Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Altybarmakyan is the #1 U22 scorer in the KHL so far. It would be one hell of a breakout year for him if he can keep this pace going.

Reactions: Muffinalt

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
Altybarmakyan is the #1 U22 scorer in the KHL so far. It would be one hell of a breakout year for him if he can keep this pace going.

Haven’t seen him now in a couple years, but from the few games viewed then, really impressed with his high skill level
He has top 6, while Kayumov has the 3rd line potential with his well rounded game.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
God that Graham Knott pick was terrible.
Makes me cringe every time. Got drafted 2 spots ahead of his teammate Vince Dunn.

F Graham Knott: 42P in 68GP
D Vince Dunn: 56P in 68GP

I know points aren't everything, but you're telling me the Hawks scouted the Niagara IceDogs on numerous occasions and decided Knott was better than Dunn? Well last I checked Dunn is a Stanley Cup champion now at 22 years old...

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Makes me cringe every time. Got drafted 2 spots ahead of his teammate Vince Dunn.

F Graham Knott: 42P in 68GP
D Vince Dunn: 56P in 68GP

I know points aren't everything, but you're telling me the Hawks scouted the Niagara IceDogs on numerous occasions and decided Knott was better than Dunn? Well last I checked Dunn is a Stanley Cup champion now at 22 years old...

I wanted Oliver Kylington bad. Thought he was the exact type of smallish, smooth-skating D that we tended to draft back then.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Couple of questions about Icehogs schedule:
Do they play any preseason games ? Their game vs Boston this Saturday isn't listed but that may be because they'll be called the Blackhawks in that game. Will they be wearing NHL Blackhawk sweaters as opposed to Icehogs? 1st regular season game looks to be Oct 4 but then they don't play again until Oct 12 - why the long interim?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Couple of questions about Icehogs schedule:
Do they play any preseason games ? Their game vs Boston this Saturday isn't listed but that may be because they'll be called the Blackhawks in that game. Will they be wearing NHL Blackhawk sweaters as opposed to Icehogs? 1st regular season game looks to be Oct 4 but then they don't play again until Oct 12 - why the long interim?

No preseason game outside of the Bruins game.

Long interim because.... AHL scheduling lol

Reactions: plasmonresonance

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Thrashing by the Bruins in a not important game for them just shows the kids that they’re not ready and have a lot to work on before becoming NHL caliber players.

Reactions: Muffinalt

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Thrashing by the Bruins in a not important game for them just shows the kids that they’re not ready and have a lot to work on before becoming NHL caliber players.

Not really as it was a team of all kids vs a team that lost in game 7 of the final last year. Some kids are not ready, some are closer, and some are ready but getting thrashed does not mean there are all not ready. This a weird way of looking at it and should go player by player and not just some result from 1 game.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
It doesn’t.... like at all.

You realize a lot of these bruins have been playing together for years and have a bit of chemistry? This is also an elite NHL team that was running into a hot goalie away from winning the Stanley Cup just months ago and had pretty much that entire roster in the lineup.

Most of these icehogs players have barely played with each other outside of camp and are still getting familiar with the system. I don’t know what exactly you were expecting them to do against an elite nhl team on the road. It’s not surprising nor indicative of anything that they’ve lost big.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Just a few ticks under Strome's production after his draft year and you know you have claimed Strome destroyed the OHL. You need to remove your bias. You can still not like his skating (his only big issue) but still acknowledge he is producing really well.
Strome put up 111 points after his draft year. I'm sorry, but Teply won't get close. Let's be realistic here.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
His production, which will taper off, is not impressive for a player his age and size in the CHL's worst league.

Again you are missing the point. This is not difficult. You let you bias (and past comments) influence your takes later and it makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about (which we know is not the case most of the time).

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Its a 5 game sample size. I thought you guys hate people making hyperboles? :sarcasm:
Of course it's hyperbole. I just posted it to ruffle Musto's feathers. He gets triggered when anyone says anything positive about Teply or negative about Strome. I find it hilarious that he loves Strome and hates Teply because the knock on both guys is their skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad