All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

PelleLindbergh

Feb 13, 2018
Are the Blues finally going to get their own farm team? Not up to speed on this but would like to know.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Thanks man! Good to have all the prospects under one roof.
You can say that again. Can't wait to see what Kostin and Walman in particular can do when they aren't getting jerked around with ice time.

Reactions: Jessica

PelleLindbergh

Feb 13, 2018
You can say that again. Can't wait to see what Kostin and Walman in particular can do when they aren't getting jerked around with ice time.
Kostin is going to do some damage, that's for sure. Walman got the short end of the straw last year being shuffled all over, probably didn't feel wanted in Binghampton, I think he plays well enough to be called up as the 1st injury replacement and forces the Blues hand..... well I can hope haha

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Rampage are shaping up to be a good team next season with all our prospects in the same place.
As a Blues fan, I am excited to see the Rampage as the Blues AHL affiliate. I made the 3 hour trip this last year for the first time to see the Rampage and some of the Blues prospects. Great facility, NHL level facility. Rampage fans were great, talked with a few in the lobbies between periods and they were all excited about the Blues coming in and taking over coaching and hockey operations. I think with all of the Blues prospects playing for one AHL team, the Rampage could become a serious AHL contender. I will be making many weekend trips to San Antonio when the Rampage are playing next year.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'll be interested to see where Sanford and Stevens line up for San Antonio. We have Blais and Foley on LW, then Kyrou(?), Kostin and Poganski on RW. Nice to have an AHL team with plenty of players who have a shot at being NHL'ers.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I'll be interested to see where Sanford and Stevens line up for San Antonio. We have Blais and Foley on LW, then Kyrou(?), Kostin and Poganski on RW. Nice to have an AHL team with plenty of players who have a shot at being NHL'ers.

I was thinking the same thing. I posted this in another thread:

Rampage
Blais-Sanford-Kyrou
Foley-Stevens-Kostin
Flynn-Sundqvist-Bennett
Kaspick-Musil-Poganski
Bleakley

Butler-Reinke
Mikkola-Walman
Wotherspoon-Lindbohm
Sergeev

Husso
Binnington

San Antonio is going to have a fun young hockey club to root for!

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I was thinking the same thing. I posted this in another thread:

Rampage
Blais-Sanford-Kyrou
Foley-Stevens-Kostin
Flynn-Sundqvist-Bennett
Kaspick-Musil-Poganski
Bleakley

Butler-Reinke
Mikkola-Walman
Wotherspoon-Lindbohm
Sergeev

Husso
Binnington

San Antonio is going to have a fun young hockey club to root for!
Calder Cup here they come!

Reactions: The Note in MI

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Sanford-Flynn-Bennett
Blais-Stevens-Kyrou
Foley-Kaspick-Kostin
MacEachern-Musil-Poganski
J. Thomas

Butler-Schmaltz
Walman-Reinke
Mikkola-Wotherspoon
Lindbohm/Sergeev

Husso-Binnington/Fitzpatrick

Reactions: Zamadoo

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Sanford-Flynn-Bennett
Blais-Stevens-Kyrou
Foley-Kaspick-Kostin
J. Thomas

Butler-Schmaltz
Walman-Reinke
Mikkola-Wotherspoon
Lindbohm/Sergeev

Thanks, knew I was forgetting a couple (MacEachern and Thomas). I thought Flynn was a winger, and Blues like Sanford at C? Idk, just like the NHL lineup, lots of interchangeable pieces and no telling how it will all shake out.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Sanford-Flynn-Bennett
Blais-Stevens-Kyrou
Foley-Kaspick-Kostin
J. Thomas

Butler-Schmaltz
Walman-Reinke
Mikkola-Wotherspoon
Lindbohm/Sergeev

Do you think Schmaltz can clear waivers? I think he is stuck on the big team now. Unless JBO and Gunnarsson are healthy at the jump and we can send him down during camp. He may slip through then. But even that is iffy in my mind. A team lacking in RHD depth, and there are a ton, only has to take a $1M flyer on a guy who has been dominant in the AHL but blocked by the best RHD tandem in the NHL.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Do you think Schmaltz can clear waivers? I think he is stuck on the big team now. Unless JBO and Gunnarsson are healthy at the jump and we can send him down during camp. He may slip through then. But even that is iffy in my mind. A team lacking in RHD depth, and there are a ton, only has to take a $1M flyer on a guy who has been dominant in the AHL but blocked by the best RHD tandem in the NHL.
Really depends when he would go on waivers. At the start of the year when all teams are sending players down and all teams are pretty much healthy, there's a decent chance he'd go unclaimed. During the season, someone would pick him up because of injuries. Brad Hunt got claimed.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I don't see any chance of Schmaltz going unclaimed. RHD are in short supply around the League and he's a very good AHL defenseman who has never had a real run in the NHL. He'd be traded before exposing him to waivers.

You know if we try that then he'll end up in Chicago.

Reactions: The Note in MI

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I don't see any way Schmaltz plays in San Antonio this year.

Here's my far too preliminary lineup guess:
Bennett-Sanford-Kostin
Blais-Flynn-Kyrou
Foley-Kaspick-Musil
MacEachern-Stevens-Poganski
Bleackley

J. Thomas to Tulsa

Butler-Walman
Wotherspoon-Lindbohm
Mikkola-Reinke
Sergeev

Husso
Binnington

Also saw an unverified tweet yesterday that the Blues signed winger Joey LaLeggia to a deal. If that turns out to be true, Poganski likely gets pushed out of the lineup, Musil goes to 4RW and LaLeggia, a one time 20 goal scorer and 40 point AHL player slots into the 3rd line perfectly.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I don't see any way Schmaltz plays in San Antonio this year.

Here's my far too preliminary lineup guess:
Bennett-Sanford-Kostin
Blais-Flynn-Kyrou
Foley-Kaspick-Musil
MacEachern-Stevens-Poganski
Bleackley

J. Thomas to Tulsa

Butler-Walman
Wotherspoon-Lindbohm
Mikkola-Reinke
Sergeev

Husso
Binnington

Also saw an unverified tweet yesterday that the Blues signed winger Joey LaLeggia to a deal. If that turns out to be true, Poganski likely gets pushed out of the lineup, Musil goes to 4RW and LaLeggia, a one time 20 goal scorer and 40 point AHL player slots into the 3rd line perfectly.

Huh. Looks like you’re right, it’s up on EliteProspects anyways

Joey LaLeggia at eliteprospects.com

Another pretty good pickup, he was a leader in Bakersfield last year. You don’t see too many LW/D combos

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I predict that Mikkola will be our #1 or 2 dmen after 1st or 2nd month. He won't play 3rd pair like some have noted here. He has played last couple seasons 22:00-24:00 TOI/GP in mens league. Hell no he'll be sheltered n to 3rd pair or 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->