WJC: All-star team & Awards

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Meh, you can find a goal like that for every single D in the league. Over the entire tournament he was generally good defensively.

Well it kinda stands out when it's the goal that knocks your team out. It was no-doubt the defining moment of the tournament for Sweden. But whatever, you gotta spread the awards around and he had points.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Meh, you can find a goal like that for every single D in the league. Over the entire tournament he was generally good defensively.

You kind of expect your best defensemen to step up in the biggest games, Romanov did this two years in a row now.

I know the WJ has no bearing on a players future (i.e. you can have a bad tournament and still succeed) but it is very positive to see Romanov step up big time back-to-back years.

Reactions: Kamiccolo

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
You kind of expect your best defensemen to step up in the biggest games, Romanov did this two years in a row now.

I know the WJ has no bearing on a players future (i.e. you can have a bad tournament and still succeed) but it is very positive to see Romanov step up big time back-to-back years.
I mean Sandin had 4 points in that game lol Does that not count as "stepping up big time" or was a hat trick needed?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Fair enough. Like anything two good players with qualities to like in each

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Well it kinda stands out when it's the goal that knocks your team out. It was no-doubt the defining moment of the tournament for Sweden. But whatever, you gotta spread the awards around and he had points.

And without Sandin's 10 points, maybe Sweden doesn't medal. It goes both ways. This is an incredibly biased take. It's like saying Lidstrom shouldn't have won a Norris because he was beat on a play in the season. :laugh:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Thanks for clarifying. Here I was thinking he would be a #1 OA generational D. Of course I don't mean exactly I mean the debate is the exact same arguments and they play the same style.

Lol I know you know, just playing.

Sandin and Romanov are both legit for sure

Reactions: Kamiccolo

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Special mention.

82423050_10157784252327317_3058938492043132928_n.jpg

Jan 21, 2018

Tell you what, Russians get an extra goal for the Dudas/camera fiasco.

But lets go ahead and remove the pp goal on the bullshit hayton penalty.

According to my calculations, Russia still loses.

Get over it, refs weren’t perfect by any means but they were consistent. Russia only has themselves to blame for losing up 3-1 with the game winding down, just like Canada deserved to lose in Buffalo a few years back.

The two best teams made it to the final and naturally the score was close, why can’t we just appreciate what an amazing hockey game it was instead of trying to make it seem like bs calls caused Russia to lose.

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

Rygu

Dec 24, 2017
B.C.
Tell you what, Russians get an extra goal for the Dudas/camera fiasco.

But lets go ahead and remove the pp goal on the bull**** hayton penalty.

According to my calculations, Russia still loses.

Get over it, refs weren’t perfect by any means but they were consistent. Russia only has themselves to blame for losing up 3-1 with the game winding down, just like Canada deserved to lose in Buffalo a few years back.

The two best teams made it to the final and naturally the score was close, why can’t we just appreciate what an amazing hockey game it was instead of trying to make it seem like bs calls caused Russia to lose.
Huh? It's just a funny pic I am Canadian and cheered for Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad