Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCAFguy

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Well Laine won't be going to Columbus if he's going to the Jets. If Dubois doesn't like Torts he's going to hate Maurice. I think Columbus would be lucky to get Roslovic for Dubois honestly.

Other than that, I'm calling it right now, Dubois gets traded to the Golden Knights.
Don't remember where I mentioned Laine. :huh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well he and the GM owns half the blame. You don’t negotiate hard and also call people out in the media. Who would work well when their boss is micromanaging them and finding any faults and harassing/bullying you? Torta is someone you don’t want to work for... he’s an alpha and his ego is too big for star players. That’s why Foglino is the captain... Torts doesn’t want to have a superstar outshine him.
:biglaugh:
rotflmao.gif

Do you have any idea whatsoever how Foligno is perceived in this town? How often he's seen? How much he shows up, especially as compared to Tortorella? He is the single most visible member of the Blue Jackets. Ahead of any front office personnel and ahead of any of his teammates.

Wow, did I badly need that laugh. :D

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, I’m thinking that it’ll end up being:
Top prospect (someone taken in the first round who is trending the right way), young controlled NHL player who can go (someone who’s already a top 6 F or top 4 D) and under 25, and finally a bevy of picks.
Boqvist
Strome
2021 2nd

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I know your quite low on Rossi but this is way too much
Not really low on Rossi. Just have a healthy respect for how hard it is for a prospect to make an impact in the NHL . Just look at PLD's draft year, and Puljujarvi, who was considered to be the 3rd best prospect, easily. CBJ were mocked for taking PLD before him. EDM thought they scored in getting him at #4. Rossi's recent health problems are also affecting his value.

On top of that, Dumba needs to show that he is fully back, CBJ has to be able to protect him at the ED, and MN's highest first could be as low as #15-20. Nice, but not earth shaking stuff.

Yeah, it's a serious offer, but PLD is precisely what MN needs, as long as they know he will be open to staying in MN after his present contract. If there is any hint that he wants to move on afterwards, then the deal is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
If PLD is playing so carelessly and getting 3 minutes of ice time a game, he is going to force CBJ's hand. He is tanking his own trade value. Honestly, it seems time to just rip the bandaid for CBJ. I am sure there are a few teams that would offer decent value, just might not be that slam dunk that CBJ fans are looking for in this thread.

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Im serious, I think the best deal for the jackets is for KK from Mtl, you get a good an upcoming C, all the other offers seem to be wingers.

I seriously doubt Bergevin would even make the deal now with thow the habs are playing, and knowing he can't play for 2 weeks+ if traded.

And all the other teams are sending a bunch of low offers right now.

I seriously would consider sending him home for the rest of the season and trade him in the summer.

Reactions: DarthProbert

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Studnicka or Debrusk + Lauzon or Zboril + Kuraly or Bjork + 2nd

Studnicka played tremendous last night and has gotten better every game. Lauzon solid young dman already playing on top pair with Mcavoy. Kuraly, the hometown boy hard working center that Torts loves.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Columbus will trade PLD to the team that offer them the best deal. They won't give two craps about who PLD wants to play for.

PLD will go play for that team and put a smile on his face or he will be out of the league. There is no scenario where some big-market team gets PLD for a steal because that is where he wants to go. He will have to live with where he gets traded to and work towards his UFA deal.

When was the last time a player demanding a trade got dealt and then immediately caused problems and demanded a trade again? It doesn't happen with RFAs who don't have leverage.

not sure if Jeff Carter was looking to get dealt when he was sent to Columbus and then refused to play and pulled this bullshit forcing him to be traded again to La.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
PLD barely played 5 minutes last night , he's days are counted .
CLB needs to find the best trade and make it happen now .

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Studnicka or Debrusk + Lauzon or Zboril + Kuraly or Bjork + 2nd

Studnicka played tremendous last night and has gotten better every game. Lauzon solid young dman already playing on top pair with Mcavoy. Kuraly, the hometown boy hard working center that Torts loves.
Wingers aren't useful unless they're superstars, defensemen aren't useful full stop, and we have plenty of bottom-6 centers.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I think the situation is killing any chance that a top prospect involved

I think ultimately it’ll be a package like
-Roster player
- solid prospect
-protected first
-2nd/prospect in the same value area
a protected 2021 first from a lottery team is maybe more desired than an unprotected 2021 first. imagine if cbj can trade pld for shane wright.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Yes, a marginal upgrade. Do people not realize Kadri is a 30 goal center who just came of posting 18 points in 15 games and was in Smythe talks before the Avs were outed?

PLD is better in every category, and is significantly younger with more control.

If PLD can match Kadri's ppg @ 22 facing tougher competition, imagine what he could do playing with that offensively dominant Avs team. The changes in coaching and teammates are an incredible upgrade if you are focused on offensive numbers.

Saying this is a marginal upgrade is akin to saying replacing EJ with Heiskanen is a marginal upgrade because of traditional stat comparisons. It ignores age, opportunity, control.

Reactions: Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad