Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
London blows a 3-0 series lead.

Entwhistle and Guelph move on.
Congrats to Entwistle.

Tough beats for Boqvist as he certainly did his job but his team shit the bed. I wonder if we'll see him at the U18s now? I think he's still eligible?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think Boqvist is too old for that tournament...Born Aug 15,2000...turned 18 before Dec. 31st ...or maybe the rule allows anyone younger than18 or turning 18 in the season the tournament is player to be eligible?Tournament part of 18/19 hockey season but in any case he turned 18 before season started in late Sept. UNLESS on or after Aug 15th is what they consider a start date for the season. .but really I cannot imagine he is eligible for this tournament ...am I wrong?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Could he go to the Worlds?

Quinn Hughes was there last year playing with the likes of Kane and DeBrincat for Team USA. Could Boqvist get a call from the Swedish team?

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Mitchell not signing this summer surely stings, Hawks might have to think about trading him if he doesn’t want to sign next summer either

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Mitchell not signing with us yet might be a blessing in disguise as long as he does end up signing with us in the end. Now the ice time in Rockford won't have to be split between as many D prospects next season. I count Krys, Carlsson, and Gilbert as legit NHL prospects deserving of top 4 AHL minutes, and Boqvist too if he leaves London.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Mitchell not signing with us yet might be a blessing in disguise as long as he does end up signing with us in the end. Now the ice time in Rockford won't have to be split between as many D prospects next season. I count Krys, Carlsson, and Gilbert as legit NHL prospects deserving of top 4 AHL minutes, and Boqvist too if he leaves London.
They have no RHD of clout incoming now though. If Boqvist is allowed to qualify as loaned and joins the ahl it could be nice and Joker hopefully is nhl full time. Maybe a RHD vet could be added but Andrew Campbell played right side paired with krys down the stretch a lot.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Trade Mitchell for a young forward
giphy.gif

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
They have no RHD of clout incoming now though. If Boqvist is allowed to qualify as loaned and joins the ahl it could be nice and Joker hopefully is nhl full time. Maybe a RHD vet could be added but Andrew Campbell played right side paired with krys down the stretch a lot.
You could always have one of those lefties learn to play on the right side. It's not that uncommon.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Boqvist can play in the world Men's Championship of course ...but too old u-18s which was the original post question. But do you really think Sweden would take him over many older vets ? Sure countries do invite either Junior phenoms likely to be top 3 picks or so or taken last draft case a very high top 3 pick ...but even these limited to usually 1 only ..but Boqvist I do not think qualifies as a phenom yet ...a lot of question about him being NHL ready ..Sweden probably does not waste a spit on a kid that even the club who drafted him thinks might not be in the NHL next season...There are too many Se.rdish vet den bot
H from the NHL and maybe AHL (Lucas Carlsson?) And even some from the SHL who merit consideration ahead of Boqvist.. Why invite him if he cannot play an impact role. .they would not use him as a 3rd pair guy or even a 2nd pairing guy..he would have to be using his best asset as a pp threat with his shot ..but they probably will not shove an NHL vet from the spotlight just to give a raw Jr. The lead prime time spot. ..I doubt they invite him just to "learn" from the experience on the bench as a 7th d..
..I would be shocked if Sweden asked him to be on their team..but Maybe next WHC in 2020...after another year in London or AHL expect him to become NHL ready and THEN he could get his invite .

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
While it sucks to not have Mitchell sign. It's not the end of the world. They will get him in the fold next year. Either by burning a year on his ELC. Or after another deep run for Denver, if the hawks are out of the play offs. Looking forward to see him play and dominate next year.

Reactions: bwana63

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
yes, Boqvist can play in the Worlds - need to be 18 to play without a waiver at time of tournament..he can play with the big boys if asked.

Will not be asked, juniors do not get to play unless they have Dahlin/Pettersson ability and play in a senior league.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Will not be asked, juniors do not get to play unless they have Dahlin/Pettersson ability and play in a senior league.
I would be shocked if he did get asked, Sweden has the depth to go full NHL roster at defense, or at least close to it. Jokiharju did make Finland so always a chance I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad