All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Goalies really are anyone’s guess. A guy could be hyped and totally bomb. And then some other guy could fly completely under the radar and then find success in the NHL. It’s fascinating actually.

That’s why you just gotta keep drafting them and hope one hits.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Husso wasn't good last night by any means, but his defense just repeatedly s*** the bed in front of him over and over. This game was shades of November all over again.

Wotherspoon's assignment scored at least three times. One goal was deflected by Reinke on a clear shot that Husso probably saves, and Jerabek got walked around rather easily.

The first Gurianov goal was all Husso and Guri is a legit scorer in this league, so meh.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Rampage now firmly entrenched in last place. It was a fun couple of months from in Dec and Jan, but let's wrap this up and get some ATOs in here to see what we've got for next season.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Rampage now firmly entrenched in last place. It was a fun couple of months from in Dec and Jan, but let's wrap this up and get some ATOs in here to see what we've got for next season.

I'm worried that this organization's talent pool is starting to lag.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would like to hear your opinion about players. Give ratings and have they develope in this season.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I'm worried that this organization's talent pool is starting to lag.
Maybe a little bit, but the Blues have raided SAs roster this season. Almost our entire bottom 6 have played there in the last year or two.

There are ebbs and flows to this, and our roster is already pretty set for next season, and it isn't difficult to add some veteran depth down there in free agency.

Maikkeli

Jul 12, 2016
Helsinki / Finland
Husso wasn't good last night by any means, but his defense just repeatedly s*** the bed in front of him over and over. This game was shades of November all over again.

Wotherspoon's assignment scored at least three times. One goal was deflected by Reinke on a clear shot that Husso probably saves, and Jerabek got walked around rather easily.

The first Gurianov goal was all Husso and Guri is a legit scorer in this league, so meh.

It takes time to come back after two months injury without goaltending coach.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Husso :(

He was supposed to be our savior. I even jacked up his stats on NHL18 and won multiple SCs with him...

Now his season is basically over without ever really beginning.

...but wait...

Following the Christian fables I was raised with, the Messiah will rise again. In just over a month we will celebrate this occasion with baskets of chocolate bunnies and jelly beans.

There is still hope!

Husso will crawl out of his tomb of despair and save us from Stanley Cup damnation.

There will be a time when we are in deep in the war of playoff battles, shrouded in goaltending strife, in need of desperate salvation, and he will come.

:help:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

He was supposed to be our savior. I even jacked up his stats on NHL18 and won multiple SCs with him...

...but wait...

Following the Christian fables I was raised with, the Messiah will rise again. In just over a month we will celebrate this occasion with baskets of chocolate bunnies and jelly beans.

There is still hope!

Husso will crawl out of his tomb of despair and save us from Stanley Cup damnation.

There will be a time when we are in deep in the war of playoff battles, shrouded in goaltending strife, in need of desperate salvation, and he will come.

That is quite the biblical perspective!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015

...but wait...

There is still hope!

Husso sacrificed himself for Binnington's ascension :bow:

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018

...but wait...

There is still hope!

Bismillah

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
That’s odd

Why? Not arguing at all. Binnington has been a great story but with Hussos issues Goalie is clearly our biggest organizational need, and its apparently a very good draft for goalies.

If some stud defenseman falls to the second half of round 2 I wouldn’t hate it.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
We need goaltending, but amateur goalies are way too unpredictable to be the target of top draft choices.

I know and it’s a fair point. I’m just not loving our current options and truly good goalies don’t make it to free agency.

I may have been exaggerating. A d-man wouldn’t be a bad choice.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Why? Not arguing at all. Binnington has been a great story but with Hussos issues Goalie is clearly our biggest organizational need, and its apparently a very good draft for goalies.

If some stud defenseman falls to the second half of round 2 I wouldn’t hate it.
I’m not against picking a goalie in the second round, but only if he’s truly the BPA. I don’t like the philosophy of picking a goalie with our first pick no matter what. Husso will rebound, or at least get healthy. Fitzpatrick looks promising; Hofer as well. Any goalie we pick would be 3-4 years away, so Husso having an injury riddled season seems like an odd way to justify picking a goalie with our first pick no matter what. But, I do see the motivation of at least picking a goalie somewhere in this draft.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I’m not against picking a goalie in the second round, but only if he’s truly the BPA. I don’t like the philosophy of picking a goalie with our first pick no matter what. Husso will rebound, or at least get healthy. Fitzpatrick looks promising; Hofer as well. Any goalie we pick would be 3-4 years away, so Husso having an injury riddled season seems like an odd way to justify picking a goalie with our first pick no matter what. But, I do see the motivation of at least picking a goalie somewhere in this draft.
I agree. The Blues' prospect pool is fairly thin. They need a high-quality defensive prospect, and another forward. I wouldn't use a pick higher than a 3rd on a goalie, unless we can use our 2nd for a super-highly touted goalie prospect, who falls a lot further than we expected. We have no 1st Rounder as it is. If we use our 2nd on a goalie, who won't help us for 5 years, we have an even thinner prospect pool, as Kyrou surely will play in The NHL next season, and Bokk is still far away from helping in The NHl, and we are short high-quality defencemen. Allen was highly touted. Look how he has turned out.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
I think a defenseman would be ideal, but IMO our scouting department has earned the benefit of the doubt. I'll be happy with whoever they pick.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

upload_2019-3-16_20-54-2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad