Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
When these situations get ugly in the public eye, getting an established top roster player goes out the window because no GM wants to trade a guy with deeper roots to the team for a guy embroiled in controversy. Just the way it goes

At best, the framework for a return becomes a young blue chip guy and picks.

Duchene, Johansen, Drouin, Trouba all follow this.

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I’d like PLD in Montreal (not for the insane price the CLB board is asking though) but I fully support Torts on this. Bench his ass if he plays like that.

Unacceptable, be professional.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Newhook+ is still the the best package and fit I've seen yet. Newhook+Kadri+a good asset.
This would be a total win win. Sakic needs to do this IMO, especially if he wants to win the Cup this year!

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
When these situations get ugly in the public eye, getting an established top roster player goes out the window because no GM wants to trade a guy with deeper roots to the team for a guy embroiled in controversy. Just the way it goes

At best, the framework for a return becomes a young blue chip guy and picks.

Duchene, Johansen, Drouin, Trouba all follow this.
Yep. Honestly, it’s very unfair to Columbus. But the the truth is they’re losing trade leverage extremely quickly right now.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Yep. Honestly, it’s very unfair to Columbus. But the the truth is they’re losing trade leverage extremely quickly right now.
Wait until all our jaws hit the ground when Jarmo pulls out the steal of the century.

I can’t see Jarmo lose this trade. The kid is 22. Worst case scenario, bench him nonstop till you get what you want lol. Or tell the kid to move his ass if he wants his ass moved fast.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
After seeing PLD with the famous shift, I hope the Habs is not going to trade for him. Completely unprofessional.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Wait until all our jaws hit the ground when Jarmo pulls out the steal of the century.
If he does, good for him honestly.

But he clearly wasn’t getting the offer he wanted when this all started. Conventional wisdom would suggest the offers don’t improve at this point. Crazier things have happened, but I wouldn’t want to be in his position right now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

But he clearly wasn’t getting the offer he wanted when this all started. Conventional wisdom would suggest the offers don’t improve at this point. Crazier things have happened, but I wouldn’t want to be in his position right now.
That's kind of a given, because what he wanted was "we get to keep our guy".

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I was thinking Henrique and Zegras from Anaheim initially, but now I dont think it will take that much.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016

If we look at it in a different angle, maybe the teams who are really interested in him (and I’m sure most teams are), will impulsively make a more aggressive push thinking the trade is imminent and that they just can’t miss out, and yeah... we all know when we act out of impulse, anything can happen!

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Newhook+ is still the the best package and fit I've seen yet. Newhook+Kadri+a good asset.
Something tells me Joe Sakic won't be looking to trade all that for a marginal upgrade on Kadri after he saw how PLD is handling himself.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
How about a simple " we are not going to let this be a distraction. PLD is under contract for 2 more seasons and Jarmo will only move him when we get full value for our budding,young star"

Its only a distraction if the player dogs it the way he did.

Other wise it was a very innocent interview

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
They should trade him to a rebuilding team so he can enjoy losing the next few years. Why reward him by sending him to a contender where he actually tries his best and then also make the Jackets look dumb for trading him?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He could have just said next question. He’s done that before . He did what he wanted . It’s working out real well for him .

He answered matter of factly. He didn't broach the subject.

Guys get shit on when they avoid questions and when they answer them.

I have always appreciated Torts honesty.

Its refreshing in today's bullshit world

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
They should trade him to a rebuilding team so he can enjoy losing the next few years. Why reward him by sending him to a contender where he actually tries his best and then also make the Jackets look dumb for trading him?
A rebuilding team trying to instill a culture isn't going to trade for that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was thinking Henrique and Zegras from Anaheim initially, but now I dont think it will take that much.
I think the situation is killing any chance that a top prospect involved

I think ultimately it’ll be a package like
-Roster player
- solid prospect
-protected first
-2nd/prospect in the same value area

Reactions: Benstheman

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
"But but but but but but MUST BLAME TORTS"

Well he and the GM owns half the blame. You don’t negotiate hard and also call people out in the media. Who would work well when their boss is micromanaging them and finding any faults and harassing/bullying you? Torta is someone you don’t want to work for... he’s an alpha and his ego is too big for star players. That’s why Foglino is the captain... Torts doesn’t want to have a superstar outshine him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad