Speculation: All Purpose Pierre-Luc Dubois Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The kids a stud, but this thing between him and Torts and CBJ slow start this season only adds pressure for them to do something sooner.....can’t see this ongoing till the end of the season. Either Torts/PLD need to resolve their problems or a trade is likely go to happen sooner then later

Oh I agree and my best guess is that PLD is trying to inject some urgency into this. Who knows, maybe this helps, maybe it doesn't.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
That just reminds me of a regular Ryan Johansen shift circa 2015. We seen bad sh*t in Columbus. :laugh:

I don't care about the money. You send him home if he isn't willing to play well, so the team can focus.

Ideally he says he will play better and he does so until the trade. Or even better a trade offer comes in right about now that doesn't hurt the team. Both of those are out of the team's hands. By your own terms:

If Dubois doesn't play like a ~1C the team goes into freefall.
If you hurry a trade for something less than a ~1C the team goes into freefall.

Do you have any suggestions for something that the team actually can control?

I have a suggestion but its going to cause more anarchy essentially. You take the franchise player over the coach who lost the room everytime.

Now if thats not the only issue, then that makes me very sad. You aren't gonna get enough based on the volatility of whats happening.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
it's gotta be full on toxic in that locker room at this point. stapling your young star to the bench to the tune of less than 4 min of ice time in an OT game and then publicly bashing him indirectly saying he's not playing the right way

the head coach is not making his GMs job any easier to get full value right now and the last thing you need is a divided locker room

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Wow, the effort tonight was awful, why even sign a contract with a team if that’s how you’re going to perform. Disrespectful to his teammates and the fans man
didn't catch the game live only read all the game summary and post game coverage, was PLD just dogging it out there from the start?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That’s not how it works. One shitty game when a player is obviously disgruntled doesn’t diminish his value that much
It was an unreasonable ask to begin with. PLD is a borderline 1C and young, but you’re not going to get that for him. I think if you’re lucky, you swap him for a real high ceiling young guy like Kakko, but more realistically I see him returning a package. Maybe a 2C + 1st +

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I have a suggestion but its going to cause more anarchy essentially. You take the franchise player over the coach who lost the room everytime.

Now if thats not the only issue, then that makes me very sad. You aren't gonna get enough based on the volatility of whats happening.

What makes you think the coach lost the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad