All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wow they've had a really tough year overall. I don't like hearing Kyrou is out for the season with them (or any of the players for that matter) hopefully his recovery time would allow him to come up for our playoff run after their regular season ends.

Rampage fans what is your assessment of Bannister and his coaching staff? I know it's his first year so what have you seen from him as the bench boss this season.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Wow they've had a really tough year overall. I don't like hearing Kyrou is out for the season with them (or any of the players for that matter) hopefully his recovery time would allow him to come up for our playoff run after their regular season ends.

Rampage fans what is your assessment of Bannister and his coaching staff? I know it's his first year so what have you seen from him as the bench boss this season.

They were really slow to adjust at the beginning of the season which killed them. They made good adjustments in December, but honestly, the team just wasnt good enough.

They rode Binnington as long as they could, then he was called up, and the injuries hit and now they are a team of 4th liners just trying to not be embarrassed on a nightly basis.

The defense went from awful, to decent, to bad again. The forwards are one dimensional outside of Kyrou, and the goalies (other than Binner) have been trash.

I think he is a fine coach. Hopefully, they get him a team next season that can execute in the O-Zone and not consistently miss assignments in the D-Zone

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Kaspick and Foley being out for so long sure didn't help their offense, not to mention Blais and MacEachern moving up.

Hopefully Army makes some college free agent signings and maybe a couple veteran signings to help them out next year.

Edit: Should also mention Toropchenko will be a good addition.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaliBlues710

Jessica

17 year Rampage sth
Jul 1, 2005
San Antonio, TX
Here is the link to bid on some Chimuelos Jerseys and 2 goalie helmets (Binnington and Husso).

Chimuelos auction

Chimuelos Jersey Auction
Jared Coreau $2000
Niko Mikkola $1400
Jordan Schmaltz $1200
Tyler Wotherspoon $1250
Mitch Reinke $1400
Joey LaLeggia $1500
Tanner Kaspick $1050
Adam Musil $1250
Bobby MacIntyre $1050
Jake Walman $1200
Charlie Sampair $1000
Stephen Perfetto $1000
Ryan Olsen $1050
Nolan Stevnes $1100
Total for just military= $17,450
T-Bone $2000 (Goes to a different charity that helps children with cancer)
Total overall raised for the two different charities= $19,450

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
You mean the next Vanelli? Totally useless. ;)
He had some pretty good tools and a lot of potential, but a lot of rough spots (which was completely understandable given the position shift shortly before he was drafted).

It wasn't beyond him to improve defensively, see his decision making improve, and start to use others around him better as he acclimated to the position. Sadly, he's 23 now and he hasn't really taken any big strides forward since college. You could even make the argument that he's getting worse. This was a really disappointing year for him.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
They were really slow to adjust at the beginning of the season which killed them. They made good adjustments in December, but honestly, the team just wasnt good enough.

They rode Binnington as long as they could, then he was called up, and the injuries hit and now they are a team of 4th liners just trying to not be embarrassed on a nightly basis.

The defense went from awful, to decent, to bad again. The forwards are one dimensional outside of Kyrou, and the goalies (other than Binner) have been trash.

I think he is a fine coach. Hopefully, they get him a team next season that can execute in the O-Zone and not consistently miss assignments in the D-Zone
Thank you. I was assuming it was mostly the roster that was under performing, but just wanted to get word from fans like yourself.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Speaking of Vanelli, where is that guy this year? He has no information at all for this season on hockeydb

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Speaking of Vanelli, where is that guy this year? He has no information at all for this season on hockeydb
He's retired apparently. That draft was not a very good one overall, but the Blues busted on every pick in that draft. Nothing really to show for any of the players they drafted, though they only had 4 picks. If you want to count Carrier as an "ok" pick, I guess go ahead, but would he even make this team? I doubt it.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
He had some pretty good tools and a lot of potential, but a lot of rough spots (which was completely understandable given the position shift shortly before he was drafted).

It wasn't beyond him to improve defensively, see his decision making improve, and start to use others around him better as he acclimated to the position. Sadly, he's 23 now and he hasn't really taken any big strides forward since college. You could even make the argument that he's getting worse. This was a really disappointing year for him.

I saw him in the prospect camp a couple of years ago, and he was impressive. But he was unproductive in his time with the Wolves, and the thought was that maybe he wasn't being handled properly. Unfortunately, he hasn't shown much in San Antonio either.

Maybe another year with San Antonio will do the trick.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018

I wonder if the Blues would consider switching Walman back to a forward?

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
That would pretty much doom Walman's career.

You can't waste all that development time in college and the AHL, then essentially start over from scratch at...what? 23? 24?

There's no turning back now. The only way is (not at) forward.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Goaltender Evan Fitzpatrick earned his second AHL win on Saturday after making 32 saves on 35 shots faced. He has started the last three games, marking his heaviest workload so far this season with the Rampage. He recorded a .896 save percentage during that span.

Reactions: LGB

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Goaltender Evan Fitzpatrick earned his second AHL win on Saturday after making 32 saves on 35 shots faced. He has started the last three games, marking his heaviest workload so far this season with the Rampage. He recorded a .896 save percentage during that span.
eww

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Rampage signed Ben Duffy to a PTO. Interesting guy - once long ago he was quite a prospect.

Duffy, 27, has tallied 26 goals and 63 points in 70 games with the ECHL’s Norfolk Admirals this season. The Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia native has 15 games of AHL experience, recording two assists with the Hamilton Bulldogs in 2013-14. Over the past six seasons, Duffy has played in the AHL, ECHL, the AlpsHL in Central Europe, and collegiate hockey in Canada. He led the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in scoring in 2012-13 with the Prince Edward Island Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad