Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Did you watch the whole game? If so what do you think Mitchell could have done better?

I did. I think he could have been more aggressive in general. He played smart but sometimes you want him to take 1-2 more chances. While it was a head shot he came across the middle a little too willynilly for my liking, head needs to be on a swivel.

Reactions: RayP

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
I did. I think he could have been more aggressive in general. He played smart but sometimes you want him to take 1-2 more chances. While it was a head shot he came across the middle a little too willynilly for my liking, head needs to be on a swivel.
With you BK.
Have not seen Mitchell enough but basing on minimal viewing and expectation of reports, was expecting more last night.
He just seemed to be another guy out there.
Seems really solid on his skates for his size but will have to gain overall strength to be NHL effective, duh, very good Doug!
You can see the same in Jokiharju but to me, HJ seems smoother and a bit quicker as well.
Bottom line, just like HJ, will need AHL seasoning and the extra year of strength building.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
With you BK.
Have not seen Mitchell enough but basing on minimal viewing and expectation of reports, was expecting more last night.
He just seemed to be another guy out there.
Seems really solid on his skates for his size but will have to gain overall strength to be NHL effective, duh, very good Doug!
You can see the same in Jokiharju but to me, HJ seems smoother and a bit quicker as well.
Bottom line, just like HJ, will need AHL seasoning and the extra year of strength building.

He was not at "just another guy" level as he made plays every time he was on the ice but I want him to be more aggressive.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
I agree Mitchell needs to gain more confidence and really start playing aggressive because when he does he is a special player. I have seen a bunch of Denver games this season including 2 of them live and he seems to turn it on sometimes and really take over but most of the game he plays a really safe game and doesn’t try much. Just wish he would flip that switch more often

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I agree Mitchell needs to gain more confidence and really start playing aggressive because when he does he is a special player. I have seen a bunch of Denver games this season including 2 of them live and he seems to turn it on sometimes and really take over but most of the game he plays a really safe game and doesn’t try much. Just wish he would flip that switch more often
He definitely prefers playing a reliable and safe game even though he's capable of flipping that switch. I don't see it as a problem because at least you don't have to worry about him being reckless or making dumb plays. The confidence will come with age.

Reactions: LDF

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Central Division is gonna hate us for years to come

QgGGeJV.jpg

IrJnQyL.jpg

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Not at all. 2 & 28 your shutdown pair going forward.
Them and the pairing of Byram/Mitchell. Two high-end defensive pairings. And it allows Boqvist to get easy minutes feasting on weaker oppositions (and Beaudin is very good at creating offense through passing the puck up ice, while staying far enough back to be defensively reliable).

I don't expect to ever see all those pairings (at least not fore the next couple years), but it is fun to think about.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Them and the pairing of Byram/Mitchell. Two high-end defensive pairings. And it allows Boqvist to get easy minutes feasting on weaker
oppositions (and Beaudin is very good at creating offense through passing the puck up ice, while
staying far enough back to be defensively reliable).

I don't expect to ever see all those
pairings (at least not fore the next couple years), but it is fun to think about.

Agreed. It's an NHL 20 type of video game scenario. But the great thing is they can let these guys develop at their own pace until they are ready. And the patience will be worth it.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Them and the pairing of Byram/Mitchell. Two high-end defensive pairings. And it allows Boqvist to get easy minutes feasting on weaker oppositions (and Beaudin is very good at creating offense through passing the puck up ice, while staying far enough back to be defensively reliable).

I don't expect to ever see all those pairings (at least not fore the next couple years), but it is fun to think about.
Beaudin and Boqvist really feel like they were drafted to play with each other. Beaudin is good at holding down the fort which will free up Boqvist to play that almost 4th forward role.

Reactions: CallMeShaft
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad