I'll have to wait until that time to evaluate the situation. Can we wait until the time actually gets here before damning things that haven't even happened yet?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Sorry, but no.

More people will be hurt if the economy goes into a true depression than would be by the virus.

At some point you have to cut your losses, at some point the greater good is getting the country and economy going again.

Yes, people are going to die. They will die regardless. Call me heartless or whatever, I don't care. But more damage is done the longer you have 30%+ of the country sitting at home with no income.

Something along the lines of isolate the elderly and high risk populations from the world until it settles down is a far better choice for everyone than just shutting down everything.
I'm not going to sacrifice my mother's life just to ride on the f***ing train and go into an open office set up and work with various people at less than 6 feet of space just because someone wants to make money to line his and his friends pockets again.

Sorry but this isn't the way to fix the economy. This isn't the god damn hunger games.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Where does he say these are his actual plans? Just because he'd "love to" have the country back open by Easter, did he say that's the actual plan? I'd "love to" retire in five years, but I'll have to wait until that time to evaluate the situation. Can we wait until the time actually gets here before damning things that haven't even happened yet?

I find it interesting that you and I would differ over what we think is leadership.

Not who.....but what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad