All Purpose Trade / Roster Building Thread V - We have no goalies?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I mentioned something around Laine earlier. I don't know what gets it done for CBJ....Maybe Nino + 1st? Keku flips Nino for another 1st at the TDL? or if they want a center Suzuki + 1st.

This PP would be sick

Svech - Aho - TT
Laine (in the Ovi spot) and ADA
Some say that Laine has been figured out. But I still think that opponents' D-men would steal at him, and that would make room for the other guys.

Who would pass and pass and pass at each other.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Would Vegas move Reilly Smith for something?
Would we add Kadri to our team of Jerks?
Fiala from the Wild?
Palmeiri would be interesting. Or Beauvillier?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Only if Kessel agrees to switch the hot dog diet and join the Brind'Amour training regimen. An odd couple, sure, but maybe it pans out? IDK.
My argument for it is that he'd probably come at a fairly low cost, is UFA after the year so there's no massive long-term commitment, and he brings the experience of having won a Cup. Could work if we don't have any other options.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Anyone have interest in Kessel if we don't acquire Tarasenko?
Definitely would be a solid low key pickup. My impression has always been that he's more playmaker than scorer but the numbers don't actually play that out. Would be one of the more entertaining options at the very least, not sure how much he has left in the tank though.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Definitely would be a solid low key pickup. My impression has always been that he's more playmaker than scorer but the numbers don't actually play that out. Would be one of the more entertaining options st the very least, not sure how much he has left in the tank though.

Part of it is that if he were to walk as a UFA next year, I want to watch the combined takes about Dundon being cheap and Kessel liking hot dogs. I think that would be entertaining.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Anyone have interest in Kessel if we don't acquire Tarasenko?

Not sure. He doesn't seem to have the type of game that would fit in the Canes system, but what do I know. Never seemed like a guy like that plays on the defensive side of the play.

Also noticed this when I went to look up Phil's contract. Arizona only has 4 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 0 goalies under contract next season. $31 million under contract. That's going to be an interesting follow on how all that plays out after a few years. Pretty crazy.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
Not sure. He doesn't seem to have the type of game that would fit in the Canes system, but what do I know. Never seemed like a guy like that plays on the defensive side of the play.

Also noticed this when I went to look up Phil's contract. Arizona only has 4 forwards, 2 defensemen, and 0 goalies under contract next season. $31 million under contract. That's going to be an interesting follow on how all that plays out after a few years. Pretty crazy.

They're going to be richly rewarded taking on bad contracts in perpetuity.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
What about Forsberg....there were rumors Nashville is rebuilding....he would not be buy low but is a physical top line winger with a good shot. Basically a perfect fit.

Reactions: TheBigLetowski

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Whats your's guys thoughts on what's happening with the D group?

Don't they currently have 8 one way deals on the books as of today?

Gardiner likely moved out in a forward deal?

Anybody else nervous that someone else could be on the move, a Pesce, or a Skjei? Could they be looking at a big trade, Eichel?

I couldn't imagine they would even entertain the idea of moving Pesce, but with the way things have gone this off-season who the f knows.

BullCityCaniac

Jul 29, 2021
Just want to point out the analytics aren't particularly high on Laine.

He doesn't bring much to a team's offense other than having a good shot from distance.

I'd rather have someone with a more complete game, though I do know finishing chances has been a problem, so I can see the appeal.

Reactions: DaveG

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Whats your's guys thoughts on what's happening with the D group?

Don't they currently have 8 one way deals on the books as of today?

Gardiner likely moved out in a forward deal?

Anybody else nervous that someone else could be on the move, a Pesce, or a Skjei? Could they be looking at a big trade, Eichel?

I couldn't imagine they would even entertain the idea of moving Pesce, but with the way things have gone this off-season who the f knows.
Not even slightly because there's no top-4 D to replace them internally or FA, and they're on solid deals with term (which is a huge thing for the Borg). Likely it means Gards is out via trade, buyout, or IR concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad