OT: All-Purpose Sports Thread IV - EDWIN BAT DROP EDITION (NFL, MLB, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ugh. Left the bar early thinking that the Jays had this one in the bag, now stuck watching Gameday updates.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Eagles in 1st place in the mighty NFC East... Didn't watch looks like it was a turnover filled game.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
They probably should have used Dickey in KC. Dickey is terrible indoors.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I had a feeling maybe they should have bumped the rotation up on short rest to avoid throwing Dickey. But I guess he deserved the start after his showing in Texas.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah. I think Dickey earned his start... just feel like maybe we should have gone with him in KC. Although probably would have thrown everyone else out of whack.

Honestly though, we knew pitching was the weak point of the team. Just have to hope we can still win it with the bats.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yeah. I think Dickey earned his start... just feel like maybe we should have gone with him in KC. Although probably would have thrown everyone else out of whack.

Honestly though, we knew pitching was the weak point of the team. Just have to hope we can still win it with the bats.

That's right. Just think if we didn't have Stroman in the line up at all. The Cecil injury really hampers our bullpen too and reduces us to a pretty darn average pen.

This offseason, we need to sign a proven ace (Price or otherwise, doesn't matter to me) and shore up the pen with middle lefties IMO. Our fielders are set, especially with Travis coming back.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
That's right. Just think if we didn't have Stroman in the line up at all. The Cecil injury really hampers our bullpen too and reduces us to a pretty darn average pen.

This offseason, we need to sign a proven ace (Price or otherwise, doesn't matter to me) and shore up the pen with middle lefties IMO. Our fielders are set, especially with Travis coming back.

Without Stroman we'd be winning 15-10 with Hutchinson right? (granted with Stroman we won 11-8...):laugh:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
12-2 now.... :shakehead

What a terrible game from the pitchers. Dickey really let the team down, but that 7th inning from the bullpen was atrocious and it really killed any chance they had of making a comeback.

They aren't coming back in this series imo, KC is just too good to lose three games in a row.

Was fun while it lasted! Go Jays!

littleD

Going to be interesting to see what the Jays, or any other team, offer Estrada.

32 years old, first season with more than 10 wins. Never had more than 7 wins.

Salary this year was $3.9 million. If they were to give him a qualifying offer, the QO would be $15.8 million for one year. Would you give him $10-$12 million over multiple years?

Also interested to see if Josh Donaldson gets a long term deal, or if they continue with arbitration. $4.3 million this year for the probable MVP, that's a pretty good deal for Toronto.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Going to be interesting to see what the Jays, or any other team, offer Estrada.

32 years old, first season with more than 10 wins. Never had more than 7 wins.

Salary this year was $3.9 million. If they were to give him a qualifying offer, the QO would be $15.8 million for one year. Would you give him $10-$12 million over multiple years?

Also interested to see if Josh Donaldson gets a long term deal, or if they continue with arbitration. $4.3 million this year for the probable MVP, that's a pretty good deal for Toronto.

That qualifying offer structure is so bizarre.

As awesome as Estrada has been, that's probably too much salary for him especially if its long term, considering how many pitchers the Jays need to sign. He's had an awesome season but as you mention there's a lot of question marks.

Huge win last night, this sets up for an interesting weekend. Win or Lose this has been an incredible year to be a Jays fan. My prediction is Price steps up bigtime in game six, the hitters hit and they force a game seven. Then Stroman/Cueto for game 7 leads to a bush party.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Price might just be the weakest link in our pitching this post-season. Two homers in the two first innings is unacceptable for our so-called ace.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Mr. Price better shut these guys out for the rest of this game after spotting the Royals two runs right out the gate. Really disappointed in that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad