All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Already down 1-0 less than a minute into the game. I’ve only seen three games, but it seems this team is as bad as their record indicates.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
3-0 15 minutes in. I think I’ll do something else with my night :laugh:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Husso sucks. 4 goals on 13 shots. JB gives the, two solid outings and they run right back to Husso. Just like they do with Allen.

We may need to bring in a better goalie coach and maybe just maybe Mgt, shouldn’t anoint a goalie until he proves something.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Worst record in the league and lose 8-1. Too early to think about firing the AHL coach too?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So if Husso is SA's Allen, is Jerabek their JBo? :)
No, it looks like he's played fine. San Antonio has way bigger problems than Jerabek.

We need some RD prospects sooner than later. Pietrangelo, Parayko and Schmaltz are getting older and Bortuzzo can't stay healthy. I hope it's a priority at our next draft.
Saying Pietrangelo, Parayko and Schmaltz are "getting older" is an insane stretch. You do realize they are 28, 25, and 25 right? I mean, everyone "gets older" each year but we have 4 quality NHL RHD. All under the age of 29. I understand wanting to have depth at every position, but anyone we draft will be blocked for a while. And signing a bottom pairing defenseman usually isn't that hard. It's just not a concern.

Reactions: Blueston

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
We had so much excitement for this team.
They were described as “stacked”, “loaded”, “primed for a breakout with Bannister at the helm”.

This team sucks.

Meanwhile, the Chicago Wolves are rockin’!

Maybe the St. Louis Blues organization actually stinks.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
No, it looks like he's played fine. San Antonio has way bigger problems than Jerabek.

Saying Pietrangelo, Parayko and Schmaltz are "getting older" is an insane stretch. You do realize they are 28, 25, and 25 right? I mean, everyone "gets older" each year but we have 4 quality NHL RHD. All under the age of 29. I understand wanting to have depth at every position, but anyone we draft will be blocked for a while. And signing a bottom pairing defenseman usually isn't that hard. It's just not a concern.
I guess I should have worded that better. The point I was trying to make, is that with Bortuzzo out, if one more RD goes down, the next call up is Mitch Reinke. I am not exactly brimming with confidence about that.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I guess I should have worded that better. The point I was trying to make, is that with Bortuzzo out, if one more RD goes down, the next call up is Mitch Reinke. I am not exactly brimming with confidence about that.
Well I don't think the Blues would call up Reinke. I bet they'd call up Mikkola, Walman, Butler or Jerabek and just play one of the lefties on their off-side which isn't that big of a deal.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Well I don't think the Blues would call up Reinke. I bet they'd call up Mikkola, Walman, Butler or Jerabek and just play one of the lefties on their off-side which isn't that big of a deal.
I don't either. He's having trouble defending on 3rd pairing in The AHL. He might be better served by playing in The ECHL.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ohh that was a pretty goal by Kostin. Lowers the shoulder goes to the net, backhand forehand slide it past the goalie. More of that, please.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wtf is going on with the Rampage this season? They can't be THIS bad can they?
In the games I’ve seen(3 losses) they look every bit as bad as their record indicates. Just simple things like wingers being on the boards and available for a breakout pass, transitioning the puck to the weak side of the ice for easier movement, wingers pressuring the puck at the point in the defensive zone etc. they’re not doing. Offensively they’ve been a mess. Lots of one and done(none and done) rushes, cycles along the boards without ever even attempting to get the puck to the middle, point shots off shin pads etc. I’ve only seen three games, but from what I’ve seen they’re a mess and deserve their record.

Sammy Blais appears to have given up honestly. He should be a star in the AHL but he doesn’t compete at all. I don’t think the coach is doing a great job, but his individual skill and experience in the AHL should allow him to consistently produce but he’s not. Maybe he’s getting chances and is just snake bitten, but he’s been a total nonfactor in the games I’ve seen.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I was worried with the Bannister hire initially, and needless to say, I still am worried at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad