Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I'm guessing Tuulola had a gaff on final goal or earlier in game and or just not good once inserted?

He should have held his guy against the boards or done SOMETHING on the final goal.
Not his fault that the guy was wide open in front, but he was the defender on the player who passed the puck.

And he was just terrible. But he was kinda thrown into the fire in this round. That's why I'm willing to give him another shot. But holy shit he was awful

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
He should have held his guy against the boards or done SOMETHING on the final goal.
Not his fault that the guy was wide open in front, but he was the defender on the player who passed the puck.

And he was just terrible. But he was kinda thrown into the fire in this round. That's why I'm willing to give him another shot. But holy **** he was awful
Still mad at Anisimov 2 springs ago when he did a fly by on Stastny along the boards and then directed puck toward the net where Brouwer double swiped it into the net. Kinda like the same scenario you painted. Thanks for being so Courteous...err, Courtney

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Sounds like Olofsson was at Old Market Omaha during the mass shooting yesterday

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Can you guys give me some insight into Hawks players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Alex Debrincat
Blake Hillman
Matthew Highmore
Carl Dahlstrom
Dylan Sikura
Victor Ejdsell
David Kampf
Collin Delia
Jan Rutta
Jeff Glass

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Great news on HJ. Am thinking the Hawks are pretty confident that he qualifies for playing in the A. And that's a great thing. Little to gain by staying in the WHL.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
According to Scott Powers, because Jokiharju was technically under loan to the WHL from Liiga when he was drafted, Jokiharju is AHL eligible this year. Haven't heard it anywhere else, though.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone else expecting Mitchell to sign as well with Montgomery leaving Denver?

I would 100% sign him now and not risk him saying.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Anyone else expecting Mitchell to sign as well with Montgomery leaving Denver?

I would 100% sign him now and not risk him saying.

I thought it was possible. I sort of felt like if it was going to happen it would have already, but I guess it's still pretty early in the summer and signing do occur around and after the draft so, I guess I can't say it's off the table at this point.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I thought it was possible. I sort of felt like if it was going to happen it would have already, but I guess it's still pretty early in the summer and signing do occur around and after the draft so, I guess I can't say it's off the table at this point.

Agreed.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Can you guys give me some insight into Hawks players who made their NHL debut last season? Specifically what type of player they are, if they have an NHL future and what role they project as in the long-term. Thanks!

Alex Debrincat
Blake Hillman
Matthew Highmore
Carl Dahlstrom
Dylan Sikura
Victor Ejdsell
David Kampf
Collin Delia
Jan Rutta
Jeff Glass
Nobody want to answer the kind Preds fans question? Damn are some of you cold! Guess I'll just have to do my best.

Hillman/Dahlstrom: Both big, stay at home types that lack mobility and high upside. Either could make the NHL, but neither deserves to on a permanent basis for at least another year (maybe two). They probably top out at #5s.

Highmore: Fast, hard working, checking line C/W. Won't put up much for points and is likely a year away IMO from being a permanent fixture on any NHL team. Might become a fan favorite simply because his game translates into being an awesome future PKer, not to mention his awesome last name.

Sikura: Fast, highly skilled playmaking winger (who has a history at center, though probably wont ever stick there). Has a good shot to boot. He's pretty scrawny, so battles along the board and in front of the net won't likely ever be his forte. His NHLe is projected to be at around 50pts next season, so he can very easily be a guy that can play top 6 wing for us with the right linemates.

Ejdsell: You should know him well. Big Swede who skates pretty well, albeit a bit lanky. Good hands and a decent shot. Put up a ton of points in Rockford's long playoff run, but he was riding an insane shooting percentage (I want to say I remember it being around 40%). He was moved from center to wing during those playoffs, so it's hard to know what the organization feels is his best position. I think he gets a shot at 3C if we trade Anisimov and if a guy like Dominik Kahun (German UFA we signed recently) doesn't snatch the spot up. If he doesn't get that spot, I'd say he at worst winds up at 4LW.

Kampf: He was a good 4C for us. Fast, constantly forchecking, killed penalties, was our best faceoff guy outside Toews. Hard to see him having enough skill to be in the top 9, but he could become a faster Kruger for us.

Delia: What a whirlwind of a year for that guy. Started the year in the ECHL rocking a save percentage under .900, gets recalled to Rockford after Crawford and Jeff Glass both go down with injuries at around the same time, struggles in Rockford for nearly a month until he figures it out (for lack of a better phrase), gets to eventually play two games for the Hawks and not look any worse than any of our goalies not named Crawford or Foster (the legend). Delia then did awesome in the AHL playoffs until he ran into a hot Stars team. CD might be ready for backup duty in the NHL, but Hawks can't afford to take a chance on a kid like that after all the health issues Crawford has had to endure. So CD might not make it as a backup in the NHL for a few more years.

Rutta: Fast, big, strong, two-way defensemen was a good way to describe him when he was healthy. Unfortunately, he hit the injury bug quite hard. Not sure what it was, but he got injured, I want to say December, and had a few times when he'd play a few games and then be scratched due to injuries. He had issues finding a comfort level at that point, and his play regressed a bit. At his best, he was about a #3 in this league, while the injury plagued version of him was closer to a #5.

Glass: 30-something AHL goalie that had a good first few games due to the league not knowing anything about him. He regressed big time after just a week or two and might not get another chance in this league.

DeBrincat: I saved the best for last. The sky is the limit for him. He's short (5ft7), but has a low center of gravity, so he's not the easiest to knock off the puck. Skates better than advertised. Has arguably the best wrister in the league; able to get an accurate and hard shot off in a blink of an eye. Is sneaky good at positioning and has taught himself how to fire a puck no matter his body position. He's quietly an awesome playmaker as well. Like I said earlier, his speed is decent. But if he improves it still, basically the only thing he can improve at outside of maybe confidence and experience, he'll become even more lethal. Would not surprise me if he hits 70pts next year provided Q puts him on the PP for the full season and in a top 6 role (things Q did not do all that much this past season).

I think that pretty much covers all of them. Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad