Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Drummondville wins in double OT to advance to the next round.

Love watching Beaudin. Always the smartest player on the ice when he's out there. Sees the ice differently than the other players.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
So are we thinking Krys is trade bait or is he the 7th until 2 is gone?
Depends how the others turn out, as the cynic in me doubts that all of our high-end defensive prospects will pan out exactly as we hope (though it certainly looks like that may happen!). I think Krys is a good option for us going forward; he has the potential to be a solid offensive #4 guy, but I don't know that he carries too much trade value.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Hey Hawks fans, I'm looking for some info on these players who made their debut this season. What type of players are they and what kind of NHL future do they have? Thanks!

Dominik Kahun
Jacob Nilsson
Luke Johnson
Alexandre Fortin
Dennis Gilbert

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Hey Hawks fans, I'm looking for some info on these players who made their debut this season. What type of players are they and what kind of NHL future do they have? Thanks!

Dominik Kahun
Jacob Nilsson
Luke Johnson
Alexandre Fortin
Dennis Gilbert
Kahun had a really strong rookie season. Definitely has a place in the NHL as a top 9 playmaker.

Jacob Nilsson didn't do a whole. I think he only played 1 game with us or something. Likely just an AHLer, but maybe develops into a 4th liner.

The only bigger liability for the Hawks this season then Luke Johnson was Brandon Manning. I was thrilled when he got banished to Rockford.

Fortin skates really fast, but his brain and hands can't keep up.

I missed the 1 game that Gilbert played with us, but I've seen some good reviews here from those that did.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Rockford down 3-0 to Iowa..

Guelph ties series with London 3-3 with 5-3 victory tonight in Guelph...forces hame 7 back in London..

Entwhistle 2 apples ...Boqvist 1 goal on a late PP to get score back to 4-3 Guelph but an entire goal seals the game for Guelph.

Entwhistle was very good in this game. .His primary assist on the Help first goal got them going after being down 1-0 ...London went to a 2-1 lead ...Guelph tied it and then Entwhistle got a secondary apple to start the play in the London zone to get Guelph on top 3-2 ..Guelph got a 4th goal..then Boqvist 's PP goal for London late but not enough and the entire goal made it 5-3 for the home team ..So we have a game 7 to decide the series...great series !

Boqvist played very well in this game defensively
.but perhaps too cations offensively did not take a lot of risky deep forays ...Last 3 games London forwards getting gout played by Guelph forwards,so a lot of Lindon scoring has to come from the back -end .. Boqvist scoring on PPS in recent games but I think the London d-corps including gbhim will gave to be more aggressive on attack to generate more chances in thev5x5 s...else Guelph forwards could win this series. .They put Entwhistle back on the top line with Suzuki and Ratcliffe and it paid off tonight. ..Suzuki with 1 g2a Entwhistle 3a and Ratcliffe 1g..They did not start the game that way and Guelph looked lethargic..After they made the switch to put Entwhistle back on the list e they got their 1st goal because Entwhistle made a great play battling behind the net to gain the puck back on the forecjeck then he made a great pass in finding an open Ratcliffe at the side of the net who tapoedbitbin to that open side ...Ratcliffe was the catalyst that got them going in the game because he player big boy hockey with a forecjeck behind the net to win a puck battle gain control and dish to an open man
.The stuff smirfs like Kruger cannot do or bigger guys like Kamp do not have the hockeyvsensevand skill to get that puck to then open man in the right place to put it in the unguarded ipen side of the net..Hawks must find a pace for Entwhistle even it us just a 5th line role but they must use this typevpfvpkayervon regular shifts ..so what they need is a 4th line playing big boy go get the puck hockeyvsensevand have the skill to make scoring g outbox it..and such a line must get more than
token minutes. .Hawks need to roke 4 lines and insist they all play compete hard hockey ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Rockford in the big fail tonight. .skunked by the Hamburgler...oh the humanity! Eliminated from AHL playoffs..

Dylan Sikura with the old college try 6 shots in goal (Rockford total was only 25 shots...all stopped by Andrew Hammond)....

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Did you see this, AD?

This is disappointing. Understandable considering he's so close to graduating, but he could've given Delia a run for his money if he signed with us.

Still, we'll be favorites to land him next year. Hopefully he can have an awesome senior season and then sign with us right afterwards.

Reactions: AmericanDream

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I dont get why its disappointing. If anything the lack of Crawford or a legit go to signed after next season is a bigger draw to a top goalie ufa.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I dont get why its disappointing. If anything the lack of Crawford or a legit go to signed after next season is a bigger draw to a top goalie ufa.
he can literally step right in next season and be our starter in Rockford, then wait for the next year to be Delia's backup, someone else's back up or a shot at being the man like so many other kids have gotten this year...it is disappointing that he isn't starting his pro career now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad