Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A peek at the 2020 draft gems as 17 yr old Cole Perfetti had 2g 2a in a Saginaw 7-2 win over Guelph ...and 17 yr old Marco Rossi had 2g 2a to lead Ottawa to a 6-4 comeback win over Oshawa (they were down 3 goals going into the 3rd period)..Ottawa is 9-0 now at home in playoffs.

These 2 small but skilled players (Perfetti is 5'10 and Rossi 5'9) have had terrific seasons are stars on their teams already..They will join Quentin Byfield as the 3 top OHL players for the 2020 draft. Factor in Lundell from Finland and the favourite for top pick ,Alexis Lafreniere from the QMJHL and that will be the likely top pool to highlight next year's entry draft.

No way Hawks get a shot at any of these unless we get key injuries or regression years from top players or goaltending p.Robles if CC o UT again or under performs or if Seabs gets even worse ND they still play him19 minutes a night (Nightmare on Madison)

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Stan shouldn't re-sign Johnson.
Do you want Rockford to suck? He totally should because they still need guys there and someone to be a multiple injury fill in depth body.

I think also they should try to get Holland to stay. They never are able to keep vets that are good year in and out to help their depth.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Do you want Rockford to suck? He totally should because they still need guys there and someone to be a multiple injury fill in depth body.

I think also they should try to get Holland to stay. They never are able to keep vets that are good year in and out to help their depth.
Only if Stan promises to never give him a call up.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Is Rockford getting a new coach next year? If it’s true that they sucked so bad from that, then I don’t want anymore prospects to learn bad habits.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Gravel named 1st star of the game yesterday as Halifax wins Game 7 in series with Drumondville by a 2-1 score...

Halifax goes on to play Rouyn Noranda Huskies for the QMJHL Championship in a best of 7...

Both teams are guaranteed a spot in the Memorial Cup for the CHL Championship ...because Halifax is in automatically being host team for the tournament ..Even if the Huskies lose the Q Final to Halifax they get in as Q runners up ...so both teams guaranteed a spot in the Memorial Cup no matter who wins or loses the Q Final.

So the Final in the Q really meaningless and especially so if the Q Champion is beaten by the Q lose when they play on the Memorial Cup unless that has no bearing on the ultimate Memorial Cup Winner should that Q team that lost to its Q rival still go on to win the Memorial Cup anyway by beating the WHL and OHL Champs in the round robin then beating whichever team of the other 3 who got to play them in the Final.

My point is that yes there will be a short bragging right for either the Mosseheads or the Huskies if they win their Q final to be one Q Champs. ..but it will be short-lived pride if they do not go on to win the whole shebang at the Memorial Cup ..and especially if they fail to advance to the final by losing to their own Q rival at the Memorial Cup whether in round Robin or the Final.

In this strange scenario you might think a team will avoid going "all out" to win the Q FINAL in order to avoid injuries and thus save their A efforts and body sacrifices for the real prize...the Memorial Cup...

Not saying this will happen...but it is human nature that if you know you are going to the big enchilada anyway,why out out above and beyond just to win a lesser prize?

Thus to me the Q Final series could be played by both teams with super caution to avoid injuries knowing the all in top effort has to be kept for the more important prize at the Memorial Cup.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Watching our boy Entwistle play live right now. I'll report back later.

EDIT: No way Suzuki is 5'11" like he's listed. Looks as big as DeBrincat.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Entwistle played center for most of the 1st. Then they moved him back to RW and he immediately got a primary assist.

DiPietro injured himself so that should make things easier on Guelph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->