Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

tumblr_pif42dPlyZ1xkok61o1_400.gif

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think sometime next season I'm going to spend a long weekend in Rockford to enjoy a few home games.
I'm really pumped to take a look at that team next year.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Hogs play Friday against Texas (who is a point ahead of them). Wanna talk about a huge game.. (Milwaukee who are 3 points ahead, play the 1st place Wolves the same night).

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wonder if the Hawks will qualify Hillman with all the defense coming in??? seems like a no brainer to do so, but Hillman himself might see a log jam forming here as well.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Great video.

I wonder how many teams have these former all-star caliber players have an active role in the development of a high-end prospect? Could be another way for Wirtz to try to give this team an advantage over other organizations.

Not sure about former all-star caliber players but many teams will have their own player development coaches/staff members on ice for prospects' practices during the season to work with them. Most teams at the junior and college levels allow for it, so that part isn't that uncommon. Those player development staffers aren't often Campbell-caliber ex players, however. Campbell's a real good guy to have in this situation for Boqvist.

EDIT: "Patrick Kane will find you there." Haha maybe my favorite part of this. Way to plant the seed for the kid and remind him who is going to be on the ice with. Love it.

DOUBLE EDIT: I actually don't think that college teams can allow for this even if they wanted to agree to it. I know junior level teams do, though. Fairly common. I'm also guessing it's only when a player is actually signed by the NHL club, which obviously rules out NCAA.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure about former all-star caliber players but many teams will have their own player development coaches/staff members on ice for prospects' practices during the season to work with them. Most teams at the junior and college levels allow for it, so that part isn't that uncommon. Those player development staffers aren't often Campbell-caliber ex players, however. Campbell's a real good guy to have in this situation for Boqvist.

He really is the perfect person for the role.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I figured some teams would send out former players to watch over a prospect, but like you and BK said, Campbell is such a good fit for Boqvist.

A cap floor team certainly wouldn't be paying such a high price for that quality of mentorship. And I'd imagine quite a few other organizations would also not be willing to cough up that much dough for a prospect of AB's ilk.

Reactions: Blue Liner

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The comment I really liked and it gave good insight to how they are developing Boqvist was where Soupy was talking about how Kane would find him when he was cutting far side but the puck stayed on the near board. This is long term development thinking because you don't want him to stop reading plays like he is just because he current teammates can pull them off. If stops making these reads it lessens what made him a high end talent, his mind. Boqvist was the long play in the draft but I think he was 100% the right choice.

Also LOL at Corey P saying his skating is a 55.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad