Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Speed is one thing ..but if you cannot finish what good is speed ?

Jack Hughes is a great skater both in speed and agility but his finishing is below average considering the number if shots on goal he generates..plus he gets over 50% of highs piubtsxagaibst a man down on the pp ...and he xshines more on the big ice rinks ... Speed and great skating is nice to have but lots of other stuff goes into making a great player ..

Also what if you are a great skater but do not put effort into defending well given that your speed could help you close fast on your checks?Nobody would call Generational Jack a great defensive forward...

So skating is nice but if you lack too many key attributes it does not get you much .

Hughes great skater and playmaker especially on pp....but defensively I think average to below average ....his shot average to below average which I Think when facing NHL goalies will be proven definitely below average.

His success in NHL will be ifcaxteam taking him gives him featured #1 unit pp time and us a team capable of generating lots of pp opportunities..if not getting litscofcpps then as an ES player I doubt he is going to vexacgreay +/- guy...He will electrify with his speed though ...

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
I never understood why they use a 20-80 scale...?
when I scouted, for the NHL team, we used an A B C D scales, for the junior team, we used a 1-10 scale. regarding what someone asked would be a top score for something, I was lucky in that I got to watch Crosby in junior. he became my gold standard that I used to compare against the players I was specifically scouting

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
20-80 is based on a bell curve. If you think of a bell curve, such a small percentage of it is outside the 20-80 range that it's not even worth incorporating it into the scale.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I saw the preview was posted on the Boqvist video but not the full thing yet so here it is if you forgot to check it out.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Beaudin credited with 3casists in the win Saturday night over Sherbrooke.

A noince-back for him after getting zero points in their previous game of the series where his team scored 9 goals...This game his team got 7 goals but at least he was in on 3 of them.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hogs win 4-3 in a shoot-out ...No points for Dylan Sikura...Again Kurashrv no points and zro shots (2 Hames in a row now with blankety-blanks)...Hagel again no shots and no points (he only has 1a in 5GP)..

Reece Johnson did getv1 apple... Joker with 1 apple ..and Chad Keys with his 4th apple since joining the hogs...

It would seem our prospects are not exactly doing that Michael against AHL competition.

Meanwhile we are flabbergasted that MTL introduced Ryan Poehling to the NHL I their final game vs. Toronto...He Stats in his first game with a hatty and the GWG in a shoot-out..So he had 3cshots on goal in regulation ...all went in..

And in the shoot-out he took another shot that beat a goalie to WI the game and MTL closes put their season on a high and with great hope for next season..Have they found a "difference-maker"...a star?

I do not know

But our prospects ain't exactly dominating vs. Just the AHL level.

Not so hopeful for our future if this is all our pipeline can do again st the B league.

Show ME THE GOALS..
Not the odd apple here and there or Nada...

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Hogs win 4-3 in a shoot-out ...No points for Dylan Sikura...Again Kurashrv no points and zro shots (2 Hames in a row now with blankety-blanks)...Hagel again no shots and no points (he only has 1a in 5GP)..

Reece Johnson did getv1 apple... Joker with 1 apple ..and Chad Keys with his 4th apple since joining the hogs...

It would seem our prospects are not exactly doing that Michael against AHL competition.

Meanwhile we are flabbergasted that MTL introduced Ryan Poehling to the NHL I their final game vs. Toronto...He Stats in his first game with a hatty and the GWG in a shoot-out..So he had 3cshots on goal in regulation ...all went in..

And in the shoot-out he took another shot that beat a goalie to WI the game and MTL closes put their season on a high and with great hope for next season..Have they found a "difference-maker"...a star?

I do not know

But our prospects ain't exactly dominating vs. Just the AHL level.

Not so hopeful for our future if this is all our pipeline can do again st the B league.

Show ME THE GOALS..
Not the odd apple here and there or Nada...

It’s almost like people overrate our forward prospects because they are all we have. I wouldn’t count on any of these guys to make the big club. If so, I like my crow medium rare.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It’s almost like people overrate our forward prospects because they are all we have. I wouldn’t count on any of these guys to make the big club. If so, I like my crow medium rare.
If you think people overrate our forward prospects wait until you read what they say about the D prospects.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I know our D prospects and they are rated fine. Big difference
Kurashev is legit. Top 9 upside.

Entwistle is a perfect bottom 6 player.

Barratt should make a solid 3C.

Wise, if he gets to being healthy again, should also make a solid 3C.

Kayumov is a bottom 6 PKer.

Soderlund a bottom 6 PKer.

Altybarmakyan I have no clue.

Highmore a 4th liner.

Nordgren a top 9 forward if he can stay healthy.

Hagel a bottom 6 player.

Kubalik a top 9 forward.

I think that covers most of the ones who could potentially play in the NHL. Then there are project picks like Slavin, Foo, and Hakkarainen.

I don't think any of them are being overrated.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Kurashev is legit. Top 9 upside.

Entwistle is a perfect bottom 6 player.

Barratt should make a solid 3C.

Wise, if he gets to being healthy again, should also make a solid 3C.

Kayumov is a bottom 6 PKer.

Soderlund a bottom 6 PKer.

Altybarmakyan I have no clue.

Highmore a 4th liner.

Nordgren a top 9 forward if he can stay healthy.

Hagel a bottom 6 player.

