Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Rossi+Dumba is a good package that Minnesota can offer depending on what’s going on with Rossi’s health. Picks and prospects can be added to even it out but it gives CBJ a young C to replace PLD longterm and an immediate boost to their blueline.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Probably going to drop his value a bit but he'll still get a good return. I'm hoping the Sharks deal Labanc, Gambrell, and a pick for him.

Collecting high profile headcases is what led the Sharks to be perpetually underachieving despite being one of the most talented team of the 2010s.

And you want Dubois?

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
To TOR:
Dubois
Savard
1st 2021
3rd 2021

To CBJ:
Marner

Dubois wants out and lands in Toronto, making the team a little grittier. Columbus gets a franchise player who will make them twice as skillful overnight. Savard gives Toronto extra depth and makes cap space for the Jackets. The picks make the trade more even as CBJ is getting the vastly better player. CBJ throws in a couple more picks if necessary.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lol why would any team entertain a garbage offer like that.

Because a lot of teams are going to not take Dubois because of what he did like it or not. His value did drop and the teams that are going to stick around know that they have the leverage.

Collecting high profile headcases is what led the Sharks to be perpetually underachieving despite being one of the most talented team of the 2010s.

And you want Dubois?

I don't know what you're viewing as headcases but it doesn't really matter because that isn't why they underachieved to those who think that they did. And yes, I do want Dubois. Sharks need talent.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Because a lot of teams are going to not take Dubois because of what he did like it or not. His value did drop and the teams that are going to stick around know that they have the leverage.

I don't know what you're viewing as headcases but it doesn't really matter because that isn't why they underachieved to those who think that they did. And yes, I do want Dubois. Sharks need talent.

If that’s the basis for a trade, Montreal would laugh and say thank you setting the bar so low. But that’s not the case.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Folks really in here comparing him (in a negative light) to Kadri now. Damn.
Saying he is a marginal upgrade over a proven fit who just went 18 in 15 in the playoffs and either scored or paced for 30 goals in all but one of the last four seasons is comparing him in a negative light? What on Earth are you on about? What is negative in that? That I called him a quitter? Well take a look at that shift and tell if that isn't a definition of a kid who took his ball and went home.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I’m a big Marner & PLD fan, but that seems like a fairly big overpayment to me, I’m curious to see what other fans think.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Folks really in here comparing him (in a negative light) to Kadri now. Damn.
PLD is a great young player but he isn’t much better than Nazem Kadri right now.

He’s certainly more valuable. Younger, RFA after his contract etc. but as a hockey player today there isn’t much difference between the two. In fact I posted a few days ago that PLD had 22 goals and 59 points in 80 total game’s last year while Kadri had 28 goals and 54 points in just 66 total games.

Now I realize PLD plays in Trotz defensive system but people should also realize that Kadri played a shutdown role for Colorado too.

Give me the choice between the two and I take PLD but if anyone thinks the difference between the two right now is anything but minor they are drastically undervaluing Nazem Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad