OT: All-Purpose Sports Thread IV - EDWIN BAT DROP EDITION (NFL, MLB, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jays Royals Showdown starts Friday.
Makings of a great series

J-A-Y-S Jays,Jays,Jays

How 'bout Bautista and that crazy run allowed.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Royals Blue Jays, as I predicted, rematch of 1985, hopefully the Jays get the win this time, should be a good series.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
What an awesome game! Would have been quite the story had it stayed 3-2 though. Imagine losing that way.. LOL

I don't cheer for Toronto teams at all usually, but the Jays are different, they really tried the past few years to get people from all over the country to root for them. I met a bunch of the players at a Sens game a few years ago and it was really neat how they went out of their way to mention how proud they were to play in Canada and have a whole nation backing them.

Go Jays!

Can't wait for KC, that will be one hell of a series. Ventuuuuuuraaaaa, we're coming for you!

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
1474221851389384998.gif

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That bat flip/toss was about the most bad@$$ move of all time. The baseball purists don't like it, but too bad. It cements Joey Bats' status as one of the greatest Jays of all time. Regardless of whatever else happens, that will always stand as one of the most epic moments in franchise history...

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Loved Joey Bats' response to Rosenthal post-game, when the latter tried to compare his blast last night to Jumpin Joe Carter's in the World Series...

(paraphrasing) - Bautista: "Well, that one Carter's) was a walk off to win the World Series, so... "

No matter what, I yelled pretty loud when he smashed that homer... was watching on delayed PVR, so the neighbours may have been a bit confused as to why the grown man was screaming in his house...

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I love it. Also pumped the haters hoping for a 'choke' didn't get their way.

And I agree... Jose's reaction was total badassery.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Game 1: Marco Estrada/Edinson Volquez
Game 2: David Price/Yordano Ventura
Game 3: Marcus Stroman/Johnny Cueto
Game 4: R.A. Dickey/?

Kris Medlen is the name I saw in one article as a potential Game 4.

I'd personally swap Price and Estrada.
Don't want to do Price and Stroman back to back just because they're both power pitchers. That was part of the problem with Games 1 and 2 against Texas...they got to just keep seeing more of the same.

Plus then it lines up (if necessary) Games 5,6,7 to be Price/Estrada/Stroman

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Don't want to do Price and Stroman back to back just because they're both power pitchers. That was part of the problem with Games 1 and 2 against Texas...they got to just keep seeing more of the same.

If Price goes after Estrada he would (finally!) be on a normal 4-day rest. I realize he only threw 50 pitches, but still some return to normalcy might be exactly what Price needs. He hasn't been on since that long layoff.

Also, even though Price and Stroman are both power pitchers, one is a lefty and the other a righty, so I'm not too concerned about them giving the same look to the Royals hitters.

In terms of sequencing, going after Estrada might be exactly what Price needs. Estrada will put them to sleep with his weak fastballs... :D

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Good point. Estrada between them would be good

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
Dan Patrick interviewed Geddy Lee (RUSH- lead singer bassist) who was at the last Jays game... asked him if the crowd got a lil crazy.. Geddy " Yeah , it was a little scary, but I preferred to think of the idiots throwing things on the field as more of a bunch of overly frustrated Leaf's fans "....lol

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Jays completely shut down in game 1.

Quite the cold shower after that insane game 5 to get here. Good thing this is a 4 out of 7.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Ya that was a hell of a clinic the Royals throwers put on. And apparently Volquez was throwing at his hardest ever (97 with insane movement instead of 94-95). I don't blame the Jays, except for maybe not converting in the 6th.

Nice to have a chance to get right back in it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->