Kubalik a top 9 forward.

I think that covers most of the ones who could potentially play in the NHL. Then there are project picks like Slavin, Foo, and Hakkarainen.

I don't think any of them are being overrated.

What I am saying is none of our forward prospects are even on the same spectrum as the D. That’s all

Reactions: Kevin Musto

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
How many people are acting like our forward prospects are legit future NHLers? I don't see any of them as anything more than middle sixers unless one of them comes out of nowhere and figures it out.

Kurashev and Barratt have the best chance of figuring it out and becoming great NHLers, but the odds are and have been stacked against them being legit 1st line talent.

That's why this 1st round pick coming up is so important.

Defense is completely different because we've used our top 4 picks from the last two drafts to try to shore that area up.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
How many people are acting like our forward prospects are legit future NHLers? I don't see any of them as anything more than middle sixers unless one of them comes out of nowhere and figures it out.

Thank you. Don’t see anything otherwise

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s funny so many of you are down on our forwards. Watching Entwistle excel literally everywhere including the world juniors makes me think he has a very real chance at a bottom 6 role next year.

And Kurashev was drafted LAST YEAR. Can we give him another two years before we start calling a fourth rounder a bust?

And it’s not as if we’re in dire need of top 6 forwards. Especially since we drafted Cat and traded for Strome. Most of our top 6 is set. So let’s just back away from the cliff a bit.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
finding forwards is fine and dandy, but it is experience d-men that this team needs now.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It’s funny so many of you are down on our forwards. Watching Entwistle excel literally everywhere including the world juniors makes me think he has a very real chance at a bottom 6 role next year.

And Kurashev was drafted LAST YEAR. Can we give him another two years before we start calling a fourth rounder a bust?

And it’s not as if we’re in dire need of top 6 forwards. Especially since we drafted Cat and traded for Strome. Most of our top 6 is set. So let’s just back away from the cliff a bit.
Kurashev was drafted in the third round last year. It's way too premature to say he'll be a higher end player (like a DeBrincat or Strome).

And every organization has middle six and bottom 6 guys. Entwistle can certainly be a good bottom 6er. Maybe something like Bolland if ME converts fully to center. That doesn't mean he's a rare breed of prospect. It just means he can be useful for us in the future.

We need a 1st line caliber prospect. Someone who we were as high on as we were with DeBrincat, Schmaltz, and Teravainen years ago. It's a huge flaw in our organization, and will hopefully be remedied after this draft (get a good one with our 1st, hope some talented forward drops enough for our 2nd).

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kurashev was drafted in the third round last year. It's way too premature to say he'll be a higher end player (like a DeBrincat or Strome).

And every organization has middle six and bottom 6 guys. Entwistle can certainly be a good bottom 6er. Maybe something like Bolland if ME converts fully to center. That doesn't mean he's a rare breed of prospect. It just means he can be useful for us in the future.

We need a 1st line caliber prospect. Someone who we were as high on as we were with DeBrincat, Schmaltz, and Teravainen years ago. It's a huge flaw in our organization, and will hopefully be remedied after this draft (get a good one with our 1st, hope some talented forward drops enough for our 2nd).
Kurashev was a fourth rounder. I’m claiming nothing of him right now. But to say after 1 game in the AHL as a 19 year old that he won’t be top 6 forward is ridiculous.

And we’re people claiming Entwistle was a special type of player. I’ve only seen people say a bottom 6 forward is what he projects to be. And there’s plenty of garbage bottom 6 forwards in the league, we have a bunch currently. So if he turns into a good one, then perfect.

As for this desperate need for a first liner, we don’t have one ready to step in sure. We sure as hell shouldn’t be paying a Panarin a ridiculous amount of money to fill that spot. Fact is, defense was the problem this year, not offense, so maybe focus on the main issue instead of a non existent one. A guy like Caggiula deserves to start on the top line next year with the way he has played.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Kurashev was a fourth rounder. I’m claiming nothing of him right now. But to say after 1 game in the AHL as a 19 year old that he won’t be top 6 forward is ridiculous.

And we’re people claiming Entwistle was a special type of player. I’ve only seen people say a bottom 6 forward is what he projects to be. And there’s plenty of garbage bottom 6 forwards in the league, we have a bunch currently. So if he turns into a good one, then perfect.

As for this desperate need for a first liner, we don’t have one ready to step in sure. We sure as hell shouldn’t be paying a Panarin a ridiculous amount of money to fill that spot. Fact is, defense was the problem this year, not offense, so maybe focus on the main issue instead of a non existent one. A guy like Caggiula deserves to start on the top line next year with the way he has played.
Third round, forth round. Close enough. Kid doesn't have the pedigree of a top player yet.

I wouldn't have complained about him not putting up points in the AHL yet though. But that was Fiddy, so it's only par for the corse.

Peole like Entwistle here because he could become a great 2-way third liner. That's a good player to have, but he's far from someone who can break a game wide open.

And this is the prospects thread. Between 19, 88, 17, and 12, we have enough options for the top line for next season, but we're all kinda looking 3-5 years ahead when our best two players will be nearing the end and will need to have others taking some of their roles on the team. 12 and 17 are good, but they sure as hell won't be able to balance out losing 19 and 88, so we need to find more players to help lighten that eventual load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad