Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Mitchell had only 1 good attack play on net ...otherwise looked like just another guy. ..nothing special about him off this game..did nothing to look like at "stud"...Did nothing to convince me he is resfy to step in the show and Crack Hawks blue line next season. ..Only 1 game but Mitchell did not standout ..Another overhyped Hawks prospect or just an average performance by him so an "off" night?Did not see any "greatness". He does not look like a "savuour" for our D...but even if an off night for him and he can do better he still was at least not incompetent like certain Hawks d-men have been this season...overall off this performance he does not look like a "difference-maker" ...I expected more rushing the puck and attack chances he should have he erased at this level which us not even as hard a level as the NHL.. I expected more leadership and direction by him ..Instead I saw a lot of conservative play and average mess. 1 pedestrian game from him...maybe. but honestly very little creativity ..defending was average..no better than any other Denver d-man..Thus was a big game..I do not think he "stepped up "to make a difference.I wanted to see more.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Mitchell had only 1 good attack play on net ...otherwise looked like just another guy. ..nothing special about him off this game..did nothing to look like at "stud"...Did nothing to convince me he is resfy to step in the show and Crack Hawks blue line next season. ..Only 1 game but Mitchell did not standout ..Another overhyped Hawks prospect or just an average performance by him so an "off" night?Did not see any "greatness". He does not look like a "savuour" for our D...but even if an off night for him and he can do better he still was at least not incompetent like certain Hawks d-men have been this season...overall off this performance he does not look like a "difference-maker" ...I expected more rushing the puck and attack chances he should have he erased at this level which us not even as hard a level as the NHL.. I expected more leadership and direction by him ..Instead I saw a lot of conservative play and average mess. 1 pedestrian game from him...maybe. but honestly very little creativity ..defending was average..no better than any other Denver d-man..Thus was a big game..I do not think he "stepped up "to make a difference.I wanted to see more.

Again this is wrong.

Reactions: Giovi

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

You are truly the King of small sample sizes. :laugh:

Reactions: Giovi and bwana63

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I usually read the first sentence or two, and that's it. That is usually all I need to see to know it's crap. Occasionally he has a solid post, but it's rare.

He’s like Adam Dunn, sure he has one HR of a post every now and then but just about every other post is a strikeout.

Anyways, I take it Mitchell is ok after that headshot? Was it concerning or shocking he didn’t go into concussion protocol?

Reactions: TLEH and ChiHawks10

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So I give 1 criticism of Mitchell not having been special or outstanding in a big game lat night which was the truth and I get lambasted because Mitchell has been announced the Saviour by too many drinking the kool-aid of the Hawks wonderful scouting depth. HE is OK. .but no Saviour and is not way above many others we have in the pipeline for a D spot in the show -prospects...all are just that...prospects till they prove not suspects ...

Just saying I expected a better showing from him in such a big game ...he did not control play ..for such hype on him in the boards one expected a lot more ...not saying he had to score goals..but he should have directed attacks a lot more and his defending should have clearly stood out to be a lot better than other Denver dmen
..especially when UMASS threatened *and I am talking the 5x5 not the phoney 5x3 UMASS got on 1 pp or even the regular 1 man advantage on a UMASS pp.. I saw Several instances where Mitchell left position to chase a guy into the corner and that left can open guy right at the crease ...luckily UMASS only scored on 1 of these bad decisions by Mitchell the open guy scored..

I saw Mitchell nonchalantly almost put the puck into his own net when slowly trying to come out from behind his net with the puck to try to takenitbupnice.= careless.

I saw Mitchell skate with head down and get rocked with a head shot..again careless ..skate with head up to see the train coming ...taught that as a pee wee..careless...head literally nothing game..was "off"..

So anyone who claimsays I was wrong and Mitchell played some kind of great or even solid game methinks is delusional.I saw what I saw. IF YOU watched closely you too would have seen a lousy performance .

I do give him credit force ...only 1 brilliant attack move he made wherechevalmost scored..but 1 great play move in a game is outweighed by a host of poor play. ..out of position too many times both in own end and especially on fails by him to keep pucks in on Denver Power Plays. ..costing his team
Lolok he just did not have a very good game..the truth ...I do not blame him forcDebver'svloss of course..but he sure did not play to expected levels given all the hype on him.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So I give 1 criticism of Mitchell not having been special or outstanding in a big game lat night which was the truth and I get lambasted because Mitchell has been announced the Saviour by too many drinking the kool-aid of the Hawks wonderful scouting depth. HE is OK. .but no Saviour and is not way above many others we have in the pipeline for a D spot in the show -prospects...all are just that...prospects till they prove not suspects ...

Just saying I expected a better showing from him in such a big game ...he did not control play ..for such hype on him in the boards one expected a lot more ...not saying he had to score goals..but he should have directed attacks a lot more and his defending should have clearly stood out to be a lot better than other Denver dmen
..especially when UMASS threatened *and I am talking the 5x5 not the phoney 5x3 UMASS got on 1 pp or even the regular 1 man advantage on a UMASS pp.. I saw Several instances where Mitchell left position to chase a guy into the corner and that left can open guy right at the crease ...luckily UMASS only scored on 1 of these bad decisions by Mitchell the open guy scored..

I saw Mitchell nonchalantly almost put the puck into his own net when slowly trying to come out from behind his net with the puck to try to takenitbupnice.= careless.

I saw Mitchell skate with head down and get rocked with a head shot..again careless ..skate with head up to see the train coming ...taught that as a pee wee..careless...head literally nothing game..was "off"..

So anyone who claimsays I was wrong and Mitchell played some kind of great or even solid game methinks is delusional.I saw what I saw. IF YOU watched closely you too would have seen a lousy performance .

I do give him credit force ...only 1 brilliant attack move he made wherechevalmost scored..but 1 great play move in a game is outweighed by a host of poor play. ..out of position too many times both in own end and especially on fails by him to keep pucks in on Denver Power Plays. ..costing his team
Lolok he just did not have a very good game..the truth ...I do not blame him forcDebver'svloss of course..but he sure did not play to expected levels given all the hype on him.

No you got lambasted because what you said was not true. Mitchell had a bit impact on the game and he was good on D. You could tell how important he was to Denver.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
No you got lambasted because what you said was not true. Mitchell had a bit impact on the game and he was good on D. You could tell how important he was to Denver.

Did you watch the whole game? If so what do you think Mitchell could have done better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad