All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sounds like Kyrou is getting his pro legs under him. Havnt watched any games but he's putting up points every night it seems

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Kyrou with another goal. Ripped a one timer from the slot. I’d rather he stay there for at least a couple months. Build on this confidence.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
By being the best defender in his own zone and preventing goals while on the ice.

He's been their best defensive player and it's not even close.
Do you see him being ready for NHL? Could he handle 3rd pair role and maybe even PK icetime? Compare we've guy like Jbo/Gunnar/Bortuzzo/Schmaltz playing that spot.

And what spesific areas Mikkola should improve?

Last edited:

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Well, Kostin had 17 pm in the first period, so there’s that. 0-0 after 1.

It was all from one incident. According to Rampage Twitter, Mack Mac got hit hard, so Kostin fought the guy in turn. 2 for instigating + 5 for fighting + 10 for game misconduct. Fighting majors canceled, so it was only a 2 minute PP, and Klim out for the rest of the game. Not going to knock Klim for it though. We could use a guy here who sticks up for his teammates.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Looks like Kyrou has really picked it up in the AHL after a bit of an adjustment period. Also happy to hear that Mikkola has been very good defensively, we haven't seen much of that on the Blues this season.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
It was all from one incident. According to Rampage Twitter, Mack Mac got hit hard, so Kostin fought the guy in turn. 2 for instigating + 5 for fighting + 10 for game misconduct. Fighting majors canceled, so it was only a 2 minute PP, and Klim out for the rest of the game. Not going to knock Klim for it though. We could use a guy here who sticks up for his teammates.

Just a quick note that it was only a 10 minute misconduct. Klim played the second and third, but for some reason was nowhere to be found in OT, where Bannister decided Poganski and Musil would be better options.

Side note to the side note: those two were on the ice for the gwg. Poganski decided to cheat on the passer, leaving his man wide open at the far post.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Do you see him being ready for NHL? Could he handle 3rd pair role and maybe even PK icetime? Compare we've guy like Jbo/Gunnar/Bortuzzo/Schmaltz playing that spot.

It's possible, sure. But since there is such a drastic difference between the two leagues, I'd be very cautious about it.

I'd like to see him shoot a bit more. He's got a sneaky good shot, but has either been told to holster it or is too conservative to use it.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
It's possible, sure. But since there is such a drastic difference between the two leagues, I'd be very cautious about it.

I'd like to see him shoot a bit more. He's got a sneaky good shot, but has either been told to holster it or is too conservative to use it.
This is my biggest critique of Kyrou. Not his away from the puck play - while it's not stellar it's not what is holding him back. He's been playing very conservatively, which, on it's own, is probably a good strategy for a player that doesn't want to be a defensive liability (since he knows that will cut his ice time).

He has the ability to flat-out take over a game. He needs to be using all of his tools and turning on the jets as soon as the opportunity presents itself. He has the same problem as Tarasenko in a sense - he's trying to hard to be a complete player (good teammate, pass-first, conservative plays) when he just needs to be a dominant player. Tarasenko is best with a chip on his shoulder - Kyrou is too.

It's obvious that he has the ability to put it all together at at least the AHL level. He just has to start doing it. His more aggressive play has already started to pay off.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This is my biggest critique of Kyrou. Not his away from the puck play - while it's not stellar it's not what is holding him back. He's been playing very conservatively, which, on it's own, is probably a good strategy for a player that doesn't want to be a defensive liability (since he knows that will cut his ice time).

He has the ability to flat-out take over a game. He needs to be using all of his tools and turning on the jets as soon as the opportunity presents itself. He has the same problem as Tarasenko in a sense - he's trying to hard to be a complete player (good teammate, pass-first, conservative plays) when he just needs to be a dominant player. Tarasenko is best with a chip on his shoulder - Kyrou is too.

It's obvious that he has the ability to put it all together at at least the AHL level. He just has to start doing it. His more aggressive play has already started to pay off.
Nate was talking about Mikkola.

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015

I think he just needs more time in the AHL getting more minutes and keep adjusting to NA hockey. He seems to play a good amount of minutes but no way to tell since they don't track that in the A. Not saying he isn't ready but there's really no rush for him right now unless absolutely necessary. I think you call him up at the end especially once San Antonio is done assuming they don't make their playoffs. I'm thinking he makes the roster next year barring any moves and we don't resign Gunny or Bo.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
A little late to the party (sorry gang), but we need some last second picks for the @RWtHLive @SARampage First Goal Contest. The boys take on Grand Rapids in 22 minutes, so get those picks in now!

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Kostin - not because I think he will, but that’s what I want. Really really badly.

Yr9GXPF.gif

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I've been slacking at the @SARampage first goal contest, and it may take me until Christmas break to get the standings updated, but it is time to make your picks for tonight's game against the division leading Wild. Who ya got, fam?
I'm going with Blais.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad