OT: All-Purpose Sports Thread IV - EDWIN BAT DROP EDITION (NFL, MLB, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Goins called for it trying to make an over the shoulder catch then... fell down. Like... good grief. Such a momentum shift, and now we gotta score off the bullpen.

Deep breaths. I thought we had this one in the bag.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Total choke job in this game.

I hate this "Jays choke" thing, but they totally are this game. Goins with the epic error (that was somehow ruled a hit.. what?) and Price couldn't recover after striking out the side the previous inning.

Also, Gibby is leaving pitchers in too long. Price should have been gone after 3-3, now Loup with 2 straight walks while Lowe was warm(ing), and then gives up an RBI single after 12 straight balls.

Yikes.

Doesn't help that Kansas' bullpen is way better than ours...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I hate this "Jays choke" thing, but they totally are this game. Goins with the epic error (that was somehow ruled a hit.. what?) and Price couldn't recover after striking out the side the previous inning.

Also, Gibby is leaving pitchers in too long. Price should have been gone after 3-3, now Loup with 2 straight walks while Lowe was warm(ing), and then gives up an RBI single after 12 straight balls.

Yikes.

Doesn't help that Kansas' bullpen is way better than ours...

Gibbons has left Price in too long three times in these playoffs.

I don't care if it's your ace, you take him out once KC ties it up. But nope, left him there for two more runs. Ugghhh.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Gibby pulls Price earlier if we still have Cecil. Without Cecil he figured he'd let him face a few lefties. He didn't pitch badly either, just balls finding the holes.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
That's harsh; he may be responsible for one baserunner, but they scored 5 runs in that inning.

He's a baller. If you've played the game long enough, you know how your mistake can cause a waterfall effect.

It's like a goalie letting in one weak goal giving the other team momentum and the team craps itself in front of him shortly after resulting in a loss. The goalie still blames himself for giving them life.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Epic power trip by the home plate ump just now - tossed Tulo after making terrible calls on Tulo and Martin low and away.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Wow, umps throwing Tulo out of the game.

There had better been some very disrespectful things being said by him, because this is a highly impactful decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad