Jordan Kyrou $850
Bobby MacIntyre $850
Jakub Jerabek $650
Jake Walman $900
Zach Sanford $1300
Ryan Olsen $650
Conner Bleackley $ 650
Nolan Stevens $650
T-Bone $1300 (Goes to a different charity)

Total: $20,250

This auction was to help the Junior Rampage hockey team.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
He has simplified his game and stopped playing high risk defense. Leads to less offense than I was expecting, but he's been quietly good for the last month or so. Very good skater, with good puck skills and a good (but inaccurate) shot.
Good to know. At this point developing his defensive game and being consistent from shift to shift is more important than producing offense which will come as he matures given his superior skating ability to create space exiting his own zone. Thanks for the feedback.

Reactions: cardinalnation

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Kyrou scores again. Point streak at 8 games.

EDIT: And ends the night with 8 shots on net. He's 100% an AHL superstar. Now he just needs to take that next step.

He’s performing better than I expected. I’d like to see him stay in the AHL this season, except for maybe a few games with the Blues near the end. Next year he should be ready to really contribute. Would be nice to have Tarasenko, Kyrou, and Perron on the right side for years to come.

Reactions: stl76 and Alklha

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
According to Rampage Twitter, they pulled Husso for the extra attacker when it was 1-1 late in the third. What was that all about?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I'm praying we can squeeze a 2nd out of a team at the TDL for Bouw or Gunnar and use it to draft Knight, Jones, or Søgaard.

Those are all very, very good picks. His WJCU20 performance could (hopefully) tank Sogaard’s draft stock, but he has had a very terrific season in the WHL this year. Like, unprecedented for a 17-yo good. Hunter Jones is also getting shelled and holding up well. The good news is that this year is loaded up with goalies; the best I can remember since I started seriously following prospects in 2011. 2017 being the only close challenger, but this goalie class looks to be better in the early going.

We should be going into this draft with the expectation of getting a 1A goalie as a priority. 1A goalie, defensive help, and a swifter corps of forwards. We’ve been trying to thread that needle for years with middling success, but there should really be no excuse this year unless we are giving up yet another top-15 pick. Which imo could be a legitimately fireable offense, but I digress.

With that said... don’t sleep on Hofer. For a guy to be holding onto a .900 sv% in as strong of a WHL class as we’ve seen in a long long time, while seeing 40+ shots a game, not to mention his pro size, we should be excited that we’ve got his rights.

Reactions: stl76 and Zamadoo

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Husso left the game with a lower body injury when they were 5-2 down in the third, so Fitzpatrick got his AHL debut.

Kyrou had 2 goals, so he is 8-9-17 & +6 in his last 9.
I wish I had AHL live so I could watch this. When I watch replays of his goals and assists, he's right in the middle of it. He's not getting lucky shots deflected off the pants or secondary assists. He's picking corners and finding guys wide open back door. Close to 2 PPG in the OHL, above a PPG in the AHL despite starting with like 1 point in his first 7 games, Team Canada's leading scorer at the WJCs. He's done pretty much everything a prospect can do. Sending him to the AHL seems like the right decision. I'd still like to see him back up here if we get officially eliminated from the playoffs, but dominating the AHL can't be a bad thing for his development.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I wish I had AHL live so I could watch this. When I watch replays of his goals and assists, he's right in the middle of it. He's not getting lucky shots deflected off the pants or secondary assists. He's picking corners and finding guys wide open back door. Close to 2 PPG in the OHL, above a PPG in the AHL despite starting with like 1 point in his first 7 games, Team Canada's leading scorer at the WJCs. He's done pretty much everything a prospect can do. Sending him to the AHL seems like the right decision. I'd still like to see him back up here if we get officially eliminated from the playoffs, but dominating the AHL can't be a bad thing for his development.
He should have started in the AHL, the biggest thing for him this season was learning how to produce against pro players. If he can continue at the better than PPG pace in the AHL for another month or two then there is a legitimate argument for him to get a chance in the NHL, irrespective of where we are in the standings.

I just have no interest in seeing him called up as some sort of "reward". If we don't plan on giving him an extended opportunity on a scoring line, just leave him in the AHL.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
He should have started in the AHL, the biggest thing for him this season was learning how to produce against pro players. If he can continue at the better than PPG pace in the AHL for another month or two then there is a legitimate argument for him to get a chance in the NHL, irrespective of where we are in the standings.

I just have no interest in seeing him called up as some sort of "reward". If we don't plan on giving him an extended opportunity on a scoring line, just leave him in the AHL.
I think Kryou earned his spot fair and square, but that rookie 4th line concept was a disaster. When the team started to struggle, he should have been sent down more quickly to get bigger minutes. I guess they were trying to give him a chance to acclimate, but in hindsight he just needed lots of minutes.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'd love that but don't we own our own 2nd this year? I think Buff has ours next year.
We do have our own, but generally I would rather not use such a high pick on a goalie unless we have another.

Wouldn’t necessarily be upset if we did tho...just HAVE to get it right because goalies can be voodoo and there will still be some very good skaters on the board.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
We do have our own, but generally I would rather not use such a high pick on a goalie unless we have another.

Wouldn’t necessarily be upset if we did tho...just HAVE to get it right because goalies can be voodoo and there will still be some very good skaters on the board.

I really love what I hear about Spencer Knight. I have a feeling someone might trade up to get him at the end of round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad