All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Whatever you do, do NOT go back and watch the 5th goal allowed last night.

Just trust me on this. Let it be.

I didn't trust you and I looked. Fortunately I didn't see anything because the shot was from so far away, the camera couldn't pan fast enough to show it go in. I am imagining it took a crazy wicked bounce...and a fan ran on the ice and pushed Husso. Even then, from where it was shot, he still should have stopped it.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Rampage return home tonight for a matchup with the Ontario Reign. You, trusty HFBoards user, have one job; Predict the first goal scorer for the good guys tonight and get your name in lights. Who's it going to be?

I'm taking "Rollin" Nolan Stevens, FTW.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
53BE1E05-1ACF-4CD8-B20D-3F65D73010F9.jpeg
Does it bother anyone else that they should be using “a part” instead of “apart”?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Wow, raise your hand if you thought Jake Walman would have 3 points at this point in the season.... Freakin yikes.

Hopefully we see good things out of Fitz. The organization as a whole needs that right now.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Wow, raise your hand if you thought Jake Walman would have 3 points at this point in the season.... Freakin yikes.

Hopefully we see good things out of Fitz. The organization as a whole needs that right now.

Not only is Jake not producing offensively, he is a disaster with the puck in the defensive zone.

So...that's fun.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso left the game with a lower body injury when they were 5-2 down in the third, so Fitzpatrick got his AHL debut.

Kyrou had 2 goals, so he is 8-9-17 & +6 in his last 9.
Any info about Husso's injury?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
So do the Rampage have a backup ATM if Husso is injured? If Fitzy gets injured.....do they just throw the mascot in net?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Not surprisingly, the Rampage have signed goalie Ben Halford to a PTO. He was formerly in Calgary’s system with the KC Mavs. I don’t know anything more about him at this point.

Fitzpatrick and Williams have been doing the San Antonio-Tulsa shuffle for a week or two, and there is no actual backup in Tulsa right now, with only an emergency goalie filling in and opening the bench door. With Husso potentially going down and Binnington in St. Louis, the situation is no longer tenable. This is really where having a healthy Opilka would be a great benefit. What an unfortunate situation that ended up being.

But it also really depends on what our objectives for the rest of the season end up being. I’m not sure that trading for an AHL goalie prospect at this point is worth it necessarily, and filling that space with a PTO might be the best case. If, knock on wood, Fitzpatrick, Binnington or Allen go down, we’ll be in an entirely different conversation altogether. I’d prefer not to waste a draft pick on a goalie that isn’t in our future plans just to fill a gap. But we still need to win games.

There really isn’t much else to be done right now but hope that the injuries stop here, and Husso isn’t out long-term.

Edit:

In other words: ruh-roh

Last edited:

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Not only is Jake not producing offensively, he is a disaster with the puck in the defensive zone.

So...that's fun.

Reinke has been putting points on the board. I know you were less than impressed at the start. Has he been showing improvement on the defensive end in the last month or so?

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Reinke has been putting points on the board. I know you were less than impressed at the start. Has he been showing improvement on the defensive end in the last month or so?

Absolutely. Complete 180. He stopped with the risky stuff, figured out the speed of the pro game, and has been the best two way defenseman on the team in the last 20 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce