Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v9.0: IceHogs/Fuel/NCAA/Jr./Int'l - Too Many Cooks in Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Playing the Texas Stars next. But I was really hoping to get a chance to see then had the Tucson Roadrunners won

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Colliton is so good he may be one of the best 3 coaches in hockey history! I hope he can one day be so good that he can join that rarified air with... our current coach everyone hates.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Forsling not playing much?
Hes well and used defensively still, those lines above are mainly right yet I'm not sure the icetime order reflects it for sure. I know he pks a lot often with Dahlstrom and they both started and played together in one game this series.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Now y'all understand my fit about Delia.

Edj has been incredible during the postseason. Bouma is a fantastic player for the Hogs. Sikky has been awesome. Dahlstrom had an AWESOME game last night. Kampf is pretty good on the FO's. Johnson is just one of my favorite players. He does all of the little things right and can contribute on the board. Think Kruger without the stupidly good FO #'s.

I'm hoping Delia has a legit shot at pushing Forsberg to the A this coming preseason. The last thing we need is our #2G being penciled in already and I like what I see from Delia.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'm hoping Delia has a legit shot at pushing Forsberg to the A this coming preseason. The last thing we need is our #2G being penciled in already and I like what I see from Delia.

Yeah, I've been saying for a few weeks now, hopefully Delia is the #1 of the future. And the step to becoming the regular backup would be a good one for this season. Having a reliable backup makes a huge difference.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah, I've been saying for a few weeks now, hopefully Delia is the #1 of the future. And the step to becoming the regular backup would be a good one for this season. Having a reliable backup makes a huge difference.

I’m wrestling with what’s better for him; being the Hogs starter to start the season next year getting all those minutes or being the Hawks backup and getting those NHL practice reps and 15-20 starts. This playoff run is excellent experience for him.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

Is he better playing a lot more frequently for Rockford or with the Hawks? Obviously, comes a time when he'll get little out of being in the A, but I don't think we're even close to there yet. And just as obviously, it all depends on the Hawks' goalie mix. But, yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Delia fares this preseason.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
True, but I don't think a reliable backup would have saved the season. That being said there is time to groom Delia *if* he steps it up.

Is he better playing a lot more frequently for Rockford or with the Hawks? Obviously, comes a time when he'll get little out of being in the A, but I don't think we're even close to there yet. And just as obviously, it all depends on the Hawks' goalie mix. But, yeah, it'll be interesting to see how Delia fares this preseason.
The important thing is that, assuming Crawford's back, there is not a guy penciled in for the backup slot. Whoever steps up there has to earn it. Further, I don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling the 'hawks will be much better next year--there were just too many broken pieces--core pieces--that Crawford masked, and when he went down subsequently exposed. So, that being said if the team is just incremental of this past season, there's no reason to Kiprusoff Crawford--outside of an exercise of futility the like of which is only seen by Wile E. Coyote.

The 'hawks could run a good, promising backup in extreme duress situations (i.e. playing behind our team D), in a 51-31 split and see what they got if Crawford is healthy--possibly a rorattion if we got multiple guys ready. If Crawford is not healthy we're proper effed, and might as well go into a rotation. Chances are we can't blag a goaltender with Crawford's numbers for cheap so suffice to say without all of the core players actually playing within smelling distance of a good year for them it's going to take a top-10 career goaltender to make any noise.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Edjsell has 7 shots through 7 games which is an abysmal shot rate. He is scoring at a 71% clip. Shot rates are a good predictor of player skill. That stat is not at all promising.
Ejdsell has 8pts in these last 7 playoffs games.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Edjsell has 7 shots through 7 games which is an abysmal shot rate. He is scoring at a 71% clip. Shot rates are a good predictor of player skill. That stat is not at all promising.

When used alone they tell you very little other than if the player is shoot or pass first.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Ejdsell playing center intrigues me...need to see more of him, but for those that have been following him this playoffs, is he playing down the middle at all or just wing? from what I have seen, competent player away from the puck, has the size to be a nice fit at center for us...3rd line center if we move out Anisimov and do not pick up a FA,

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Gotta take care of business at home. Probably need to win all 3 at home, at minimum 2 of them. Might try to get to the Thursday or Friday game if we can get a babysitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad