Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v12.0: Dozen Point Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Rockford needs a new coach. Dude never changed a damn thing last year and everything was predictable. Unless the players were just that hard-headed and refused to change how the played. But he just stood silently on the bench at all times with his arms folded.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Rockford needs a new coach. Dude never changed a damn thing last year and everything was predictable. Unless the players were just that hard-headed and refused to change how the played. But he just stood silently on the bench at all times with his arms folded.

Interesting. It is so hard to figure out as fans what is going (unless you have an inside source).

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He said this about Dach yesterday:

Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. Of course I have no idea what went on in the locker room so maybe the comments were warranted.
I don't see anything wrong with any of those comments really, just constructive criticism.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Caldercanucks

Sep 12, 2019
I think Boqvist maxes out as a Gus type player. Exceptional offensive prowess and can run the PP, but has defensive lapses and not someone you can reliably send out to PK. Hughes is smaller, but for me, he's got higher IQ and might be the greatest skater I've ever seen.

Dach could end up the best player in the 2019 draft. There's not a high chance for that to happen, but I also wouldn't rule it out. Top guys in that draft were pretty close.
I presumed Quinton would be gone before the nucks picked, so I lasered in on Bovqist. Offensively they are quite similar, both rovers, that ooze offence. I think Q with his IQ has really surprised a lot of people with how good he is defensively. The one thing that imo separates Q from AB, is skating and IQ. Both players being rovers are gonna get caught out of position, what I saw from Q in his 5 games and the worlds is his ability to use his speed and IQ to get back into position or take the puck away. I think Adam will always be a little weak on the Dside. One thing I have thought since the draft was that they will end up being the top 2 players from that draft. Dahlin seems like a Hedmen type great at everything, but not an impact offensive D like Burns or EK. As for Dach. Once he gets stronger, with his nasty edge, I see a lot of Getzlaf in him. Kid is a stud. I think he Jack, Kakko and Podz are in a whole nother level in what really is a weak draft glad to passed on Bowen. I think he's the 5th d taken in the 2018 draft. Good luck on your season, I hope the nucks and hawks become the rivals they were, 10 years ago.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I presumed Quinton would be gone before the nucks picked, so I lasered in on Bovqist. Offensively they are quite similar, both rovers, that ooze offence. I think Q with his IQ has really surprised a lot of people with how good he is defensively. The one thing that imo separates Q from AB, is skating and IQ. Both players being rovers are gonna get caught out of position, what I saw from Q in his 5 games and the worlds is his ability to use his speed and IQ to get back into position or take the puck away. I think Adam will always be a little weak on the Dside. One thing I have thought since the draft was that they will end up being the top 2 players from that draft. Dahlin seems like a Hedmen type great at everything, but not an impact offensive D like Burns or EK. As for Dach. Once he gets stronger, with his nasty edge, I see a lot of Getzlaf in him. Kid is a stud. I think he Jack, Kakko and Podz are in a whole nother level in what really is a weak draft glad to passed on Bowen. I think he's the 5th d taken in the 2018 draft. Good luck on your season, I hope the nucks and hawks become the rivals they were, 10 years ago.

Podz? No

Hughes and Kakko? Yes

Reactions: Kevin Musto

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well the 1 thing against Quinm Hughes vs.Boqvist is that Highes has a lousy shot ...nowhere near the special shooter Boqvist is..

The thing is...you could even move Boqvist up to a winger and he could be a huge goal scorer ...not so Q.H.

Boqvist has a much higher ceiling...and to call QH somehow great as a defender is a gross exaggeration...he can get caught a lot...neither is his small size going to have an essu time with big MJL forwards.. he is older and more experienced than Noqvost ...Let us compare 3-4 years down the road...IMO Boqvist will exceed Q.H. by a big margin at that time.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Well the 1 thing against Quinm Hughes vs.Boqvist is that Highes has a lousy shot ...nowhere near the special shooter Boqvist is..

The thing is...you could even move Boqvist up to a winger and he could be a huge goal scorer ...not so Q.H.

Boqvist has a much higher ceiling...and to call QH somehow great as a defender is a gross exaggeration...he can get caught a lot...neither is his small size going to have an essu time with big MJL forwards.. he is older and more experienced than Noqvost ...Let us compare 3-4 years down the road...IMO Boqvist will exceed Q.H. by a big margin at that time.

This. I think Boqvist will eclipse Hughes, in fairly short order. Maybe a push defensively, but offensively it won't be close. Imagine how good he'd be if his skating was good and his hockey IQ was better. :sarcasm:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Hughes separates from Boqvist on skating and IQ? :help:

Not being a dick, but I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Hughes separates from Boqvist on skating and IQ? :help:

Not being a dick, but I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Homer fans, homer media and Pronman (amongst others). Our homer fans are more knowledgeable than theirs, nana boo boo. I wouldn't trade Boqvist for Hughes, Hughes' earlier NHL start not withstanding.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe he's one of those guys who can be effective despite not skating very well.

There are quite a few players who may be a step slower than most NHLers but their other assets more than make up for it. Look no further than Dylan Strome or John Tavares.
In a tiny sample size I liked the hockey instincts that Teply displayed and so far it seems it may translate well.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
There are quite a few players who may be a step slower than most NHLers but their other assets more than make up for it. Look no further than Dylan Strome or John Tavares.
In a tiny sample size I liked the hockey instincts that Teply displayed and so far it seems it may translate well.
Honestly I'm beginning to think that this might be a team building strategy. They're targeting a lot of players with average to below average skating that make up for it in other areas. They're taking a market inefficiency and using it to acquire talent.

Reactions: Idionym

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Honestly I'm beginning to think that this might be a team building strategy. They're targeting a lot of players with average to below average skating that make up for it in other areas. They're taking a market inefficiency and using it to acquire talent.

The central limit theorem says one needs a sample size of nearly 30 before it can be applied. WRT the Hawks' prospects who fit your criteria, the sample size falls for short of reaching a statistical conclusion. WAG though? Have at it, lol, just like myriad others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad